RebelBetting - Turn betting into investing

Betfairs new commission offer

Info about betting exchanges.
Skaggerak
Pro
ProProProPro

Betfairs new commission offer

Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:30 pm

A positive new development for Betfair, I opened my account the other day to find a choice of 3 options for my account. 2 of the options include cashback options and freebets, with the third option being a flat 2% rate of commission.

Just as my action was moving heavily to Smarkets Betfair make this strong move. Has anyone else been offered these choices?
pythonic
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Re: Betfairs new commission offer

Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:20 am

Yes. Seems to be the new standard at betfair. I am at 2% flat for several months now.
Shawn2k
Has experience
Has experienceHas experience

Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:36 am

pythonic wrote: Yes. Seems to be the new standard at betfair. I am at 2% flat for several months now.
How did you get this offer?
chrisgr1984
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:59 am

I have a flat fixed 2% commision for around 2 years now in betfair. 2 years ago they informed me that I should terminate one of my 2 accounts. I had 2 different currency account for years but they told me i should choose 1 of them. So after I complained that I needed both for my arbing purposes and some excuses like that and they came back to me giving me 2% fixed commission
pythonic
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:57 am

Shawn2k wrote: How did you get this offer?
I was invited by betfair.
Shawn2k
Has experience

Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:52 pm

The two other options, was they close to the same value as the 2% flat offer? I've not seen these myself, but I guess 2% flat would be the best pick for a player with a certain volume?
DPG
Has experience

Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:04 pm

You're lucky if you get 2% offer. My personal betfair account has to pay 20% - 22.5% commission because of premium charge.
Shawn2k
Has experience

Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:11 pm

DPG wrote: You're lucky if you get 2% offer. My personal betfair account has to pay 20% - 22.5% commission because of premium charge.
True, but there is a reason you're paying such high fees... ;) Not saying I support Premium Charge, but paying it at least tells us that you're winning quite big.

...but Premium Charge is of net winnings lifetime, so you don't pay commission in the bad periods, am I right?
DPG
Has experience

Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:31 pm

You don't need to be a big winner to have to pay the premium charge because they calculate it by using lifetime profit figures. If you've had an account for many years and win a little bit consistently you end up caught in the net. I read somewhere the profit figure can be as low as £5000 if you don't generate enough commission for them. They are too greedy for their own good and must have lost custom and goodwill as a result.

You don't pay it on losing weeks but only on winning weeks to keep the total charges at 20%. It can work out to as much as 22.5%.
DPG
Has experience

Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:48 pm

Trusted agents are the way forward to use Betfair to avoid these charges.
pythonic
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:02 pm

Shawn2k wrote: The two other options, was they close to the same value as the 2% flat offer? I've not seen these myself, but I guess 2% flat would be the best pick for a player with a certain volume?
The other options are useless for serious players, bonus gimmicks + high commission. But 2% commission is good.
avex

Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:57 pm

Skaggerak wrote: A positive new development for Betfair, I opened my account the other day to find a choice of 3 options for my account. 2 of the options include cashback options and freebets, with the third option being a flat 2% rate of commission.

Just as my action was moving heavily to Smarkets Betfair make this strong move. Has anyone else been offered these choices?

Hi Guys

I mainly just Back Bet on Betfair just as a recreational mug punter, my commission is 5% and am thinking of getting into arbing, could someone explain to me how this 2% commission works and is this offered privately to arbers only? like I have been betting with Betfair for years but they have never offered the discount, so I am assuming its not offered to your standard punter who bets on Betfair but must arbers only?
dealer wins
Totally Pro
Totally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally Pro

Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:29 am

avex wrote: Hi Guys

I mainly just Back Bet on Betfair just as a recreational mug punter, my commission is 5% and am thinking of getting into arbing, could someone explain to me how this 2% commission works and is this offered privately to arbers only? like I have been betting with Betfair for years but they have never offered the discount, so I am assuming its not offered to your standard punter who bets on Betfair but must arbers only?
I believe they have rolled it out to all users (In the UK at least) now.

I am staggered that I can get 2% commission and not have to constantly chase points.  Fair play to Betfair, I am often very critical of them and very negative, but this move is a positive and it will definitely result in a higher commission payment overall from me as it will double or triple the amount I win/lose there now.
Never trust a goose!!!
dealer wins
Totally Pro
Totally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally Pro

Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:30 am

The option on Betfair is under "promotions and rewards- my rewards"
Never trust a goose!!!
trtrtt11
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:35 pm

Is this new commission model available everywhere or just in the UK?

Return to “Exchanges”