BetBurger | Live and Pre-game surebets
RebelBetting - Turn betting into investing

Which of these places is the best to work from?

Make bookmakers cash cow machines

Which of these countries is the best to work from?

Poll runs till Wed Aug 07, 2069 3:08 am

Hungary
13%
Turkey
6%
Demark
6%
Netherlands
13%
Belgium
No votes
Germany
13%
Norway
No votes
Spain
13%
Sweden
25%
France
No votes
Poland
13%

Total votes: 16
Skaggerak
Pro
ProProProPro

Which of these places is the best to work from?

Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:34 pm

Hi guys, I need a bit of guidance on something. Soon I will be leaving for one of these countries for a period of time. I understand there will be a lot of technicalities needed in working from any of them, and I'm looking for advice around these technicalities.

For instance, I know Turkey have strict internet laws compared to others, however I am also trying to factor opportunity costs AND costs of living into this decision.

Because of these factors I am very much drawn to the first two options on the poll, but I am not that confident in my beliefs.

Perhaps some of my intentions of working from another country are actually impossible, but I will have to analyse this separately. I'm talking about making bets away from my residing country, and how I can do this freely without reproach.

Any advice would be much appreciated. Maybe we can get an interesting conversation going.
sadedu95
Has experience
Has experienceHas experience

Re: Which of these places is the best to work from?

Wed Oct 16, 2019 5:39 pm

i dont know the best place to work from but i can suggest the best place to Wok from
Last edited by sadedu95 on Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
arbusers
Administrator
AdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministrator

Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:35 am

It might worth to have at least a quick description of the nature of your work.
Are we talking about gambling work? Or something else?
If we are talking about gambling, I believe Turkey should be completely erased from your list, unless you 've found a very strong niche, combined with good connections in that country.
Yngwie
Pro
ProProProPro

Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:33 am

Turkey is (maybe ''was'') great for arbitrage betting. Turkish clients have access to Tempobet, the most amazing bookmaker on earth. Highest odds on favourite. Chelsea is 1,39. Napoli is 1,30!

Also, the local bookmaker iddaa was (was unfortunately) amazing. No limits (you can bet even 10 million euros) and there were %20-30 arbs. However, things are not very bright recently. Most local online bookmakers become rubbish; they rarely pay. Payout problems, account closure issues, unending KYC process became popular recently. Local bookmaker iddaa also changed and they started to refund bets. They also started to update lines faster. Turkey was Number 1 for arbitrage betting (you wouldn't guess, right?) in the past but nowadays it's so so.
Unless you have strong niche, good connections..
Quoting the Admin  :D
Yngwie
Pro
ProProProPro

Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:05 pm

Skag,

If I were you, I would look for eastern europe countries with local bookmakers. There may be good opportunities in there. Good luck!
tomo
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:42 pm

hello OP,
just check https://nomadlist.com/ to compare these countries with lot angles.
GL
Skaggerak
Pro
ProProProPro

Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:49 pm

Lots of replies, thanks a lot lads.
arbusers wrote: It might worth to have at least a quick description of the nature of your work.
If we are talking about gambling, I believe Turkey should be completely erased from your list, unless you 've found a very strong niche, combined with good connections in that country.
Gambling. Arbs, value bets, trading, the exact nature of this section  ;D

The thing is, I guess a huge aspect of my issue is in technicalities like i mentioned before, so in one sense I'm not obsessed right now with which country has the best opportunity, but more fixated on the least risk should i be found to be using vpns or sophisticated techniques to make bets that may be intrusive of a countries internet law depending on circumstances. This is why Turkey is such a love/hate for me. Amazing cost of living, frightening consequences of breaking law inadvertantly.
sadedu95 wrote: i dont know the best place to work from but i can suggest the best place to Wok from
Unfortunately China is not an option but I will remember this  ;)

Yngwie/Sawyer wrote: Skag,

If I were you, I would look for eastern europe countries with local bookmakers. There may be good opportunities in there. Good luck!
That makes me believe Hungary, which was probably my first choice to begin with.

I'm very interested to see Sweden poll so well and would love to hear more, it wasn't what i was expecting. But my big two personally were Hungary and Poland, so hopefully I'm onto something. It's interesting to see the majority of the mainland countries I dismissed have also been dismissed here, but Netherlands is another enticing option. Decisions decisions.
Wolfie
Totally Pro
Totally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally Pro

Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:24 am

I am not from Poland but from what i have heard it has almost no government control on internet. No one cares if u use vpn or other methods to connect elsewhere. So with what you said i would go for Poland.
timosee
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:34 am

