RebelBetting - Turn betting into investing

Skrill’s Stronger Customer Authentication goes live September the 17th

Skrill: VIP accounts | Highest Limits | Reduced costs
arbusers
Administrator
AdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministrator

Skrill’s Stronger Customer Authentication goes live September the 17th

Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:26 pm

The Strong Customer Authentication (SCA) is a new European regulatory requirement which comes into force from September the 17th, 2019. It derives from the latest Payment Services Directive II, also known as PSD2.

You might wonder why my land bank informed me that the key date is September the 14th and not September the 17th. You might also wonder why Neteller is not following Skrill with the same deadline. The answer is that some types of institutions received an extension to their deadlines allowing them to operate in the same (old) manners for some more weeks.

What will change at Skrill, Neteller, and ecoPayz?

As you are already informed, ecoPayz forced their customers to add the two-factor authentication to their accounts with the use of a smartphone. If by any chance you have not set it up yet, you will be notified with your next login to your ecoPayz account.

Now let's go to Skrill. Skrill users will be asked for an additional authentication via SMS or email. All Skrill customers will be required to register a valid and unique phone number. The default SCA will happen through a 6-digit SMS code received on account holders phone, and there will be an email backup in case of non-delivery via SMS.
There is no way to bypass the SMS authentication when registering a new account, but once your account is registered, you will be able to change the authentication method by changing your account’s settings. According to SCA, you will always need a code, but this code could be send to your e-mail if preferred.

For Neteller, there is no indication from PaySafe in regards to the exact date of the implementation, but most probably it will implement exactly the same procedure, in the coming days or weeks. This remains to be seen.

Will SCA be applied for all new and old accounts?

There is no doubt that all new accounts registered after September the 17th will have to follow the above mentioned procedure. As for the old accounts, we do not have any indication from PaySafe informing for exceptions. This remains to be seen and you will be informed in the next hours or days.

Last but not least

Lets reconfirm once again that arbusers remains fully committed to the duties of supporting it’s members by offering
- The fastest verification
- The highest possible limits
- Reduced costs
- And of course, personalised assistance that goes far beyond e-wallets.
jo
jonibiza19

Re: Skrill’s Stronger Customer Authentication goes live September the 17th

Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:34 pm

Its a huge mess, wasn´t the 2FA enough for keeping each own money safe ?
Last edited by jonibiza19 on Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
boylera87
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:05 pm

So will it be possible to disable sms autentication after you activate it and continue with email autentication, or you will have to enter sms code every time?
arbusers
Administrator

Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:07 pm

boylera87 wrote: So will it be possible to disable sms autentication after you activate it and continue with email autentication, or you will have to enter sms code every time?
It is clear from the information that we have, that you will be able to switch to e-mail authentication after you activate your account with the sms.
apoel81
Pro
ProProProPro

Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:00 pm

arbusers wrote:
boylera87 wrote: So will it be possible to disable sms autentication after you activate it and continue with email autentication, or you will have to enter sms code every time?
It is clear from the information that we have, that you will be able to switch to e-mail authentication after you activate your account with the sms.
This will do the trick for multiaccounters for now. It is obvious where things going though. Multiaccounting will be dead once they require SMS authentication for all transactions.
jo
jonibiza19

Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:32 pm

apoel81 wrote:
arbusers wrote:
This will do the trick for multiaccounters for now. It is obvious where things going though. Multiaccounting will be dead once they require SMS authentication for all transactions.
This is true however Skrill/NET fee income from multi-accounters is huge. Are they dumb enough to kill their own gold mine?
apoel81
Pro
ProProProPro

Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:58 pm

jonibiza19 wrote:
apoel81 wrote:
arbusers wrote: It is clear from the information that we have, that you will be able to switch to e-mail authentication after you activate your account with the sms.
This is true however Skrill/NET fee income from multi-accounters is huge. Are they dumb enough to kill their own gold mine?
You think multiaccounters is gold mine for skrill? Think the opposite. They only causing them problems, that's why they now closing accounts of multiaccounters.
jo
jonibiza19

Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:25 pm

apoel81 wrote:
jonibiza19 wrote:
apoel81 wrote: This will do the trick for multiaccounters for now. It is obvious where things going though. Multiaccounting will be dead once they require SMS authentication for all transactions.
You think multiaccounters is gold mine for skrill? Think the opposite. They only causing them problems, that's why they now closing accounts of multiaccounters.
That doesn´t make sense. Skrill makes money from fees and merchant revenues. So you are saying that they win more money from 10 guys using 1acc each, than 10 guys using 10 accs each.
balls of steele
Has experience
Has experienceHas experience

Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:08 pm

China-Mine-1.jpg
apoel81
Pro
ProProProPro

Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:17 pm

jonibiza19 wrote:
apoel81 wrote:
jonibiza19 wrote: This is true however Skrill/NET fee income from multi-accounters is huge. Are they dumb enough to kill their own gold mine?
That doesn´t make sense. Skrill makes money from fees and merchant revenues. So you are saying that they win more money from 10 guys using 1acc each, than 10 guys using 10 accs each.
Wait a few months/years and you will see. Let me remind you that at 2013 you could open a skrill account under a random house address, then you could have changed address to your home address and PVC code was sent to your home address. Try change an address nowdays.

No matter how big you think is skrill profit from multiaccounters, skrill need to comply with AML policies. Furthermore, bet365 pressure is much bigger than a few multiaccounters who in fact are costing money for bet365. So you have bet365/AML policy in one hand and few multiaccounters in the other. What makes you think that you worth more for skrill?

Last, it will be funny if skrill demands phone number to be from same country as skrill address. Imagine having a bangladesh guy calling you for verification.
le
leosusanj

Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:00 pm

apoel81 wrote:

Wait a few months/years and you will see. Let me remind you that at 2013 you could open a skrill account under a random house address, then you could have changed address to your home address and PVC code was sent to your home address. Try change an address nowdays.
Without offense, but you litterally don't know what you are saying. Or you know so you post shit like this with some purpose.  8)
ArberPro
Has experience
Has experienceHas experience

Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:05 pm

Sms authenication is not PaySafe's ideea , its because of PSD2. If they will implement it as arbusers said (back up email ) , than they acted quite fair but their communication with clients and affilates is still shitty. I recived from 2 banks today the same message about sms authentication. Ewallets will lose alot of money because of this (just think about Skrill 1-Tap),  strong authentication kinda destroys some principles of ewallets (fast and simple).
About Skrills profits, my opinion is that the biggest chunk comes  from countries were gambling/crypto transactions are blocked by banks.
apoel81
Pro
ProProProPro

Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:41 am

leosusanj wrote:
apoel81 wrote:

Without offense, but you litterally don't know what you are saying. Or you know so you post shit like this with some purpose.  8)
Time will tell mate if i post shit or not.

There will always be loopholes in any AML policies, yet it is obvious to see where things are going.

Skrill was there 5 years ago and KYC policy was so easy to passed. Is it the same now? Will be the same next years you think? No, it will only get more strict. Either they will implement changes themselves, either E.U will force them to take actions, either Bet365 will force them to take actions etc etc. No way skrill depends or welcoming multiaccounting though. That's why they close accounts of multiaccounters. It is up to you to change your style of betting/arbing/whatever you are doing and not get surprised once new and more strict changes took place.

That's all for me, gl.
trento
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:16 am

we have to continue following next steps by skrill and we will see how it works...
Please comunicate all changes you feel..
arbusers
Administrator

Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:37 pm

Official: SCA from Skrill will be delayed until September the 24th.

Return to “Skrill”