Betfair ban without returning the money

Info about betting exchanges.
profitfella
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Betfair ban without returning the money

Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:25 am

Hello everyone!

During the past 2-3 days I try to solve out the issue that occurred with betfair exchange. I will try to explain it in details and I hope a solution can be found to this.

I had an account in Betfair since ~ 2011 (can't remember precisely) but ended using it about 3 years ago. That account wasn't premium charge payer. In fact, I used it very rare. About two weeks ago I tried to login in my old account but without any success as I have lost my password from betfair and email which was linked to this betfair account. So I opened a new account (my mistake, I admit that) on betfair, deposited some money in it and traded a bit. After few days and lots of tries I finally managed to recover my old account and decided to use the old one instead. As the new one wasn't verified and there were funds on it, I contacted the support, and they advised me to verify the new account and only then they will be able to withdraw the funds. Ok, I sent the documents and then the new account got suspended. After long sessions with the support, they just manually transferred the money from my new account to the old one. Meanwhile, I deposited some money with Skrill and credit card to the old account. And after a few hours, old account was suspended. I had to go through the verification. Well, ok. Sent the documents and after a day received an email that my account has been closed forever without any explanation. Ok, I understood that most likely it is due to the fact that I had 2 accounts and there was a lot of mess with that and I violated the terms & conditions. But the surprise came when I realized that they returned only part of my deposit - which was deposited with the card. Skrill deposit and money from the new account that was transferred is still there. I asked what I have to do to get the money that was deposited with skrill and the only thing I get from the support (both live chat and twitter) is this: "Unfortunately this is not possible my apologies. As mentioned above, you the last deposit would be returned to you."

Ok, I can understand a lifetime ban (even though I think it is a bit too harsh as I wrote them myself and was not cheating with premium charges or something like that) but I can't understand the refusal to withdraw my money. Not the profits from trading but just my deposit. Is there something that can be done with it? Because they can't even explain it.

Sorry for such a large description.
dealer wins
Totally Pro
Totally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally Pro

Re: Betfair ban without returning the money

Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:00 am

I would raise a formal complaint.  They must think you were trying to cheat them out of a new customer offer/bonus.  But once you contacted them and explained it should be a simple matter of closing one of the accounts, and putting the funds in the one to remain open.  They have IDed you so I cant see why they would want to ban you, let alone steal your money.
Never trust a goose!!!
profitfella
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Re: Betfair ban without returning the money

Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:47 pm

I would raise a formal complaint.  They must think you were trying to cheat them out of a new customer offer/bonus.  But once you contacted them and explained it should be a simple matter of closing one of the accounts, and putting the funds in the one to remain open.  They have IDed you so I cant see why they would want to ban you, let alone steal your money.
Well, did that and got the same response. They do not plan to return the deposit and the profits. So any other ideas on how to solve this?

Return to “Exchanges”