Pinnacle no longer accepts action from bots

Share ideas and experience on bookmakers. Search before starting any account
vinciguerra
Has experience
Has experienceHas experience

Re: Pinnacle no longer accepts action from bots

Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:55 am

golem77 wrote:
vinciguerra wrote: if you don't like it, don't play there.  good luck with that.
Really hard to imagine that. Pinny is still "essential". Better advice is keep the balance you will not regret to lost. Money managment/risk balance is the key i think so.
yes, that was exactly my point.  pinnacle has been an absolute gift for bettors for many, many, many years. they have done more for arbing than anybody else, it's not even close.  so if wolfie doesn't like it, he can go.  i personally can't afford, and don't want to leave a book that has been so good to me on such a technicality.
vinciguerra
Has experience

Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:57 am

dealer wins wrote: Are Pinnacle going down the tubes
If Pinny would go down the tubes, they would just take your money. Not first update their T&C.
kl
klopp1

Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:29 am

is it a bad time for a newbie? I have read this forum for many hours as advised, pinnacle, betfair recent problems for members, books who i read on here want arbers?
arbusers
Administrator
AdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministrator

Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:51 am

The risk as it is for the time being, is for those who use bots.
The rest of sharp bettors have nothing to fear from Pinnacle.
Humble and intelligent money management requires that you keep in every bookmaker the amount of funds that you feel comfortable with.
Let's face it, only a very small percentage of Pinnacle's clients use bots to beat their lines. Pinnacle made a clear decision being ready to lose these clients and part of their good reputation.
If Pinnacle decides to attack all forms of smart and sharp action, their reputation will be damaged so much, that they will end up no different than WillHill and the others.
klopp1 wrote: is it a bad time for a newbie? I have read this forum for many hours as advised, pinnacle, betfair recent problems for members, books who i read on here want arbers?
We explained several times that newbies face barriers to entry in these business. However, if you wait for better times, then most probably you will never make it.
arbMia
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:33 am

I am using the bot for Pinnacle, What will I do? Stop or continue to use the bot and reduce the credit ?
I afraid pinny will rob all money.
Mi_t_is
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:00 am

does anybody else notice last two days a very low amount of surebets between pinnacle and sbobet? I think that it is because pinnacle ban bots which moves the lines at pinnacle.
bigtuna
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:19 am

Until someone actually gets their account closed and their funds confiscated, I think we can relax. It's normal for bookmakers to put all sorts of crazy things in their T&C, but it doesn't mean they are actually going to do anything.
arbusers
Administrator

Sun Jan 20, 2019 3:20 pm

arbMia wrote: I am using the bot for Pinnacle, What will I do? Stop or continue to use the bot and reduce the credit ?
I afraid pinny will rob all money.
As previously mentioned, you should reduce your risks by holding only the money really needed for your operations.
ajeto
Has experience

Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:07 am

For me if Pinn bans bots is actually a good news. Pinnacle is and stays n.1 in online sports betting. I can understand that bots able to place several max bets in a fragment of a second, probably aren't welcome by any bookie. This kind of software has not existed 10 years ago, or it was very rare. Now days looks like the space is crowded with all kind of bots, and some kind of reaction from bookies is expected.

If less bots means a step back in time, I totally support it.
Last edited by ajeto on Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
GStyle
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:51 am

The truth is that there are many opportunities that can be done by human manually, and the bots dont let the manually playing people to make money, so for me, the bots are bad and i can say, because of those bots, some parts of our future arbing, are falling down. I understand those who use bots, personally i dont, but i would like to stop those things with bots, and in betfair.

Unfortunately bad times are coming, the future of betting for some people is like ice falling in Antarctica.
arbusers
Administrator

Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:45 am

I have to disappoint all retro-nostalgic smart players.
While I do understand their reasoning, which is based mainly on personal bias and interests, bots are here to stay. IMO this trend is irreversible. Of course bookmakers will counter-attack and we have seen some of these counter-attacks recently (remember the Feb18 raid from a well known bookmaker?) but really, there is limited space for them.
Lets go back to the 90s and see the debate between shop lovers and internet anticipators. The anticipators won, and actually, all these people who are against bots right now belong to the internet anticipators who won the battle against shop lovers.
Now there is a new battle. Guess who will win? Bot developers will. Of course there will be space to make money from manual action in the same way that some people still make money from shops but the largest part of the prey will go to those who side with the bots.
Wolfie
Totally Pro
Totally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally Pro

Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:29 am

The times are calling for pinnacle to become sharper and not confiscate, if it wants to maintain its reputation.
ajeto
Has experience

Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:50 pm

Bots will for sure stay, no doubt about it. However I am listening for 10 years already how pre-match arbing is dead.  ;)

The strategy that really worked all these years for me was not to follow the crowds but use own brain instead. This won't change even big majority of bettors will switch to bots.
arbusers
Administrator

Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:15 pm

It is perfectly fine keeping your business into a lifestyle level. No body is going to accuse you, and you shouldn't accuse your self either. Bot some are willing to go for scalable business and these shouldn't be accused either.

Bookmakers will adopt. They already adopt. They could go the easy way of money confiscation, lowering limits etc, or the hard way of making their softwares better, becoming more competitive.
Heracles made his choice between Vice and Virtue and we all have to make our own choices in these business. Pinnacle made its choice some years ago to become better and more competitive. Maybe the management made another choice right now.
Last edited by arbusers on Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
barnstorm
Has experience

Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:05 pm

If I could safely and securely make a sports bet with you online, at fair odds, and without the need for the losing one of us to pay Pinnacle 10% juice, would you do it?

That technology is coming and that day is near.

Bitcoin Betting on the Blockchain.

Maybe there will be a minuscule amount charged for the Blockchain transaction and exchange of funds. Literally, just pennies.

Pinnacle and all the others will be going the way of Kodak film, landline phones, fax machines, Walkman's and VCRs!

A middleman is not needed.

List of obsolete technologies:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_obsolete_technology

Return to “Bookies discussion”