BetBurger | Live and Pre-game surebets
RebelBetting - Turn betting into investing

Software arb built from scratch

Exchange ideas and share info about all alert services.
djordjeno
Has experience
Has experienceHas experience

Re: Software arb built from scratch

Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:49 am

Win win situation, like in arb bussiness, is that you try to find solid developer with solid experience in sports betting.

Write a decent arbitrage solution with automated bot and money management is not trivial stuff. Especially today when arbs gone with in an seconds.
Most of today developers work on software that not have much in common with arbitrage bussiness. Also scraping data from bookie website is some sort of hacking.

At the other hand, if you have experienced software developer with good knowledge of sports betting, that can be risky.
Because you as arber give full specification what bot must do and than there is no obligation or guarantee that developer can not use it by himself.
dejancg
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:27 am

@djordjeno,

you probably wanted to say that it's a double edged sword, but yeah, in a hypothetical situation where I'd create an automated solution based on your preference, I think it's natural that I also try the method you described, provided I like it, dobri moj djordje :)

But bear in mind that an arbers who are also good at software development, most likely already have their automated arbing solution created or in process of creating.
kefalas68
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:05 pm

tomkruiz wrote: @djordjeno,

you probably wanted to say that it's a double edged sword, but yeah, in a hypothetical situation where I'd create an automated solution based on your preference, I think it's natural that I also try the method you described, provided I like it, dobri moj djordje :)

But bear in mind that an arbers who are also good at software development, most likely already have their automated arbing solution created or in process of creating.
After having spent a lot of money/time/effort on a live Vbetting bot project i ended up losing all of them. Not only i didnt get the bot delivered but last guy i tried to work with ( i paid him a mid 4figure ammount ) ended up telling me that not only he wanted to be paid the full ammount we agreed ( which would be the fair and obvious solution ) but also keep a high percentage of any profit that bot would produce....
After being fed up with all these s...t i decided to just find an already made solution close to my thoughts and just follow it.
So anyone knows for a working live vbet automation that works and i could rent/use? I would be so grateful
risilloch
Has experience
Has experienceHas experience

Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:02 pm

kefalas68 wrote: .. but also keep a high percentage of any profit that bot would produce....
Where was this f*cker from?
If i was into value betting i'd stake Russia or one of their satellites
kefalas68
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:06 pm

risilloch wrote:
kefalas68 wrote: .. but also keep a high percentage of any profit that bot would produce....
And we have a winner! ( Georgia actually )
dejancg
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:05 am

risilloch wrote:
A douchebag is a douchebag, no matter where they are from.
SuperSquirrel
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:11 am

djordjeno wrote: my 5 cents to this topic.

1. Need a senior software developer to wrote decent arbing solution.
2. Arbing bussiness is constantly changing.
3. Like in a stock trading, when you dealing with money, errors are expensive.
4. Bookmakers constantly monitoring and changing sites and rules.
5, Thats why is every arbitrage software "expensive". Behind product are at least few developers who are full time employed in writing scrappers and fixing odds feeds.

I wrote my own solution for arbing for more then 10 years, but at least 8 hours (one ED) per week is need for tuning.

Of course there is compensation for that.
Some arbirtage opportunities are not detected by any know commercial arbitrage solutions.

I can completely agree with all of that. I've been arbing for a few years now and realise that arbing is only valuable when there is a market inefficiency. Such inefficiencies are always a priority for bookmakers (traders) to fix - otherwise, they are just giving away value when they don't need to!

But, as the game changes, so do the requirement to build the latest software. It's an ever-changing game.
asdqertyforgotmyemail
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:01 pm

Hi arb guys,

2nd try
Just wanted to share an update on my journey to create a software arb built from scratch(my 1st post wasn't approved by arbusers admin, why?)

Long story short, found a guy that did some initial work in early 2019, started to almost recover initial invest, but Covid appeared. Lost the first guy, found another guy during pandemic that took over the project and done improvements, even if  we were on pandemic life, but he was asking twice much as he did in April now to continue this project.. (is it worthy? we shall see..)
I'll try this for 6 months, but with smth deliverable each month. Otherwise, i need to find a new one :)

Cheers,

ps: betting is now recovering, we need to move fast, the 'old' ones, and make profit from new opportunities ;)
campeones
To become a Pro
To become a ProTo become a ProTo become a Pro

Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:41 am

asdqertyforgotmyemail wrote: (my 1st post wasn't approved by arbusers admin, why?)
I am very much surprised that they allowed this post really.
What confidence do you expect to build when your username is asdqertyforgotmyemail?
Are you serious?

