RebelBetting - Turn betting into investing

Pinnacle no longer accepts action from bots

Share ideas and experience on bookmakers. Search before starting any account
thorocska
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Re: Pinnacle no longer accepts action from bots

Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:47 pm

barnstorm wrote: Bitcoin Betting on the Blockchain.
Problem with Bitcoin is the big fluctuation in price. For this reason, I couldn't use BitCoin for betting.
How do you handle this issue?
I know that the price could go in your favor, but sometimes the price crash and you could lose a very big amount.
ajeto
Has experience
Has experienceHas experience

Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:48 pm

Yeah, although I love the idea of cutting off the middleman and I truly think that it is possible somewhere in the future, but for at least next decade I just don't see yet going away FB, YT, Uber, banks, bookies, ETC. Hopefully we'll see some new decentralised concepts bringing new opportunities to the space. 
blackjack
Has experience

Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:56 pm

Bots are beating Pinnacle like never before and more and more players are using them and will use them. Just count how many forum members said they use bots in Pinnacle and then multiply this by 3 to calculate those who stay silent.
There is a party going on in Pinnacle. A value betting party.
arbusers
Administrator
AdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministrator

Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:59 pm

It is not only a value betting party, but an arbing party as well. Sharp books are reducing their limits not because of arbing between sharps and softs, but because of arbing between sharps.
barnstorm
Has experience

Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:03 pm

Arbusers wrote: It is not only a value betting party, but an arbing party as well. Sharp books are reducing their limits not because of arbing between sharps and softs, but because of arbing between sharps.
I thought Pinny did okay with Arbers because Arbers lost more than they won at Pinny, as the arb at the Soft book was usually the winning one?
barnstorm
Has experience

Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:05 pm

Arbusers wrote: It is not only a value betting party, but an arbing party as well. Sharp books are reducing their limits not because of arbing between sharps and softs, but because of arbing between sharps.
Can you explain just how Bots are beating Pinny? Just by being able to exploit changes in odds and lines faster than Pinny can adjust? What info are the Bots using to detect a line change faster than Pinny?

Or is it that Bots are finding Value Bets even at Pinny? Where and how are Bots calculating true odds that can catch even Pinny?
Last edited by barnstorm on Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
thorocska
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:20 pm

barnstorm wrote:
I thought Pinny did okay with Arbers because Arbers lost more than they won at Pinny, as the arb at the Soft book was usually the winning one?
As Arbusers said, if bots placing arbs between the sharps, then this hurts them.
barnstorm
Has experience

Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:16 pm

thorocska wrote:
barnstorm wrote:
As Arbusers said, if bots placing arbs between the sharps, then this hurts them.
An Arb between two sharps?

So you are saying that someone is sharper than Pinny on some games? Who might that be most of the times? Pinny off of what MatchBook or Betfair are offering? Off enough for a significant arb?
sideprofits
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:21 am

Some people are talking about bots in pinnacle and arbitrage between sharp bookmakers like it was there almost for ever.
Wolfie
Totally Pro
Totally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally Pro

Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:57 am

I think the main reason for this are Betting Syndicates.
They have been putting bets for years with skype and phone calls with very high stakes, 6 digits. The problem is they became so big even sharps could not handle to sharp their odds from them. The means to sharp odds was becoming more pricey than the win from them.
So with the development of bots and help of multiaccounting Betting Syndicates found a new way to place their big value bets.
Best scenario pinnacle is putting this terms only momentarily until it finds a tech solution.
Worst scenario pinnacle new terms are here to stay. (Worst scenario even for pinnacle not only for us)
barnstorm
Has experience

Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:23 pm

Yes, I think Betting Syndicates or other such operations may be causing pain for the Books.

What would you do if you were Pinny, or any book?
Sharper odds?
Faster line movement?
Smaller limits?
Become an Exchange and just do matched bets only?
kapetan1122
To become a Pro
To become a ProTo become a ProTo become a Pro

Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:03 pm

What is different if 100 guys place same bet by hand or by bots,pinnacle move their odds instantly after every bet so if you do this in matter of minutes or 10 seconds its the same,i dont see how bots can exploit this or arbing between sharps its same thing if bot did it or me manually so again pinn will get same amount of money/action if its done manually or by bots but bots are more efficient and no need for work power for big players.
bimmerpost2008
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:04 pm

barnstorm wrote: Yes, I think Betting Syndicates or other such operations may be causing pain for the Books.

What would you do if you were Pinny, or any book?
Sharper odds?
Faster line movement?
Smaller limits?
Become an Exchange and just do matched bets only?
i always asked myself why doesnt pinnacle become an exchange to compete with bet(un)fair with their premium charge and in some countries commission of 6.5%.
risilloch
Has experience

Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:07 pm

This behaviour is no different from soft bookmakers limiting sharp bettors.

Both moves are designed to protect the bookmaker from winning customers.

I am aware of one bot arbing with Pinnacle and another sharp so there will likely be others

I am guessing that in some of these cases the bot has a long term winning account.

And it is only these accounts which will have the new T&Cs applied.

If you have a bot but the account is not winning long term then i suspect the new T&Cs will not be applied.
kapetan1122
To become a Pro
To become a ProTo become a ProTo become a Pro

Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:57 pm

One of my friend get this answer today regarding some other things related to API:

Thank you for contacting us.

Please take note that we aren’t offering our API to the general public for the foreseeable future.

Please understand that this is a move for Pinnacle as a business, as we look to venture into offering our API system now known as Pinnacle Solution.

Should you be interested in gaining access to our API for commercial purposes, please contact b2b@pinnaclesolution.com.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused, and we thank you for being a customer here at Pinnacle.

Return to “Bookies discussion”