BetBurger | Live and Pre-game surebets
RebelBetting - Turn betting into investing

WilliamHill (Closing accounts and confiscating money)

Share ideas and experience on bookmakers. Search before starting any account
CaptainKirk

WilliamHill (Closing accounts and confiscating money)

Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:58 pm

As this is my first post, I'd like to apologize for the "bad news", however as it seems WilliamHill is closing down accounts or simple not letting you verify your account to withdraw funds with either Neteller or Skrill. They want to see your credit card or bank account number that deposited to your Skrill/Neteller account which isn't possible.
(Even if you do deposit to your Skrill/Neteller account now with your credit card it won't help as it wasn't done at the first deposit)

I'm unsure if only our country is effected by this, but I would like to give you a heads up to treat them with caution, they've been amazing up until the start of 2019 but right now they're acting like a small bookie and asking for millions of pictures even though you've sent like 10 different HD selfies.
On top of that, they don't want to pay you out on your bank account so that's another huge blow, I'm unsure on what happened with them but I do hope they'll get some sense in them soon.

If anyone has any kind of experience with this I would love to hear some solutions. (I won't be telling which country publicly, however we don't really have a problem with finances)
apoel81
Pro
ProProProPro

Re: WilliamHill (Closing accounts and confiscating money)

Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:57 pm

What country are you from?
GStyle
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:25 am

Dont tell as specific number, tell as around. How much money you had in your accs? stakes on bets? this is the first time that happens to you ?
Wolfie
Totally Pro
Totally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally Pro

Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:36 am

CaptainKirk wrote:
If anyone has any kind of experience with this I would love to hear some solutions. (I won't be telling which country publicly, however we don't really have a problem with finances)
If you do not tell the specifics of the situation, than how can someone find a solution ?
You should tell:
1.Country
2.What does support ask for and what reason gives for asking it.
3.What kind of sharp action you did bots, manual value betting or just arbing ?
4.How many digits account balance ?
Skaggerak
Pro
ProProProPro

Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:19 pm

See my previous thread about WilliamHill stating that they no longer accept Skrill in the UK, they are indeed up to strange going ons.
lokomotiv

Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:54 am

happen to same as well, limited tennis bets because they realize i win, very sad to see williamhill doing this to uk costumers. :(

skrill also no more operating in williamhill
DPG
Has experience
Has experienceHas experience

Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:26 am

William Hill tennis traders are hopeless. I found William Hill and Ladbrokes are particularly clueless when it comes to Tennis.

Thank you.
Bubbles
To become a Pro
To become a ProTo become a ProTo become a Pro

Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:43 am

WH is officially focusing on online side of the business, which for us is a bad news as it means more scrutiny to eliminate sharp action and increase profits. They’re bleeding  with the shares trading close to 50% below where they were last April and with with FOBT restrictions coming they’re in the process of closing 900 (!) shops. Hence the acquisition of Mr Green and focus on online business with intention to sharpen their odds just a little bit (not to scare their mugs) and certainly be more vigilant towards smart action. From what you write that’s what happens.

With Ladbrokes I stopped being bovvered years ago.
arbusers
Administrator
AdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministrator

Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:38 pm

I m adding to your analysis WHs focus on the US.
Wolfie
Totally Pro
Totally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally Pro

Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:43 pm

Arbusers wrote: I m adding to your analysis WHs focus on the US.
They found America for the second time. It is a monopoly party for the moment.
kl
klopp1

Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:18 am

Bubbles wrote:
WH is officially focusing on online side of the business, which for us is a bad news as it means more scrutiny to eliminate sharp action and increase profits. They’re bleeding  with the shares trading close to 50% below where they were last April and with with FOBT restrictions coming they’re in the process of closing 900 (!) shops. Hence the acquisition of Mr Green and focus on online business with intention to sharpen their odds just a little bit (not to scare their mugs) and certainly be more vigilant towards smart action. From what you write that’s what happens.

With Ladbrokes I stopped being bovvered years ago.
you must have a hotline to the william hill chairman Bubbles to be so knowledgable about their future tactics regarding sharp bettors?
of course you do not and it's just that you are a worried guy, the stuff about them focusing on their online business and their drop in share price you have read like everyone else online but the bit you add about sharp bettors you just made up!

I belive this "for us bad news"comment is not one of fact but more that you are scared that it will come true and that you are scared that you will lose a bookmaker you have profited from so much and continue to profit from but easy to make a scaremongering negative statement
as you don't want too many arbers using your favourite bookmaker.
Last edited by klopp1 on Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bubbles
To become a Pro

Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:38 am

klopp1 wrote: the bit you add about sharp bettors you just made up!

I belive this "for us bad news"comment is not one of fact but more that you are scared that it will come true
It is coming true. That is exactly what this thread is about.
kl
klopp1

Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:44 am

Bubbles wrote:

I belive this "for us bad news"comment is not one of fact but more that you are scared that it will come true
nothing lasts forever and you've had a good run with this bookmaker but you are no fortune teller and can only guess and worry
about the future using william hill but us new guys don't want to hear all this negative stuff, we want a slice of this pie even if guys like
you don't want to share.

out of the many thousands of members on here less than a handful (2) have posted in agreement with captain kirk's original post
so as you correctly say is what the thread is about suggests you Bubbles are grossly exaggerating and scaremongering in a futile
attempt to protect your favourite bookmaker from other arbers.
Last edited by klopp1 on Fri Feb 01, 2019 7:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bubbles
To become a Pro

Fri Feb 01, 2019 4:53 pm

klopp1 wrote:
Bubbles wrote:

nothing lasts forever and you've had a good run with this bookmaker but you are no fortune teller and can only guess and worry
about the future using william hill but us new guys don't want to hear all this negative stuff, we want a slice of this pie even if guys like
you don't want to share.

out of the many thousands of members on here less than a handful (2) have posted in agreement with captain kirk's original post
so as you correctly say is what the thread is about suggests you Bubbles are grossly exaggerating and scaremongering in a futile
attempt to protect your favourite bookmaker from other arbers.
:o ...I see you can't be deceived.
vinciguerra
Has experience
Has experienceHas experience

Fri Feb 01, 2019 4:55 pm

klopp1 wrote: scaremongering in a futile attempt to protect your favourite bookmaker from other arbers.
william hill and favourite bookmaker in one sentence.  hmm ..

Return to “Bookies discussion”