Some impressions and questions

Bet On Sports and Win Every Time
LazyBird
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Some impressions and questions

Tue Apr 30, 2019 5:07 pm

Hi all,

I decided last week to try RebelBetting, having for quite a while been focusing on live trading via BetBurger. I tried ValueBetting first but since it didn't have some of the features I would have liked I moved to the Arbing platform which is what I'm currently using. First off, I think the platform has a great tidy interface, enough customization features (being able to have several different groups of bookmaker filters would be great though), and a good selection of bookmakers. Not to mention the in app browser auto navigation. There's usually some issue, such as the event not being found, not being logged in automatically, page not loading at all but I still feel like it has made the process of bet placement faster which is good.

Some observations I've made with regards to the arb detection for different bookies I've listed below, and I'd love to hear whether other people are seeing this and any tips for improvement. I haven't been using the software very long and while I've been through the various options screens many times who knows, I may have missed something that's causing this performance.

Firstly, 365 coverage at a glance appears to be outstanding, but it's almost ALL soccer! I've found the platform isn't detecting many of the ricks out there on other sports which BetBurger is seeing.

WilliamHill. Almost non existent.

Ladbrokes. A little better, but again soccer is the main performer.

Bwin. Pretty good, but again almost entirely soccer. I just took 30 seconds to check BetBurger right now for active pre match arbs with Bwin vs other bookmakers offered by RB too and I can see tennis, soccer, basketball and badminton on the first short list alone.

I won't go on and list every bookmaker I'm currently using because this trend pretty much continues. I should also note that on BetBurger I'm only comparing my selected bookmakers with a short list of bookmakers which are either generally sharp or sharp on certain sports and still receiving so much more content than on RebelBetting.

In order to maximize arb opportunities I've set up RebelBetting as follows.

All bookmakers selected for arb calculation.
Value above 1% and below 50%.
All sports checked. All markets checked.
Reliability low or better.
Mixed tennis rules checked.
Middles -1%

I like the software from a UI and feature perspective but I'm really not seeing strong arb scanning capabilities, at least for the bookmakers I've used so far. I would find it a little more acceptable if it was missing arbs but still had a nice mix of high/low grade events, markets and sports. But it's all soccer. Days and days of asian handicap soccer better on Z league matches is not going be a good look for any account!

Can anyone offer any advice? Are the things I've said known limitations with the bookies I've mentioned? Are there any options I've missed which I could enable to increase coverage?

Return to “RebelBetting”