RebelBetting - Turn betting into investing

How I use value betting

Is this the new hack of smart gambling?
freaked
Has experience
Has experienceHas experience

How I use value betting

Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:31 am

I take the midway point of the back and lay prices on Betfair (in an efficient market) and use this as the true price.
Do some people think Pinnacle (or another source) is a better reflection of the true price?

Also, what service do you recommend to compare the soft odds with Betfair exchange?
The one I use at the moment just covers match odds on football - I would be happy to pay more for a service that includes all markets on Betfair.
barnstorm
Has experience

Re: How I use value betting

Sat Jul 13, 2019 3:43 pm

Is midway point the best way to calculate the true price.

Here's a calculator that arrives at a different price.

https://sportsbettingsites.org/betting- ... alculator/
freaked
Has experience

Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:30 am

What do the services showing value bets use?
The Betfair midway point? The pinnacle price without vig? Or an average of sharp prices without vig?
barnstorm
Has experience

Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:32 am

freaked wrote: What do the services showing value bets use?
The Betfair midway point? The pinnacle price without vig? Or an average of sharp prices without vig?
They won't say as that is there "secret sauce." But you can expect they have a formula that comes pretty close to what that calculator will give you, which is Pinnacle minus the juice. They may average Pinnacle with another sharp source or two. I doubt that they have an in-house group or computer program that is crunching stats and numbers on each individual game to determine what they feel is fair value.
LazyBird
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:56 am

I like Betburgers new value betting service. You can select exactly which bookmakers youd like to use for value bet calculation and how many of them your value bet 'display' bookmakers have value against before a bet will appear in the list. This way you can choose to follow sharps, the wisdom of the crowd or some combination of both.

A lot of the value bet services think they have this 'secret sauce' that barnstorm mentioned above even though for some its painfully obvious that often they're relying entirely on the pinnacle price and you cant customize anything.

Return to “Value betting talk”