RebelBetting - Turn betting into investing

Pinnacle margin

Ask anything about smart gambling
AlexNotman1
Pro
ProProProPro

Pinnacle margin

Thu Feb 21, 2019 6:38 pm

Is Pinnacle margin divided equally on 1 x 2? From what I see it's not but then how to calculate where's more and where's less?
dejancg
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Re: Pinnacle margin

Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:04 pm

Someone also claimed that it's not equally divided, but that doesn't make sense to me. Because that would mean they also gamble, as there is no way to know the outcome in advance. So why would bookies risk their profit by not dividing it equally between outcomes?
AlexNotman1
Pro
ProProProPro

Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:07 pm

From what I read I understand that they put lower margin on lower odds where they got high volume and higher chance to land this outcome. For now I wait for an answer from someone more experienced that I am. Also I read that they can put higher margin on high odds cause much less people are interested of them.
Last edited by AlexNotman1 on Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dejancg
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:17 pm

Should that be the case, there would be no way for us to calculate the correct margin. Because there is no way to know about the volume of placed bets. I am still learning about this though so any information from a professional would be of high value.
Chipmunk
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:02 am

tomkruiz wrote: Should that be the case, there would be no way for us to calculate the correct margin. Because there is no way to know about the volume of placed bets. I am still learning about this though so any information from a professional would be of high value.
You've got a pretty huge sample of past bets, it shouldn't be difficult to derive the formula.

Cut your sample into say 20 bins, calculate the yield, trendline in excel vs the bin midpoints.

Return to “Newbie's questions”