And how do you expect this community to trust you, when you change 'guys', I suppose you mean programmers, faster than what you change underwears?
asdqertyforgotmyemail
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:58 pm

@campeones, pls check the first post made by me in this thread and you will get the whole picture ;)..(asdqwerty..)

I know we should not trust people on the internet ;), but this forum is intended to be for arb players. Not everyone knows about this forum(still a niche forum arbusers, still.. ) ;)

ps: before commenting, at least read the entire thread
Last edited by asdqertyforgotmyemail on Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
asdqertyforgotmyemail
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:15 pm

ArbMate wrote:
asdqwerty wrote: What was ur approach?
And what would you change?

I find a guy on a freelancing website that says he has experience but he is asking 3-4 k for the first version with 4 bookmakers and 1x2, Over/Under and AsianHandicap combos.

I think is it too much, or not?

It could sound like I am pushing everyone to use the public arb services instead of creating their own but if 3-4k sounds too much for most of you I should say that 3-4k for one month is a normal cost just to discuss the project with a developer and start building it. For 3-4k we can't even talk for a demo arb service or bot. If a freelancer promises you such thing I would bet that you will be disappointed for sure with the end result. As djordjeno has mentioned arb business is always changing. It could take you a month only to bypass the security of Bet365 to start scanning it ... You don't know what you're up against until you start dealing with it. It is not enough only to have a skilled developer. Arbitrage "stuff" is very tricky and complicated and you could see the reaction of a very skilled developer when you start explaining him the handicaps, what is arbitrage, which market should be scanned and how and etc. My advice is instead of starting from scratch and spend more than 50k (for example) euros for an own demo arb service with limited functionalities and bookmakers and etc to discuss a price with some of the already existing arb services that are leading on the market for some custom and private product. They know how much time it will take, how much it will cost and they are skilled and for sure it will be a much cheaper option for you. ArbMate is not dealing with such custom solutions so don't get this as an advertisement for our services. This is just advice as we are also in this business and we know the cost. Cheers!
:), nice sales team from ArbMate.
Once you have created the engine that delivers arbs to one user, you can reuse the project to sell to other users, so cut he crap... Yeah, if you wan't a project for yourself, you will pay 3-4k, but if you are a group like you, arbmate, costs are less..

Idea is that if you have some secret combo's and if you find the right guy, 4k's invested will bring you profit.  But small chance to find the right guy ..
Mamba333
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:29 pm

asdqertyforgotmyemail wrote: Hi arb guys,

2nd try
Just wanted to share an update on my journey to create a software arb built from scratch(my 1st post wasn't approved by arbusers admin, why?)

Long story short, found a guy that did some initial work in early 2019, started to almost recover initial invest, but Covid appeared. Lost the first guy, found another guy during pandemic that took over the project and done improvements, even if  we were on pandemic life, but he was asking twice much as he did in April now to continue this project.. (is it worthy? we shall see..)
I'll try this for 6 months, but with smth deliverable each month. Otherwise, i need to find a new one :)

Cheers,

ps: betting is now recovering, we need to move fast, the 'old' ones, and make profit from new opportunities ;)
for what bookmaker do you need?
arbusers
Administrator
AdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministrator

Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:34 am

Why do you have to keep 2 active profiles to post in this forum? I m thinking to delete your new one.
asdqertyforgotmyemail
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Thu Oct 01, 2020 5:33 pm

arbusers wrote: Why do you have to keep 2 active profiles to post in this forum? I m thinking to delete your new one.
you can delete asdqwerty as i lost password.
asdqertyforgotmyemail
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Thu Oct 01, 2020 5:38 pm

campeones wrote: I am very much surprised that they allowed this post really.
What confidence do you expect to build when your username is asdqertyforgotmyemail?
Are you serious?

And how do you expect this community to trust you, when you change 'guys', I suppose you mean programmers, faster than what you change underwears?
My 2 cents on this, you, campeones, are a programmer..

Anyway, i don't care what  your username is  or other usernames, i just watch the posts that a user makes on the entire arb forum in order to know if the user in question knows this business. You have like 200 posts on this forum, and many of them tell me that you still have to learn.

Cheers!

Return to “General talk about alert services”