RebelBetting - Turn betting into investing

Cloudbet withdrawal?

Share ideas and experience on bookmakers. Search before starting any account
MrG
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Cloudbet withdrawal?

Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:29 am

I made a deposit of bitcoin to cloudbet several months ago but couldnt place any bets so i asked if i could withdraw my bitcoin and they said thats fine, but first i need to provide ID.

The problem is I live in the UK, where Cloudbet is not allowed. I'm not sure its just not allowed to use the website from the UK, or if residents of the UK are not allowed.

I'm worried they may refuse to pay out my funds because of this. What should i do?

if someone cane advise me it would be much appreciated.
Last edited by MrG on Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
kapetan1122
To become a Pro
To become a ProTo become a ProTo become a Pro

Re: Cloudbet withdrawal?

Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:55 am

MrG wrote: I made a deposit of bitcoin to cloudbet several months ago but couldnt place any bets so i asked if i could withdraw my bitcoin and they said thats fine, but first i need to provide ID.

The problem is I live in the UK, where Cloudbet is not allowed. I'm not sure its just not allowed to use the website from the UK, or if residents of the UK are not allowed.

I'm worried they may refuse to pay out my funds because of this. What should i do?

if someone cane advise me it would be much appreciated.
They dont care,if they dont have in their T&C that they dont accept UK you dont need to worry about it,send them ID and they ll pay you out.
MrG
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:32 pm

But they do say in their terms that they dont accept registrations from resident sin countries where bitcoin gambling is not legal, and its not legal in the UK from what i know so far, although there may seem to be some grey areas here
barbero
To become a Pro
To become a ProTo become a ProTo become a Pro

Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:02 pm

But since they did allow you to register in the first place, and I guess you used your UK address, then they should pay.

Otherwise it's a complete scam: I allow UK users to register but then I won't pay when they ask a withdrawal, on the sole basis that they are from the UK. Come on...

If the latter is the case, I'd say your best option would be to threaten to defame them and to pursue legal action, which of course they may not even care :-\

But not sending your ID once they've asked for it is not an option I think... as they simply won't pay you until you send it.
Littletroll1
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:21 pm

You don't use an address to sign up, as it's a bitcoin bookmaker.

OP: What choice do you have? You'll just have to withdraw and hope for the best. I've heard many bad things about Cloudbet, so don't be too hopeful.
MrG
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Wed May 01, 2019 9:57 am

They didn't ask for address in the sign up process, and i Used VPN because when accessing the site from UK IP it said "players from this jurisdiction are not allowed"

I emailed them about this at the time, and they would not confirm if they accept players from the uk or not, all they said is if i receive that message on sign up, then i am not permitted to join.

Someone said to me to just use a VPN, because i could say i was on holiday when i signed up, that it's probably the case that they just don't allow access from UK IP. Maybe i can try lose it into another bookie by betting it, but then i risk more money ending up as bitcoin that cant be withdrawn. 
dealer wins
Totally Pro
Totally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally Pro

Wed May 01, 2019 10:30 am

MrG wrote: Maybe i can try lose it into another bookie by betting it, but then i risk more money ending up as bitcoin that cant be withdrawn.
If you want to do this, just place the bet at the other book/exchange and hope it wins. Dont risk increasing funds at CB that you can never withdraw, just take your chances with money that you can have should you win.

Better still dont even think about gambling unless you can handle losing, because you most probably will!
Never trust a goose!!!
MrG
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Wed May 01, 2019 10:52 am

Which all adds up to - leave the money in CB and just keep it there and don't do anything ;D

I think i'll send in ID after all, I can always dispute it as it was never clear on sign up (when signing up from abroad) and never asked what country I am resident in, so maybe ill be lucky..

Return to “Bookies discussion”