BetBurger | Live and Pre-game surebets
RebelBetting - Turn betting into investing

Something needs to be done with the alert services

Exchange ideas and share info about all alert services.
CharlieSheen99
Pro
ProProProPro

Re: Something needs to be done with the alert services

Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:41 am

But, it's the logic of business, and every other alert service will do the same.

They can invest double than now, but they will not recover the money, because they will not attract more clients. They will just do a better service and lose money.
Wolfie
Totally Pro
Totally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally Pro

Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:54 am

Its because of no competitors. Problem is with oddstorm not adding other sports.
VidaBlue
To become a Pro
To become a ProTo become a ProTo become a Pro

Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:26 pm

justanarber wrote: when there's not many football matches being played alert services perform better, when busy and they're covering Polish women's leauge, Bhutan first division and the like then they can't cope, if they didn't try to cover too much they would be much better value.
For my business, I actually prefer large coverage even if it means lower performance. Client needs are very diverse.

Their attempt to reach out to many customer segments makes sense from a monetary point of view. Of course they should somehow try to avoid that this is on the expense of some of the existing segments.
Wolfie
Totally Pro
Totally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally Pro

Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:37 pm

I think some of the bookies should have top priority, with this i mean dedicated staff for sharp bookies and bet365.
VidaBlue
To become a Pro

Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:48 pm

Sure, if that is what their clients want and it most likely is. They could make their priority decisions based on what filters their clients use (book and markets). Maybe they already do. Suppose that half of their clients are from Norway, they would naturally need to give the national Norwegian bookmaker top priority.

I just wanted to make the point, that large coverage poor performance is not always a worse option for some users.
arbitraders
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Mon Dec 14, 2020 6:34 pm

Hi everyone, we'd love to hear more about your "ideal alert service" so we can shape https://arbitraders.io/ to better suit your needs.

It's brand new, still in beta, and we can't promise to be exactly what Arbusers suggests ("new credible alert service is needed the most to disrupt the market"), but we can certainly try our best!

Let us know what we can do to shake things up in the market :)
balls of steele
Has experience
Has experienceHas experience

Mon Dec 14, 2020 6:34 pm

Yes, something needs to be done. BetBurger is no longer the rock-solid service and we must see what the impact will be from their newly launched APIs (2 of them). They might blow up the market. But at the same time is there any alternative? There are some clowns in this forum claiming they can build things but their websites look like being built by teenagers.
We are going back to 2006 rapidly.
arbusers
Administrator
AdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministrator

Mon Dec 14, 2020 7:14 pm

@ arbitraders,

Instead of spamming our forum with your link and your e-mail, it would be very much appreciated if you would start talking about the services you offer. Bookmakers, markets covered, pricelists etc.
Thank you.
mrJustice
Has experience
Has experienceHas experience

Mon Dec 14, 2020 8:41 pm

arbusers is right. If you want to make an impact you need to tell how you are different from the rest of the alert services and what problems do you solve that existing alert services can't. It is good that you seek feedback, however, don't confuse feedback with idea generation. First you build, then you let users to use it and only then you ask for their feedback if services you offer are of any value to them. You will have much more chances to convince people to test your service if you can explain what kind of benefit they will have from it. If it is another attempt to copy existing alert services then I would advise you to take more time and find your unique value proposition first. If you can't, then it is best to apply your skills elsewhere. I wish you luck.
arbitraders
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Thu Dec 17, 2020 12:34 am

You both raise very valid points.

@ arbusers, I certainly didn't mean to spam anything and I'd be happy to edit/remove the offending posts.
In fact, I may do that anyway because shortly after posting in here, I was informed by our odds provider that they need time to fix some internal issues and they would not be renewing any subscriptions until further notice.

For that reason, unfortunately, I don't think it's worth mentioning bookmakers, markets, or prices until I've secured a new odds provider and can see what we're able to offer.

@ mrJustice, great advice overall. I'd venture to say that we actually took that approach for the most part and spent lots of time building and testing and iterating before asking for feedback, but at some point we have to get some real-world usage. The goal wasn't so much to "convince people to test" as it was to offer something for free and see if it's of value to anyone. Within 2 days of posting, we've had over 40 new users, so I think it's reasonable to conclude (even from the title of this thread alone), that people are sick of the existing services and don't need much convincing to try something new.