Why Sweden and not other scandinavian countries? Sweden just introduced their own gaming license so ok that is interesting. I'm living in Finland and have access to a huge amount of betting sites and of course Finlands own Veikkaus which will not limit or ban you and you can bet pretty big amounts. You also have a local Veikkaus "operator" in pretty much every single grocery store even AND you don't need to pay any sort of tax on winnings from Veikkaus or any internet bookie if they have a gaming license from Malta, UK, Sweden, Estonia and I think even the Gibraltar license are all tax free. Of course Finland is not a really cheap country. But neither is Sweden. I don't think anybody here cares about if you use VPN services - never heard of any problems and internet connections in general are fast, reliable and cheap. I'm paying 29€ per month for 200Mbit/s connection.
4l
4lexy4

Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:28 am

timosee wrote: Why Sweden and not other scandinavian countries? Sweden just introduced their own gaming license so ok that is interesting. I'm living in Finland and have access to a huge amount of betting sites and of course Finlands own Veikkaus which will not limit or ban you and you can bet pretty big amounts. You also have a local Veikkaus "operator" in pretty much every single grocery store even AND you don't need to pay any sort of tax on winnings from Veikkaus or any internet bookie if they have a gaming license from Malta, UK, Sweden, Estonia and I think even the Gibraltar license are all tax free. Of course Finland is not a really cheap country. But neither is Sweden. I don't think anybody here cares about if you use VPN services - never heard of any problems and internet connections in general are fast, reliable and cheap. I'm paying 29€ per month for 200Mbit/s connection.

So Veikkaus  is soft and dont limit?
Skaggerak
Pro
ProProProPro

Fri Oct 18, 2019 12:05 pm

timosee wrote: Why Sweden and not other scandinavian countries?
Sweden, Norway and Denmark are my only choices beyond my control. However this Finnish stuff sounds very enticing. Is there something similar to the "huge amount of betting sites" available to Finnish customers, as well as the Veikkaus, in any other Scandinavian countries?

I believe Denmark could come into the running here, as the access between Copenhagen and Malmo is something I find very appealing.
timosee
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:48 am

"So Veikkaus  is soft and dont limit?"

Pretty much. To play online at them you will need a finnish social security number/citizenship, at local shops anybody can place bets. I think they check ID only if you bet more than 3000€ at once - might have changed I used to work at a shop which offered Veikkaus games 5 years ago.

"Is there something similar to the "huge amount of betting sites" available to Finnish customers, as well as the Veikkaus, in any other Scandinavian countries? "

I Believe so, Sweden has its own Svenska Spel similar to veikkaus but don't know exactly how things have changed over there now. Denmark might be really interesting too, they have DankseSpil also similar to Veikkaus but I am not so familiar with their laws on online betting - I would think they are similarly loose like in Finland.

I would say scandinavia is worth looking into! On top of the easy acces between Copenhagen and Malmo you have easy access from Stockholm to Turku/Helsinki via ferry which costs as cheap as 15€
bettico

Fri May 08, 2020 10:04 pm

Some bakan local bookies is good for arbs mostly in Serbia.
Nera
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Mon May 25, 2020 1:57 am

Skaggerak wrote: Lots of replies, thanks a lot lads.
arbusers wrote: It might worth to have at least a quick description of the nature of your work.
Gambling. Arbs, value bets, trading, the exact nature of this section  ;D

The thing is, I guess a huge aspect of my issue is in technicalities like i mentioned before, so in one sense I'm not obsessed right now with which country has the best opportunity, but more fixated on the least risk should i be found to be using vpns or sophisticated techniques to make bets that may be intrusive of a countries internet law depending on circumstances. This is why Turkey is such a love/hate for me. Amazing cost of living, frightening consequences of breaking law inadvertantly.
sadedu95 wrote: i dont know the best place to work from but i can suggest the best place to Wok from
Unfortunately China is not an option but I will remember this  ;)

Yngwie/Sawyer wrote: Skag,

That makes me believe Hungary, which was probably my first choice to begin with.

I'm very interested to see Sweden poll so well and would love to hear more, it wasn't what i was expecting. But my big two personally were Hungary and Poland, so hopefully I'm onto something. It's interesting to see the majority of the mainland countries I dismissed have also been dismissed here, but Netherlands is another enticing option. Decisions decisions.
You don't need to use VPN, just with a SIM card from the country that is the bookmaker and that's it. I live in Spain and use a SIM card from Malta to bet at the bookmakers there, I withdraw through Neteller with the address of Malta. To verify residency I made an internet contract through the company Melita. I paid 25 eur and they gave me the contract via email. Of course, they called me for a technician to install the Internet but I told them that I was no longer interested. Obviously I lost 25 eur but I can register with the licensed bookmakers in Malta.
repinho
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Tue Oct 06, 2020 2:07 pm

very interesting Nera. Did you use just a fictive address in Malta? or did you pay for a virtual address?

Return to “Arbing, matched betting and trading talk”