Matchbook accounts locked in Asian Connect

World-leading sports brokers for smart punters.
ricardo_trader

Matchbook accounts locked in Asian Connect

Wed May 29, 2019 7:18 pm

Hello.
I have Matchbook account, with broker asianconnect. I'm user to 4 years. Today, i try make login in my account and appear 1 message saying that my account it's locked. I contacted asianconnect, and they said that have technical problem... after i received this email from them

"We regret to inform you that your matchbook account is currently inaccessible, we would like to let you know that we are still coordinating this matter with matchbook. Apologies that we do not have exact time frame when it will be back. We will be glad to give you an update once feedback is at hand."

In chat they said that's a general problem to all users that matchbook to asiaconnect... My question is... message "account locked"?
Sinceraly, i don't like what happening, and i don't have good feeling about this... New 21bet coming?
Calcedoine83

Re: Matchbook accounts locked in Asian Connect

Thu May 30, 2019 9:38 am

Hi,

same thing for me my account is still blocked.
asianconnect answered me this :
"Kindly know that it is not because of your geographical location.
Do not worry as your funds is safe, you will not lose it.
This matter is being coordinated already.
Let us just wait for the problem to be fix on Upline's end.
Our sincere apologies for the trouble caused."
I don't know if it reassures me...
zyz
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Thu May 30, 2019 10:49 am

Same story here...
vinciguerra
Has experience
Has experienceHas experience

Thu May 30, 2019 2:11 pm

check your mail. accounts will be closed, open bets settled, funds returned
arbusers
Administrator
AdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministrator

Fri May 31, 2019 6:27 am

We have a statement from AsianConnect in regards to the locked Matchbook accounts:

''Matchbook required us to send the documents of our customers with matchbook account. In line with this, we have decided to closed all matchbook accounts as we value our customers' privacy and we assure all of them that all their personal information will not be disclosed to any third parties.''

In addition, here is the e-mail sent from Matchbook to AsianConnect in regards to this situation:

''Following a compliance review of your account, I am writing to inform you that we shall require you to disclose to us the details of all of the individuals placing bets using the accounts in your name, in order that these accounts adhere to our current regulatory standards.
You will be aware that Matchbook does not accept customers who are minors, nor does it accept customers located in a number of regulated and/or prohibited jurisdictions, and in order that we can verify these matters we must now receive due diligence documentation (ID document such as a passport, and a recent Address document such as a bank statement or utility bill) in respect of all individual users of the accounts made available by you.
We apologise if these changes are burdensome, but you will appreciate that we must follow these measures to meet our current regulatory obligations.
If you are unable to provide us with the due diligence documentation, or if the documentation provided does not establish that the bettor is permitted to gamble with Matchbook then we shall have to close each non-compliant account. We further reserve the right to make further enquiries and collect additional documents relating to the relevant individuals in order to carry out other checks, including but not limited to source of wealth and source of funds checks.
Please note that unverified accounts shall be suspended at 9am UK time on 29 May 2019, and it will not be possible to place any bets on these accounts, and if bets are placed, we reserve the right to cancel the bets and return the stake to you.
Matched bets which are settled before 11.59pm UK time on 14 June 2019 shall be graded and settled in the usual way; Matched bets which are due to be settled after this time shall be automatically settled as a winning bet. Payment to you of any winnings from these bets, along with any remaining balance in your account shall be made to you as soon as practicable – please get in contact with me to discuss further.''

It remains to be seen what happens to the Matchbook accounts offered by other Agents.
arbusers
Administrator
AdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministrator

Fri May 31, 2019 2:28 pm

As there is no indication that other agents are facing the same problem, I m wondering whether the action coming from AcianConnect is that sharp that made Matchbook stop accepting it.
Just a thought.
kustef
To become a Pro
To become a ProTo become a ProTo become a Pro

Fri May 31, 2019 6:16 pm

Matchbook maybe missing the point of agent accounts?
pythonic
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Fri May 31, 2019 6:53 pm

Consistent with their recent steps to penalize winning players.
zyz
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Fri May 31, 2019 11:45 pm

For a small open bet i cannot withdraw or move my current balance. Great !
Wolfie
Totally Pro
Totally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally Pro

Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:17 am

arbusers wrote: As there is no indication that other agents are facing the same problem, I m wondering whether the action coming from AcianConnect is that sharp that made Matchbook stop accepting it.
Just a thought.
There are rumors that in other side of a trade there are the exchange traders and not just customers. This is done with the purpose to rise liquidity and at the same time maximize profits for the exchange. This could be true, otherwise it wouldn't make sense for an exchange to take measures against sharp players.
Last edited by Wolfie on Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Alfa1234
Totally Pro
Totally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally Pro

Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:55 am

Wolfie wrote:
arbusers wrote: As there is no indication that other agents are facing the same problem, I m wondering whether the action coming from AcianConnect is that sharp that made Matchbook stop accepting it.
Just a thought.
There are rumors that in other side of a trade there are the exchange traders and not just customers. This is done with the purpose to rise liquidity and at the same time maximize profits for the exchange. This could be true, otherwise it wouldn't make sense for an exchange to take measures against sharp players.
Nothing "rumor" about it.  It's fact. Every exchange does that otherwise there would be 0 liquidity. 
pythonic
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Sun Jun 02, 2019 5:40 pm

Alfa1234 wrote:

Nothing "rumor" about it.  It's fact. Every exchange does that otherwise there would be 0 liquidity. 
Smarkets and Matchbook definitely have their own in-house liquidity providers and protect them with a range of methods, like kicking out or raising fees for consistent winners.
I see them more as bookies rather than true exchanges.
Betfair and betdaq invite external market makers with open APIs. They may or may not trade in their own exchanges, but they definitely have external market makers and I have never heared from betfair that they void bets when some market maker complains.
They just charge every long term winner with a (high) percentage of their respective net profits.

Return to “AsianConnect88”