Bookies asking for verification right after registering

Share ideas and experience on bookmakers. Search before starting any account
Jajko
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Bookies asking for verification right after registering

Wed Jul 31, 2019 3:09 pm

Hello,
Is it standard that a bookie asks for verification right after registration and doesn't even let me deposit before I verify it?
Because to me that seems like they red-flagged my account for using a VPN or something else suspicious (I used a VPN that was supposed to work with bet365 and other UK bookies, it wasn't a shared IP and the ISP was Virgin Mobile, so that shouldn't be suspicious for the bookie).
When I registered accounts about 2 years ago, if the bookie asked for verification right away after registering that meant that the account is fucked, almost impossible to verify it.
Chipmunk
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Re: Bookies asking for verification right after registering

Thu Aug 01, 2019 2:00 pm

It's a new regulatory thing in the UK - previously they only asked when you tried to withdraw, so a lot of people were losing and never having ID checked.
Jajko
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:39 am

Thank you for the information!
petpre
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:06 am

actually i like it more, if they ask first for the KYC...
but don´t be sure, because they can still ask for additional documents when it comes to a withdrawal...
Arbermac
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:09 am

Agree with this, as once you have opened the account and verification has gone through then you know that the account is good to go.

It would be very hard for a bookmaker to go through this process, allow you to deposit and place bets, and then not pay you the winnings.
peny22
Has experience
Has experienceHas experience

Sat Aug 17, 2019 3:04 pm

So what is the account verification now before making your first deposit with English bookmakers? What documents need to be presented? Can they ask for additional verification later?
neopas
Pro
ProProProPro

Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:57 am

It is mentioned here in the forum that earlier this year the UK Gambling Commission issued a new directive forcing bookmakers to go to extremes to identify the Source of Wealth from players.
I didn't read this directive but it is possible that UKGC is asking for verification straight away.
When something bad comes for the players, all bookmakers are adopting it hiding behind excuses as money laundering and blah blah. What I m saying is that now all European bookmakers will follow the same directive even though they don't have to.

Return to “Bookies discussion”