RebelBetting - Turn betting into investing

Betfair - Premium Charge

Info about betting exchanges.
Shawn2k
Has experience
Has experienceHas experience

Re: Betfair - Premium Charge

Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:30 am

About this rule for Premium Charge: Any single win that constitutes more than 50% of your gross profits over the lifetime of your account will be excluded from the calculation.

Let's say you're account is up 10k lifetime and you've just started to pay Premium Charge. If you in example lay a bet for a little bit above 10k in this spot with 2,00 odds, you get a 50\50 shot being in zero profit lifetime. Obviously you can change stake\odds, but is it a possibility?

Upside: If the bet lose at Betfair the account in this example are around zero in lifetime profit\loss, and you can continue betting without being afraid of Premium Charge, at least for a while..

Downside: If you win the bet at Betfair, you're up 20k lifetime, but you don't pay Premium Charge of this bet since it's above 50% of your winnings lifetime(?) - But obviously you might never use the account again, since if you continue using it, and you suddenly win more and this bet becomes under 50% of your winnings lifetime, you get a BIG(!) charge....

Anyway; You're not breaking any rules etc doing this? It could be a "last shot" of keeping your account out of Premium Charge?

....But I'm not sure if potential winnings actually get charged here - I don't trust the rules, even if I've read them many times...  ::)
Last edited by Shawn2k on Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
pythonic
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:38 am

The bet size should be more like 5-6k.
And you should do it while you are not paying PC, because potential winnings would be excluded from the calculation of your lifetime PL/commission ratio, but that doesnt mean that you don't have to pay PC on that bet if you are already a PC payer.
But if you are currently not paying PC then that could work.
Shawn2k
Has experience
Has experienceHas experience

Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:10 am

pythonic wrote: The bet size should be more like 5-6k.
And you should do it while you are not paying PC, because potential winnings would be excluded from the calculation of your lifetime PL/commission ratio, but that doesnt mean that you don't have to pay PC on that bet if you are already a PC payer.
But if you are currently not paying PC then that could work.
Why 5-6k? Then it's beneath 50%?

About the other stuff; I agree - This is actually what I ask about. The question is; Do this count if you already pay PC?

You can find this sentence in their rules: Please note that any single market win that constitutes more than 50% of your lifetime gross profits will be excluded from all calculations.

If the question is NO, then it may be a opportunity.
Last edited by Shawn2k on Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
pythonic
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Thu Sep 05, 2019 2:59 pm

About the size of the bet: You could make a bet that would reduce your total gross winnings so that total commission payed represents more than 20% of your total gross profit IF the bet loses.
However if it wins then you would have to pay PC on your weekly profit including the profit from that bet. This last part should be true regardless of the size of the bet if you are currently in PC territory because a winning bet would never reduce your pl/commission ratio, even if it represents more than your previous total profit and would therefore be excluded from the PC calculations.

But if you are already paying PC then I don't see how one big bet would help you. You could as well continue arbing and hope that the befair legs of your arbs lose a lot so that you are soon out of PC territory again.

Return to “Exchanges”