RebelBetting - Turn betting into investing

Horse Races

Make bookmakers cash cow machines
davidda
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Horse Races

Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:48 pm

Hello everyone, I'm pretty new in this world but for last few months I am looking on exchange and I'm interested in trading on the exchange. I don't like gambling but betting is different, I'm more interested in that "sure bets". I've found something interesting and I think that I can make some profit, but, I need someone experienced to tell me the advantages and disadvantages. I will explain what I think.

I use geeks toy and looking at bet365 pre-race prices. On every race I see odd on bet365 on some horse is 4.5(back bet) and the same horse I can lay on Betfair via geeks toy at price of 2.4(lay bet). Using matched bet calculator on team profit site I see that if I place 10eur on bet365 and lay on Betfair 19.15eur I will have a profit of 8.19eur. In case that I pick a favourite horse who will probably win, I will win at bet365 and if that continues they will limit me fast, so I pick a non-favourite horse and make a profit on exchange and lose at bet365. Everybody happy, bet365 won 10 eur, Betfair has 5% commission on winning and I have a small profit of 8.19eur. If I repeat this few times a day I will make for e.g. 30eur a day and it's good for me since I'm new in this.

What do you think about it? will it work for long term (I'm talking about bets of 10 20 eur per race)? Can someone who has experience with trading/betting give me some advice in which way to go and on what to look. It will be very helpful for me :)
Bubbles
To become a Pro
To become a ProTo become a ProTo become a Pro

Re: Horse Races

Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:50 pm

It won’t work long time cause B365, or in fact any other bookmaker, will limit you for exploiting their soft lines in horses faster than in any other sport.
davidda
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:58 pm

Thank you for an answer. But why they will limit me if I, in most cases, will lose on b365 (backing on b365 just to be secured and lock profit) and on small stakes?
Bubbles
To become a Pro

Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:56 am

By constantly hitting their soft lines in the long term you will be winning and they will be losing money.
dealer wins
Totally Pro
Totally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally Pro

Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:58 am

This forum does attract some numpties lol
Never trust a goose!!!
kl
klopp1

Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:00 am

dealer wins wrote: This forum does attract some numpties lol
what is a numpite? these are not good words i believe? everbody has to start at the very bottom and rise to your level of greatness dealerwins,

I say good luck davidda, i think if you bet in these small stakes you mention and your goal is to win 30 euros per day then if you are smart guy? and not a numpite then you will achieve this easily.
arber_PL
To become a Pro

Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:11 am

klopp1 wrote:
dealer wins wrote: This forum does attract some numpties lol
what is a numpite? these are not good words i believe? everbody has to start at the very bottom and rise to your level of greatness dealerwins,

I say good luck davidda, i think if you bet in these small stakes you mention and your goal is to win 30 euros per day then if you are smart guy? and not a numpite then you will achieve this easily.
And I think he will be limited fast.
arbusers
Administrator
AdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministrator

Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:17 am

Maybe it worths experimenting a little with lower stakes like those mentioning by davidda. There should be some lower stakes that Bet365 would not care about. Bet365's behaviour against players is at first limiting their accounts to 1% of initial limits, even like this some people still continue making money.
There are many races offered and that means there is ground for profit.
kl
klopp1

Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:30 am

Arbusers wrote: Maybe it worths experimenting a little with lower stakes like those mentioning by davidda. There should be some lower stakes that Bet365 would not care about. Bet365's behaviour against players is at first limiting their accounts to 1% of initial limits, even like this some people still continue making money.
There are many races offered and that means there is ground for profit.
exactly, he ony wants to make 30 euros a day, these 3 guys who post negative replies all have made many posts, they experienced guys
but rather make fun of the guy and ridicule instead of helping, why can't  help?  to make 30 euros per day from 1% bet365 account is not so difficult, maybe 30 euros per day makes his life much better? mr dealer wins hang your head in shame.
davidda
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:35 am

Thank you for answers, I really appreciate it. Definitely, I will start and I will post results after first month :)
Bubbles
To become a Pro

Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:08 pm

Three ppl take their time to give honest answers to completely basic questions by a newbie, kindly and without referring him to reading the forum first where these questions were discussed a hundred times - and they are being criticized for it...

@ davidda. Good luck with your project, I’m sure you will make some money, but as you were asking if it’s sustainable long-term, it’s not. 30 eur might not look like much, but it’s almost 1000 a month. If it were that easy, it would be free money for everyone, ppl with friends would keep dozens of accounts to make it XX k/ a month and so on, and we haven’t even mentioned bots yet. It would be happy times indeed!
Wolfie
Totally Pro

Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:56 pm

davidda wrote: Hello everyone, I'm pretty new in this world but for last few months I am looking on exchange and I'm interested in trading on the exchange. I don't like gambling but betting is different, I'm more interested in that "sure bets". I've found something interesting and I think that I can make some profit, but, I need someone experienced to tell me the advantages and disadvantages. I will explain what I think.

I use geeks toy and looking at bet365 pre-race prices. On every race I see odd on bet365 on some horse is 4.5(back bet) and the same horse I can lay on Betfair via geeks toy at price of 2.4(lay bet). Using matched bet calculator on team profit site I see that if I place 10eur on bet365 and lay on Betfair 19.15eur I will have a profit of 8.19eur. In case that I pick a favourite horse who will probably win, I will win at bet365 and if that continues they will limit me fast, so I pick a non-favourite horse and make a profit on exchange and lose at bet365. Everybody happy, bet365 won 10 eur, Betfair has 5% commission on winning and I have a small profit of 8.19eur. If I repeat this few times a day I will make for e.g. 30eur a day and it's good for me since I'm new in this.

What do you think about it? will it work for long term (I'm talking about bets of 10 20 eur per race)? Can someone who has experience with trading/betting give me some advice in which way to go and on what to look. It will be very helpful for me :)
Welcome,
I think you should attack them harder than 10-20 euros as long as you are not limited. After 1% limit you can play bet max but only round numbers in my opinion.
Bet365 is the most profitable bookmaker and even after limitation there can be 30 euro days, but not a 900 euro month.
I like the fact that you started with horse racing since not everybody is focused there. Keep up the good work !
Bubbles
To become a Pro

Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:11 pm

Wolfie wrote: I like the fact that you started with horse racing since not everybody is focused there.
I think in terms of his account longevity it’s the worst decision. There’s no other sport where limits come as fast as with horses. I would recommend exploiting high limit sports first, and than, only after being limited anyway make some extra cash betting small time on horses if it’s worth his while. This way he’d be able to exploit the full potential of his account.
Wolfie
Totally Pro

Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:16 pm

Bubbles wrote: I think in terms of his account longevity it’s the worst decision. There’s no other sport where limits come as fast as with horses. I would recommend exploiting high limit sports first, and than, only after being limited anyway make some extra cash betting small time on horses if it’s worth his while. This way he’d be able to exploit the full potential of his account.
I did not mean it in terms of account longevity but the fact that he is a thinking type of person and not just find an alert system and do what everybody else does.
TheJog87
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:00 pm

Forget fixed odds for horse racing, it's a fleeting business and you would need a large infrastructure of accounts. Longevity like you said, goes with tote odds, exchanges, and of course exchanges of tote's rebates...if you get to be profitable enough. 

Return to “Arbing, matched betting and trading talk”