RebelBetting - Turn betting into investing

The future of betting

Info about betting exchanges.
Wolfie
Totally Pro
Totally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally Pro

The future of betting

Sat Jun 01, 2019 11:57 am

Usually all threads are for solving a problem but i decided to add some juice.
Betting exchanges were considered the future. The idea of decentralized betting is very cool and promising but has till now proved very difficult at least in exchanges: Big fish trying to centralize. Rise of fees. No multiples betting, which is very bad for attracting average bettors. Sharps are far better in this.
I am curious to see what is the future of betting. I am aware of some blockchain projects but none of them promising enough to scale.
If someone knows some promising project or has an idea of what the future of betting should be, please share.
dealer wins
Totally Pro

Re: The future of betting

Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:06 pm

I think bots will play a bigger and bigger role, especially in secondary exchanges, which kind of makes them useless really as all they become is clones of betfair with slightly worse odds..

Also there will always be mug punters, which the bookies crave and go out of their way to keep, but the volume of sharps is increasing (not intelligent sharps, but profit accumulator sharps etc) which again eats into bookie profits.

Rather than manage their odds better soft books will just limit even faster, and with markets becoming more and more efficient  arbs become harder and harder to the point of not worth the effort for anyone but the top pros.
Never trust a goose!!!
Wolfie
Totally Pro

Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:01 am

We have seen artificial intelligence being better than humans in many statistical fields. If an AI is made to beat the odds that would be the end of smart gambling.
I don't see decentralized betting as a thing in the next five years. So exchanges will continue to be just a bunch of sharks.
Maybe sharps(like pinnacle) will flourish even more ? And softs will continue to centralize under few umbrellas ? And no meaningful changes in betting world ?
djordjeno
Has experience
Has experienceHas experience

Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:20 pm

Wolfie wrote: We have seen artificial intelligence being better than humans in many statistical fields. If an AI is made to beat the odds that would be the end of smart gambling.
I don't see decentralized betting as a thing in the next five years. So exchanges will continue to be just a bunch of sharks.
Maybe sharps(like pinnacle) will flourish even more ? And softs will continue to centralize under few umbrellas ? And no meaningful changes in betting world ?
More or less is true, but keep in mind that also sharps are bots.
So this fight AI vs AI.
gamblehappier
Pro
ProProProPro

Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:12 pm

AI vs Ai will be for sure.But i believe that mug bettors will also play role.And there are a lot of them.And their number will increase,as they move from shops to online betting year after year.

So we will see MUGS VS AI especially to lower categories.In top leagues odds cannot move.

Also we should not forget that people manipulate and fix matches.So arbs and valuebets will last forever.But overall AI will decrease the chances.Experienced and smart players will survive.
Believe to yourself is the secret to success.

Return to “Exchanges”