How important is Betfair Exchange?

Ask anything about smart gambling
KillemAll_AA
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

How important is Betfair Exchange?

Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:01 am

Hello everyone,

I am prematch arbing for the last 3 months using about 6-7 soft books and Pinnacle. During this time I haven't used Betfair Exchange at all which makes me think that I am doing something wrong. I am using BetBurger and I don't usually find arbs between Betfair Exchange and the books.

My main question is: Does Betfair Exchange involves a bit of trading or you can do simply arbing using it?
Is it more valuable for live arbing than prematch arbing?

Thank you in advance
jagas
To become a Pro
To become a ProTo become a ProTo become a Pro

Re: How important is Betfair Exchange?

Sat Feb 16, 2019 11:20 am

I will tell you that i did that in the beginning but with time you will find out that betfair give you atleast 1 percent more on what you are supposed to get. That is if you are not using the 5 or 6 percent commission, 2.5 is ideal.
DPG
Has experience
Has experienceHas experience

Sat Feb 16, 2019 11:33 am

Commission is too high on betfair exchange at 5%. Some countries are charged 7.5%, that's just daft. You should use one of the other exchanges as they are all far cheaper. Betdaq 2%, Smarkets 2%, one of the betfair clones; 9wickets, orbit, betkeen, mountbet.

Thank you.
dealer wins
Totally Pro
Totally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally Pro

Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:01 pm

I am using BF less and less, in fact im on the lowest discount rate ive had for 13 years at the moment.  Betdaq 0%, matchbook etc has been brilliant I just wish they could get the same liquidity Betfair have.  Saying that BFs liquidity has been dropping massively over the last 2 years!

Add to that I have a hatred of Betfairs horrible greed, gross incompetence and general shitness I hope this trend continues!!
Never trust a goose!!!
KillemAll_AA
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:39 pm

Thanks for the replies guys.

I would like to ask, even with the lower commission of the competitors, is prematch arbing possible? or a bit of trading is involved using these exchanges?
jagas
To become a Pro

Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:38 pm

KillemAll_AA wrote: Thanks for the replies guys.

I would like to ask, even with the lower commission of the competitors, is prematch arbing possible? or a bit of trading is involved using these exchanges?

Prematch bet between exchange and Asians is not possible, or is very rare but with soft, you will have alot.
arbetour
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:46 pm

dealer wins wrote: I am using BF less and less, in fact im on the lowest discount rate ive had for 13 years at the moment.  Betdaq 0%, matchbook etc has been brilliant I just wish they could get the same liquidity Betfair have.  Saying that BFs liquidity has been dropping massively over the last 2 years!

Add to that I have a hatred of Betfairs horrible greed, gross incompetence and general shitness I hope this trend continues!!
Would you trust the clones with big stakes (+£10k)? 
jagas
To become a Pro

Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:09 pm

arbetour wrote:
dealer wins wrote: I am using BF less and less, in fact im on the lowest discount rate ive had for 13 years at the moment.  Betdaq 0%, matchbook etc has been brilliant I just wish they could get the same liquidity Betfair have.  Saying that BFs liquidity has been dropping massively over the last 2 years!

Would you trust the clones with big stakes (+£10k)?

Go throught Agents
Yngwie
Pro
ProProProPro

Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:06 pm

Betfair is great. It's very essential for arbitrage in my opinion specially if you're trading live since the bet confirmation time is much lesser when compared to asians' danger zone.
Dentz
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:55 am

I was wondering how Betfair is positioned if hard Brexit will happen? I have little worries about my balance on Betfair. Should I withdraw and check how things are going? In case of hard Brexit all winnings are under taxes if Betfair isin't EU / EFTA bookie anymore.
Last edited by Dentz on Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Never lose your capital.
ArberPro
Has experience

Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:48 am

They will surely be EU bookie , they have licences in many EU countries and they paid big money for that. Maybe you will have some delays , thats all.
Dentz
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:03 am

Yes, I was little bit hasty with my last post.
They are licensed to Malta as I should have guessed if wasn't so hurry  ;D
Never lose your capital.
blizard
Has experience

Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:21 am

Ι am not expert on this, mostly trading and a bit value betting with betfair and 6-7 bookies ,  but for me beftair is a must because more than 95% of the times betfair is involved.

and in some tennis or big  euroleague games  i get  very big  value in live ,
MrG
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:33 pm

blizard wrote: Ι am not expert on this, mostly trading and a bit value betting with betfair and 6-7 bookies ,  but for me beftair is a must because more than 95% of the times betfair is involved.

May I ask how you find the value in live in Betfair? I've been using betburger live arbing for a long time, but the arbs that appear seem very low, rarely above 2%
jagas
To become a Pro

Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:26 am

MrG wrote:
blizard wrote: Ι am not expert on this, mostly trading and a bit value betting with betfair and 6-7 bookies ,  but for me beftair is a must because more than 95% of the times betfair is involved.

May I ask how you find the value in live in Betfair? I've been using betburger live arbing for a long time, but the arbs that appear seem very low, rarely above 2%

I can tell you that you are doing something wrong, except you are comparing betfair with asians then that is thee case but if you are comparing it with soft bookies, you can find as much as 8 percent sometimes. Atleast 2 to 3 times per day.

Return to “Newbie's questions”