BetBurger | Live and Pre-game surebets
RebelBetting - Turn betting into investing

Software arb built from scratch

Exchange ideas and share info about all alert services.
ArbMate
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Re: Software arb built from scratch

Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:16 am

barbero wrote: Have to agree with ArbMate there.
Thanks :) I forgot to mention that people with custom software should always have a developer around to support this product as bookies are updating their security each day and are changing the layout very often. Of course, you could use a free odds feed of the bookies (if they provide such) but it would be too slow. It all depends on your needs.
Last edited by ArbMate on Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
https://www.arbmate.com - Build your own set with bookmakers for surebets.
vinciguerra
Has experience
Has experienceHas experience

Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:22 am

ArbMate wrote: My advice is instead of starting from scratch and spend more than 50k (for example) euros for an own demo arb service with limited functionalities and bookmakers and etc to discuss a price with some of the already existing arb services that are leading on the market for some custom and private product. They know how much time it will take, how much it will cost and they are skilled and for sure it will be a much cheaper option for you.
yeah, discussing your private requirements (and unique niches) with a commercial arb service sounds like a great idea.
asdqwerty
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:54 am

vinciguerra wrote:
ArbMate wrote: My advice is instead of starting from scratch and spend more than 50k (for example) euros for an own demo arb service with limited functionalities and bookmakers and etc to discuss a price with some of the already existing arb services that are leading on the market for some custom and private product. They know how much time it will take, how much it will cost and they are skilled and for sure it will be a much cheaper option for you.
yeah, discussing your private requirements (and unique niches) with a commercial arb service sounds like a great idea.
Not so great idea if you have your unique combos ;). You give them your unique ideas.
jagas
To become a Pro
To become a ProTo become a ProTo become a Pro

Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:51 am

Arb mate, i was wondering, can you guys built the customize auto bettor. It is like when the software alerts, it automatically goes to the specific website, find the matching odds and then place the bets automatically as long as the odds and match are as alerted.

Can you do this for individuals and lets discuss amount?
Lordharut
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:07 am

Hello Jagas,

I have done it, contact me and I will provide more info, also I can prove that Im professional software engineer
kl
klopp1

Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:17 am

Lordharut wrote: Hello Jagas,

I have done it, contact me and I will provide more info, also I can prove that Im professional software engineer
I am of the opinions that live arbing is like chess, I mean you can build a supercomputer to play chess but the greatest chess players still wins.
I am thinking live arbing is similar that in fast moving/thinking live arbing the human brain is best and although technology can be big help you should not expect techologys to do everything, a combination of boths is best but to rely solely on technology is lazy and a mistake.

and yes listen to arbmate guy, he has very goods arb finding service, bests i use.
Last edited by klopp1 on Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lordharut
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:36 am

hello Klop

I never expected to be the greatest  player :), arbing is never ending... but things are changing... and the human brain of curse is awesome, but we only have one and we can't use it 24h for arbing. Also human factor is sometimes disturbing.
dejancg
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:43 am

Here's hoping that you won't develop anything that would automate arbing for 24 hours, 7 days per week. Because that's exactly the kind of behavior which makes it harder for the rest of us. For reference, see:
phpBB [video]

if you catch my drift.
arbusers
Administrator
AdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministrator

Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:46 am

Any bot operating for more than 8 hours per day and in more than 3 different markets is condemned to die. We ve seen the trap of February 2018 when many locusts went out of business drifting with them a number of genuine smart bettors that will never recover.
barbero
To become a Pro
To become a ProTo become a ProTo become a Pro

Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:56 pm

Very nice video tom... impressive and scary!

klopp, just to clarify: best chess players stand no chance against supercomputers :)
kl
klopp1

Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:10 am

barbero wrote: Very nice video tom... impressive and scary!

klopp, just to clarify: best chess players stand no chance against supercomputers :)
ok wise guy, was just using chess to make a point humans being is better than computer in some cases.
also there is no such things as locusts in this job, just jealous peoples and some more greedy but making
as much as you can, while you can? whats the problem?
Last edited by klopp1 on Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
risilloch
Has experience

Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:25 am

vinciguerra wrote:
You could approach an alert service to see if they would provide a data feed - you woudn't have to reveal your strategies.

This means you would not have to develop the hardest part of a solution which is scraping the website and constantly updating when the bookmakers change it eg William Hill recently changed their website and it f*cked up my implementation for a while.

You can then concentrate on designing your database schema and implementing your detection logic.

Unless you are experienced, or can use an experienced intermediary, in the software industry you should expect costly disappointments. Using Indian freelancers is very cheap but overcoming the culture and language barriers has many challenges and costs.

Also, you have to be very precise in the language you are using when specifying what it it you want. These guys need to be told exactly and completely what it is you want and you need to define exactly and completely what it is you want. Any omissions or ambiguities and you will be opening your self up to disappointment.

eg
  Freelancer : Here is what you asked for.
  Arber : But that isn't what i need.
  Freelancer : But it is what you asked for. Bye, bye.
vinciguerra
Has experience

Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:30 am

risilloch wrote: You could approach an alert service to see if they would provide a data feed - you woudn't have to reveal your strategies.
unless of course the bookmaker you use or the markets you need in that data feed are in fact an important part of your niche.
AlexNotman1
Pro
ProProProPro

Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:51 pm

I would be careful when someone say that he can write a bot. Payed for one before and this wasn't difficult stuff for sure. Payed cause friend of mine got a good friend who was doing programming stuff as professional. Allright then I thought, price was like a bargain so I decided to have a go. After few hours explaining what I expect him to do I was already tired. Finally job was done but testing was another nightmare, I found out that it isn't easy at all to explain someone what EXACTLY has to be done and even if you manage to do this there is no guarantee it's gonna be done exactly how you want your bot to looks like and as we all know in this industry details matters a lot. What I didn't realize was bookies change a lot of stuff from time to time so you may have a bot which works for some time only and asking this guy to adjust it every few weeks was annoying as well.

So from my experience and from what I read is if you find someone who will deliver exactly what you want (I don't even talk about delays, if you've been told it's gonna take - let's say - a month, you can easily double this time) you may call yourself extremely lucky.
Lordharut
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:19 pm

sure it's so hard to work with someone who don't know nothing about arbing, even if he is the best freelancer.
I'm in arbing business from 2014 and yes there were so good times , also now is good too but if you have some experience. I can't even imagine how hard it can be if I start arbing in 2019!!
Maybe we are finding another solutions because we love to do this, we love to challenge bookies, anyway we are not wellcome in so much bookmakers, so we will try to do our best!

About that "scary video", you can be sure that if arbing still exist is because of people who use their imagination for creat new ways of take profit, of course we are saying : software for arbitrage, but how much logic can have that software it depends of how much time you wasted to learn and creat new bridges ;)

Return to “General talk about alert services”