Pinnacle margin

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Pinnacle margin  (Read 1228 times)
AlexNotman1
Becoming a Pro

View Profile

AlexNotman1

Pinnacle margin
« on: February 21, 2019, 06:38:44 PM »

Is Pinnacle margin divided equally on 1 x 2? From what I see it's not but then how to calculate where's more and where's less?
tomkruiz
Gaining experience

View Profile

tomkruiz

Re: Pinnacle margin
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2019, 07:04:54 PM »

Someone also claimed that it's not equally divided, but that doesn't make sense to me. Because that would mean they also gamble, as there is no way to know the outcome in advance. So why would bookies risk their profit by not dividing it equally between outcomes?
AlexNotman1
Becoming a Pro

View Profile

AlexNotman1

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2019, 07:07:02 PM »

From what I read I understand that they put lower margin on lower odds where they got high volume and higher chance to land this outcome. For now I wait for an answer from someone more experienced that I am. Also I read that they can put higher margin on high odds cause much less people are interested of them.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2019, 07:10:16 PM by AlexNotman1 » Logged
tomkruiz
Gaining experience

View Profile

tomkruiz

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2019, 07:17:10 PM »

Should that be the case, there would be no way for us to calculate the correct margin. Because there is no way to know about the volume of placed bets. I am still learning about this though so any information from a professional would be of high value.
middler
Has experience

View Profile

middler

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2019, 10:39:16 PM »

https://www.pinnacle.com/en/betting-articles/Betting-Strategy/explaining-favourite-longshot-bias/VUN2U32R85PPF4YP
Chipmunk
Gaining experience

View Profile

Chipmunk

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2019, 11:02:42 AM »

Should that be the case, there would be no way for us to calculate the correct margin. Because there is no way to know about the volume of placed bets. I am still learning about this though so any information from a professional would be of high value.

You've got a pretty huge sample of past bets, it shouldn't be difficult to derive the formula.

Cut your sample into say 20 bins, calculate the yield, trendline in excel vs the bin midpoints.
Pages: [1]
Print