BetBurger | Live and Pre-game surebets
RebelBetting - Turn betting into investing

Software arb built from scratch

Exchange ideas and share info about all alert services.
asdqwerty
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Software arb built from scratch

Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:14 am

Does someone has a custom software arb built with a programmer?
How much money have you invested in it?

Is it profitable? I guess programmers are expensive.(?!)
barbero
To become a Pro
To become a ProTo become a ProTo become a Pro

Re: Software arb built from scratch

Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:19 pm

I do. I have spent a lot of money and effort. Now there's some profits, but not enough to compensate for the investment. It hasn't turned out well for me but maybe a different approach can be more profitable.
asdqwerty
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Mon Jan 28, 2019 1:40 pm

What was ur approach?
And what would you change?

I find a guy on a freelancing website that says he has experience but he is asking 3-4 k for the first version with 4 bookmakers and 1x2, Over/Under and AsianHandicap combos.

I think is it too much, or not?
TheJog87
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:04 pm

Uff , 4 books and 3 markets? That can do it yourself without too much experience of programming. 
thenewguy
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:06 pm

Be carefull with computer programmers, they promise everything but usually deliver shit with many bugs and never working like it should. And fixing after you paid is even bigger shit. I avoid them like the plague after getting fcked few times  :)
barbero
To become a Pro

Mon Jan 28, 2019 4:28 pm

Very wise words by thenewguy. It's usually very difficult to get done what you want done, in the time you want it, with the budget agreed and working properly. It's very difficult to find serious developers who will deliver in time and quality promised.

If you want to do something small, it can be done. But if you're looking to do a big project it's almost impossible to estimate times correctly (take what they tell you and multiply it by 4 to get a more accurate estimation) and price... well, it depends on your deal but get ready to spend more money than expected.
arbasian
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:13 am

I am a professional programmer, and as a hobby I write some Arbing bots on the side. My latest project is investigating live arbs between pinnacle and Betfair. I integrated the bot without paying for the whole Betfair API. Too expensive for a research bot. There is potential in this, and a long way to go.

From my experience, it is not easy to cheaply cover all corner cases of arb software, especially if you also want to have bets placed by the bot.

My suggestion is to learn the programming language, get someone to do the first iteration of your bot, and then take it over yourself. You will be paying for the ground work like provider integration, and setting all up. You will then take care of evolving your ideas and implement the expensive tweaking.

If you are here outsmarting bookmakers, it should not be difficult to learn a programming language.
asdqwerty
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:28 am

barbero wrote: Very wise words by thenewguy. It's usually very difficult to get done what you want done, in the time you want it, with the budget agreed and working properly. It's very difficult to find serious developers who will deliver in time and quality promised.

If you want to do something small, it can be done. But if you're looking to do a big project it's almost impossible to estimate times correctly (take what they tell you and multiply it by 4 to get a more accurate estimation) and price... well, it depends on your deal but get ready to spend more money than expected.
I assume doings things like rebelbetting requires a whole team of programmers and other guys. So, if you want something big , of course you need to invest big. How big did you go??
dejancg
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Sat Feb 02, 2019 5:19 pm

arbasian wrote: I am a professional programmer, and as a hobby I write some Arbing bots on the side. My latest project is investigating live arbs between pinnacle and Betfair. I integrated the bot without paying for the whole Betfair API. Too expensive for a research bot. There is potential in this, and a long way to go.

From my experience, it is not easy to cheaply cover all corner cases of arb software, especially if you also want to have bets placed by the bot.

My suggestion is to learn the programming language, get someone to do the first iteration of your bot, and then take it over yourself. You will be paying for the ground work like provider integration, and setting all up. You will then take care of evolving your ideas and implement the expensive tweaking.

If you are here outsmarting bookmakers, it should not be difficult to learn a programming language.
Also, have you considered how much would you be prepared to invest in this and what kind of solution would you like to get your hands on?
djordjeno
Has experience
Has experienceHas experience

Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:24 pm

my 5 cents to this topic.

1. Need a senior software developer to wrote decent arbing solution.
2. Arbing bussiness is constantly changing.
3. Like in a stock trading, when you dealing with money, errors are expensive.
4. Bookmakers constantly monitoring and changing sites and rules.
5, Thats why is every arbitrage software "expensive". Behind product are at least few developers who are full time employed in writing scrappers and fixing odds feeds.

I wrote my own solution for arbing for more then 10 years, but at least 8 hours (one ED) per week is need for tuning.

Of course there is compensation for that.
Some arbirtage opportunities are not detected by any know commercial arbitrage solutions.
asdqwerty
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Fri Apr 12, 2019 6:13 am

@djordeno, I wish you have had replied in January to this post. You are so right about point 1 (and 2,3,4,5 :) ), you need a senior developer. I started in January with a guy that barely knew english from freelancer.com and after three months i had some application barely working(arbs not seen, arbs that were totally wrong etc) and after one week it's completely shut down and developer not responding anymore. Now i'm trying to mediate via freelancer this project in order to recover some money.

Does any of you knows a good programmer? One that can also be trusted?
arbusers
Administrator
AdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministrator

Fri Apr 12, 2019 6:36 am

I have to disappoint you here, but if there was one good at it, he might be hired by the alert services on a permanent basis. I believe you are looking for diamonds in the shits. They do exist but hard to find.
ArbMate
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:11 am

asdqwerty wrote: What was ur approach?
And what would you change?

I find a guy on a freelancing website that says he has experience but he is asking 3-4 k for the first version with 4 bookmakers and 1x2, Over/Under and AsianHandicap combos.

I think is it too much, or not?

It could sound like I am pushing everyone to use the public arb services instead of creating their own but if 3-4k sounds too much for most of you I should say that 3-4k for one month is a normal cost just to discuss the project with a developer and start building it. For 3-4k we can't even talk for a demo arb service or bot. If a freelancer promises you such thing I would bet that you will be disappointed for sure with the end result. As djordjeno has mentioned arb business is always changing. It could take you a month only to bypass the security of Bet365 to start scanning it ... You don't know what you're up against until you start dealing with it. It is not enough only to have a skilled developer. Arbitrage "stuff" is very tricky and complicated and you could see the reaction of a very skilled developer when you start explaining him the handicaps, what is arbitrage, which market should be scanned and how and etc. My advice is instead of starting from scratch and spend more than 50k (for example) euros for an own demo arb service with limited functionalities and bookmakers and etc to discuss a price with some of the already existing arb services that are leading on the market for some custom and private product. They know how much time it will take, how much it will cost and they are skilled and for sure it will be a much cheaper option for you. ArbMate is not dealing with such custom solutions so don't get this as an advertisement for our services. This is just advice as we are also in this business and we know the cost. Cheers!
Last edited by ArbMate on Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
https://www.arbmate.com - Build your own set with bookmakers for surebets.
dejancg
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:25 am

Alert software is a complex one and there is no way a good one could be made in three months. Even though I consider myself a skilled developer, "battle hardened" in years of developing enterprise software, but also someone who understands this particular industry, I must admit making an arb software from scratch is no easy feat. I've started working on my own solution somewhere in november last year, and I am yet to even consider it being 30% done. Although admittedly this is not something of a priority for me, because there is the regular job, the family, the social life, a day is only 24 hours long. I'm satisfied if I spend some 10 hours per week working on this project. So you could say I consider it something of a hobby.
barbero
To become a Pro

Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:53 am

Have to agree with ArbMate there.

Return to “General talk about alert services”