Pinnacle API

Share ideas and experience on bookmakers. Search before starting any account
GrayGreen
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Pinnacle API

Sun Jan 08, 2023 8:45 pm

Hey guys,

Just wanted to ask, since Pinnacle no longer supports APIs to regular customers, where do you get your feed from?

Many thanks,
Goojybooboo
Has experience
Has experienceHas experience

Pinnacle API

Mon Jan 09, 2023 8:48 am

Could someone explain why Pinnacle's API is so much important? Why do we need this API when we already have Pinnacle's odds scanned by alert services like BetBurger and BetOnValue?
Thank you.
L
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Pinnacle API

Mon Jan 09, 2023 3:22 pm

I can think of many reasons:

1. all alert services (correct me if I am wrong here) get their Pinnacle odds feed from third parties (I believe they get it from PS3838?) and not directly from Pinnacle API. Those secondary APIs proved to be inaccurate some times and thus may create false arbs/value bets.

2. If you have access to Pinnacle API then besides getting their odds feed you can also place bets programmatically which can give you significant edge in terms of speed.

3. Alert services don't scan all events and all markets so by using Pinnacle API you can find some exclusive arbs/value bets.

4. You can get a lot more data from Pinnacle API than alert services will show you, e.g. liquidity which can be very important when deciding if market is sharp.

5. You can use Pinnacle API to automatically grade your bets for analytics purposes.
arbusers
Administrator
AdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministrator

Pinnacle API

Mon Jan 09, 2023 8:55 pm

L wrote: 1. all alert services (correct me if I am wrong here) get their Pinnacle odds feed from third parties (I believe they get it from PS3838?) and not directly from Pinnacle API. Those secondary APIs proved to be inaccurate some times and thus may create false arbs/value bets.
What makes you think they use PS3838 and not the real thing directly (Pinnacle)?
L
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Pinnacle API

Tue Jan 10, 2023 4:12 pm

arbusers wrote:
L wrote: 1. all alert services (correct me if I am wrong here) get their Pinnacle odds feed from third parties (I believe they get it from PS3838?) and not directly from Pinnacle API. Those secondary APIs proved to be inaccurate some times and thus may create false arbs/value bets.
What makes you think they use PS3838 and not the real thing directly (Pinnacle)?
I remember betburger once said that they don't get odds feed directly from Pinnacle API but instead use PS3838 API. They didn't state the reason for that but I think it just saves them a lot of money because as we know Pinnacle's direct API costs 5k euro per month. If leading alert service cannot afford Pinnacle's direct  API I assume other alert services can't either. I stand to be corrected if this is wrong and someone knows better.
arbusers
Administrator

Pinnacle API

Tue Jan 10, 2023 11:23 pm

I believe many alert services afford to buy the original API from Pinnacle.
But the question is, is Pinnacle ready to sell it to these services? I seriously doubt.
And in the end, maybe the only thing needed to have their API for free, might be an active account. But I am sure they (Pinnacle) already know how to stop it.

A very interesting article on what is going on with Pinnacle lately: portal/last-man-standing-pinnacle/
Wolfie
Totally Pro
Totally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally Pro

Re: Pinnacle API

Wed Jan 11, 2023 12:21 pm

Its very easy to know if u are using api for big business purpose by the number of requests you send to the api. I think they are reselling pinnacle odds by selling their api and that is not allowed. So it would be best if this posts were removed including mine. But maybe im wrong and there is nothing to worry about.
bigtuna
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Pinnacle API

Wed Jan 11, 2023 4:15 pm

Agree that this post should be taken down
neopas
Pro
ProProProPro

Pinnacle API

Wed Jan 11, 2023 10:28 pm

Maybe we have a business opportunity here. Would it be legal for a company to simply scrap the odds from Pinnacle and then sell the API in the open market? The demand is so big that I m sure the cost would be affordable, even comparable to what we now pay in BetBurger, BetOnValue etc.
L
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Pinnacle API

Thu Jan 12, 2023 10:52 pm

It's definitely illegal but also technically impossible. On their site Pinnacle refreshes their odds once every 21 sec for live and 70 sec for pre-match so it would be nowhere near as quick as their API which refreshes at 5 sec rate. Also scraping sites is very unreliable because often times the odds can stop refreshing either because of site glitch or as their defense measure against scraping.
Meise
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Pinnacle API

Fri Jan 13, 2023 2:10 pm

I just want to comment on this (not the first time I see this erroneous statement on Arbusers' forum):

"Pinnacle no longer supports APIs to regular customers"

This is not true. As a regular customer, I used Pinnacle's API for all my betting until September 2021*. Now it is possible that new customers were not allowed to use the API (I don't know for sure), but it was still supported for established customers as long as the betting volume was adequate and the API was used responsibly.

*The reason why it stopped in September has nothing to do with the API; Pinnacle recently ceased operating in my country.
neopas
Pro
ProProProPro

Pinnacle API

Fri Jan 13, 2023 10:41 pm

Meise wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:24 pm
I just want to comment on this (not the first time I see this erroneous statement on Arbusers' forum):

"Pinnacle no longer supports APIs to regular customers"

This is not true. As a regular customer, I used Pinnacle's API for all my betting until September 2021*. Now it is possible that new customers were not allowed to use the API (I don't know for sure), but it was still supported for established customers as long as the betting volume was adequate and the API was used responsibly.

*The reason why it stopped in September has nothing to do with the API; Pinnacle recently ceased operating in my country.
Thank you for this excellent comment.
I m a very old customer of Pinnacle and I m wondering how can I get the API. Can you help with this?
Thank you.
Meise
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Pinnacle API

Sat Jan 14, 2023 10:57 am

neopas wrote:
Wed Nov 03, 2021 5:41 am

Thank you for this excellent comment.
I m a very old customer of Pinnacle and I m wondering how can I get the API. Can you help with this?
Thank you.
Sorry for not replying earlier, I don't visit the site that often.
To answer your question, you do not have to ask anything to "get the API". It's automatically available to you as a Pinnacle customer. You only need to have a sufficient betting volume and to not overburden the service with too many queries (as indicated in the Terms and Conditions) but otherwise you should have access to the API as long as you fulfill these conditions.

Also, just to be clear in case you don't have programming experience, it's not really something that you "get", it's a service that you can access programmatically (i.e., you have to be able to do some minimal coding to access the API service, to get odds, place bets, etc...). Pinnacle provides a manual online and there is even an API package written in R to help you get started (I haven't used it personally - I know R but I use a different programming language for my needs).
arbusers
Administrator

Sat Jan 14, 2023 3:14 pm

Meise wrote:
Mon Nov 08, 2021 8:16 am
You only need to have a sufficient betting volume
What would that volume be?
tango
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Sat Jan 14, 2023 10:09 pm

Pinnacle measures data transfer for each user accessing the API. The most demanding calls that contribute almost 99% to the overall data usage are the functions that retrieve fixtures and prices. To minimize data consumption, they provide "delta" versions of these functions, meaning that you can retrieve only what has changed since your last call instead of pulling all the data all the time.

The lowest rate for using the delta versions of these calls is 5 seconds. Pinnacle will only say that API usage must be proportionate to betting volumes without indicating these proportions. Empirically, data from hundreds of users accessing the Pinnacle API through smartbet.io suggest that a 30 secs refresh rate would be safe for a 30-40k EUR monthly turnover. To go all the way down to 5 secs, you would need substantially more, maybe 300k or more.
https://www.smartbet.io - founder, lead programmer

Return to “Bookies discussion”