And while I certainly agree that it's important to recognize the distinction between feedback and idea generation, I'm not really sure why soliciting help with idea generation would be a bad thing. Which of the following two scenarios would you prefer? A company spends 1 year developing a bunch of features that are useless to you, or you tell the company you want X and then you quickly get X.

Regardless of your personal preference, I know there are many, many people who would prefer to help guide product decisions and feel heard as a user. I have personally met several of them on here, who have been instrumental in determining the roadmap so far.
But if others in the forum prefer for a service to attempt to solve absolutely every one of their needs prior to launching anything, and then complain about it when inevitably fails to meet such impossible expectations, then that's fine too and I'll stop sharing.

At the end of the day, we're trying to offer something valuable, and even if it's not particularly differentiated (yet) in terms of features, it's significantly cheaper (even free right now) than all of the alternatives. We're incredibly lean and efficient and have relatively low operating costs. As a result, we also have a more limited product for the time being and the only way to continue to improve it is to start getting more users. If you're looking for a big company with everything implemented, that's fine, that's not us.

TL;DR the only differentiation at the moment is the price. We've got some cool stuff in the pipeline, but would prefer to build what people want most, so asking seemed like a good idea. We need to make some big changes now, so I'll retract the posts and stop spamming :)
campeones
To become a Pro

Sat Dec 19, 2020 4:58 am

Part of our business (I mean as a syndicate) is based on BetBurger and BetOnValue, with the first having a bigger part than the second. We came to a point that we decided to stop using both of them as they no longer cover effectively what we want them to cover.
It is costly, very costly, but we are now building an in-house product to replace both of them. Before you even ask it this is for our use only and we will not sell it. Even from that point of view, these alert services are luckier than what they should be.
asdqertyforgotmyemail
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Sat Jan 02, 2021 7:52 pm

campeones wrote: Part of our business (I mean as a syndicate) is based on BetBurger and BetOnValue, with the first having a bigger part than the second. We came to a point that we decided to stop using both of them as they no longer cover effectively what we want them to cover.
It is costly, very costly, but we are now building an in-house product to replace both of them. Before you even ask it this is for our use only and we will not sell it. Even from that point of view, these alert services are luckier than what they should be.
@Campeones, Glad to see that you doing better man,being ambitious, already talking about a 'syndicate' and your own arb service.. I know it's tough..
Would you share some of your ideas in your journey? How many people joined your organisation? Who is building your software(how many programmers)?
Let's exchange some ideas on how to do things better :)

Regards,
asdqwertyforgotmyemail
campeones
To become a Pro

Sun Jan 03, 2021 3:15 pm

asdqertyforgotmyemail wrote: @Campeones, Glad to see that you doing better man,being ambitious, already talking about a 'syndicate' and your own arb service.. I know it's tough..
Would you share some of your ideas in your journey? How many people joined your organisation? Who is building your software(how many programmers)?
Let's exchange some ideas on how to do things better :)
There are several posts scattered here and there in regards to our syndicate but I can answer your questions if they are specific. The syndicate is not mine, but I have a role in it. The bosses are also reading the forum so I can't really say much of what we do.
We are 100% legal and we work in many countries in Europe mainly but South America and Asia, Africa too.
We are at the very beginning of building our custom software. It is clear we need manpower if we want good results. So for now there are 5 people writing things but we'll get more.
asdqertyforgotmyemail
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:37 pm

The bosses are also reading the forum so I can't really say much of what we do.
We are 100% legal and we work in many countries in Europe mainly but South America and Asia, Africa too.

For a second i thought that you drive the business.. You only pay for the service..

One Specific question?
The Bosses in this syndicate, how many programmers built your product? If the answer is only one, it must have been.. money.. (quote from the song :) )
campeones
To become a Pro

Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:00 am

asdqertyforgotmyemail wrote: The Bosses in this syndicate, how many programmers built your product? If the answer is only one, it must have been.. money.. (quote from the song :) )
I have no idea but there must be a team there. How many? Probably 10-20. Not my cup of tea.

Return to “General talk about alert services”