RebelBetting - Turn betting into investing

Live bet pending time

Share ideas and experience on bookmakers. Search before starting any account
MrG
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Live bet pending time

Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:38 pm

I'm just wondering for various reasons why do some bookmakers have a different pending time before live bets are accepted?

For example bet365 seem to be extremely fast, while others are so much longer?

Some even (bet365 esp) seem to accept bets instantly, not always but on many occasions I've seen this happen and it baffles me how that's possible, why are they willing to accept a bet before they have up to date information on the progress of that game
dealer wins
Totally Pro
Totally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally Pro

Re: Live bet pending time

Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:03 pm

I guess they are comfortable that any odds change will be small.  Ive seen it in cricket and tennis where 365 accept bets with no delay, but they do add the delay when the match gets down to the business end, or on important games/points/moments.
Never trust a goose!!!
MrG
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:06 am

dealer wins wrote: I guess they are comfortable that any odds change will be small.  Ive seen it in cricket and tennis where 365 accept bets with no delay, but they do add the delay when the match gets down to the business end, or on important games/points/moments.
It's the football i was wondering about most, i see bet365 often seem to take bets quite quickly in play. Maybe they do so when the ball is nowhere near goal, and longer when there is an attack....

Do you know other bookies that quick to accept bets?
Wolfie
Totally Pro
Totally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally Pro

Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:04 am

What will you use it for ? Do you have any tool for live goals ?
pythonic
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:28 pm

It's the football i was wondering about most, i see bet365 often seem to take bets quite quickly in play. Maybe they do so when the ball is nowhere near goal, and longer when there is an attack....

Do you know other bookies that quick to accept bets?
[/quote]
That's the concept of the Danger Zone.
Here is an explanation from pinnacle, but I don't have any statistics on it.
https://en.help.pinnaclesports.com/en/s ... gers-work-
MrG
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:41 pm

Wolfie wrote: What will you use it for ? Do you have any tool for live goals ?
Well there are advantages for having live bets accepted quickly. Quicker the better, just trying to figure out how fine a line the bookies are willing to take in certain situations. No tools, just my eyes and ears and bookmaker account ;)
LazyBird
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Sat Jul 27, 2019 2:22 pm

One of the principal reasons is often the latency experienced by bookmakers between the feed provider, their trading clients, and the platforms which are fed by the trading clients and control the prices sent to the front end. Obviously the best customer experience is the lowest bet delay possible, and the bookmakers not bottlenecked by slower technology can be more aggressive with lower in running delays.

Return to “Bookies discussion”