RebelBetting - Turn betting into investing

SKRILL strange behaviour

Exchange ideas and share info about all e-wallets
ratioxz
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

SKRILL strange behaviour

Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:58 pm

I have skrill account for long time,not used it that much last months.I was traveling from one EU to other EU country and made low ammount withdraw from ATM and few internet low ammount internet purchases using their physical mastercard.Same day I received this email from them:

"Your account has been temporarily restricted pending review.

Please contact us for further assistance.

If you feel you have received this email in error, please contact Skrill Support immediately.
Best Regards,
Skrill"

Several days later I tryed to use my physical mastercard for low ammount purchase on the internet and it went smoothly through.So I thought email was sent by error and not reacted.Month later I received this message from skrill

Your Skrill Prepaid Mastercard® is cancelled.

Your card can no longer be used for payments.

If you did not request this, please contact the Skrill Help Team .

Best Regards,
Skrill

So I contacted them what is the problem with my account and informed that I was in other EU country and authorised myself some transactions so they should not worry if they see any suspicious transactions about my account or card security.And now got this answer:

"Thank you for contacting the Skrill Help Team.

Please be kindly informed that due to its nature, the account is now pending closure. We would advise you to withdraw the remaining funds to a bank account of yours and open a new account through our website.
Depending on your purpose of use, you may open a personal or a business account with us.

We hope you'd find this information useful.

Kind regards,
Boryana
Skrill Help Team"

So what is wrong and why they want me to open new account?Could this step trigger security alert and they could say I am multiaccounting?Also why they offer me business type account type if I was only using it for personal purposes and it can clearly be seen on made transactions?Does someone had such issue previously?
arbusers
Administrator
AdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministrator

Re: SKRILL strange behaviour

Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:50 pm

It is advisable that you inform them before you travel abroad and use your card no matter if it is within the EU our outside. Tell them the country and the dates that you are travelling.
Their advise to close the existing account and start a new one is indeed strange.
If the account is referred by arbusers we can ask for more info.

Return to “General talk about e-wallets”