RebelBetting - Turn betting into investing

Airplane companies VIP/Member points

Suggest and talk about various investments
Lumberjack
Has experience
Has experienceHas experience

Airplane companies VIP/Member points

Wed Sep 04, 2019 2:41 am

A lot of airplane companies offer specials offer regards ''vip membership'' ''cashpoints'' and other benefits. Furthermore, they often have partnerships with a variety of other markets/products that will give you more points or some discount for your next flight.

As I am from Scandinavian I travel a lot with Norwegian and I will take them as an example.

You can signup on their ''Bank Norwegian'' card and get a 250 Cashpoints welcome bonus, just as bookmakers do. From there, there are many opportunities to recieve cashpoints, for example hotel booking, car renting, online newspaper subscriptions and a bunch of other stuff.

What I am thinking is to find ''loopholes'' where you spend without spending to recieve cashpoints or just take all the signup bonus from drifferent airline companies, kinda as with bookmakers. 

Of course those points doesn't translate directly to cash, I do believe though that there are opportunities to make seroious amount of profits in this area.

Im corious if any others have thought about the same or even have some experience and or ideas?
bigtuna
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Re: Airplane companies VIP/Member points

Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:20 am

It is difficult in Scandinavia, as there's almost no credit cards associated with airlines.

As opposed to US and Australia, where there's always about 10-20 sign up bonuses available giving you 50-100k points.

Also the earning rate is very low on the Scandinavian cards, so it's hard to find any value.
dealer wins
Totally Pro
Totally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally Pro

Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:38 am

The days before credit card companies treated gambling transactions as cash advances were golden.  I still have many 1st class flights to take on Virgin and BA lol
Never trust a goose!!!
Lumberjack
Has experience
Has experienceHas experience

Wed Sep 04, 2019 1:25 pm

dealer wins wrote: The days before credit card companies treated gambling transactions as cash advances were golden.  I still have many 1st class flights to take on Virgin and BA lol
Something like this is what I am thinking about, even though I knows it's gonna be harder.
Maybe buying somekind of vouchers.
dealer wins
Totally Pro
Totally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally Pro

Wed Sep 04, 2019 5:38 pm

I think that ship has long sailed.  Credit card companies are very wise to this these days classifying anything that could rack up spending/points as a cash advance.  However if you discover a trick I would keep it to yourself and not post it on here lol
Never trust a goose!!!
arbusers
Administrator
AdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministrator

Mon Feb 03, 2020 5:32 pm

Since most of the members posting in this thread are Scandinavians, I m noticing SAS being very generous in their prices and especially with the miles and more frequent flyer and awards program. Especially the SAS Plus tickets are tremendously generous. You could fly small distances and get 2250-3000 points per leg. That means that if you fly within Europe you will be able to be upgraded to Gold VIP status with all Star Alliance members after 4-5 return flights. This is value.
I was discussing this observation with someone very deep (or high) in the air transportation industry and he thinks SAS is paying the price for Plane Shame.
Last edited by arbusers on Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Other investments”