BetBurger | Live and Pre-game surebets
RebelBetting - Turn betting into investing

A smart gambler look into the recent events

Make bookmakers cash cow machines
jo
jonibiza19

A smart gambler look into the recent events

Sun Nov 03, 2019 4:29 am

Everybody knows the game is getting tougher by the day.

In a short period of time we have seen huge changes both on the biggest bookie and E-wallets

Skrill/Net introducing SMS verification (not a major issue since it can be done with email/PIN for now)
Bet365 removing Skrill/NT from certain Countries,including UK/Irish
Bet365 removing the Max Bet Button impacting lots of smart gamblers
Paysafe increasing the 1st transaction fee to an outrageous 20%
Neteller mostly, but also Skrill restricting and even closing a bunch of gambling related accounts
Betburger having more issues than ever on scanning
Bet365 changing their API and line speeds affecting massively automated services

All of this in a 1-2month period
For me this is simple, in 2019 there was a huge increase on amount of smart gamblers and locusts, impacting massively bookies profits. This eventually led them to pressure Paysafe to take actions
Also Brexit is another problem that could possibly help

Game is getting tougher and I hope smartgamblers are turning into other markets / businesses or at least convice themselves of evolving.

Feel free to share your opinion.
JI19
Last edited by jonibiza19 on Sun Nov 03, 2019 4:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
dealer wins
Totally Pro
Totally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally Pro

Re: A smart gambler look into the recent events

Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:11 am

Yep, getting harder and harder. SBObet going down the pan, even betting exchanges becoming worse, with Matchbook basically telling me to F off by imposing a 40% winners tax.  I believe both Betdaq and Smarkets do similar but not been affected by them yet personally.

I know there is a lot of talk about B365, but for an arber with just one account that gets lost very quickly anyway.  I guess for those lucky enough to have a production line of B365 accounts it makes things harder, but people with that access are the ones who are causing B365 to become harder to use lol
Never trust a goose!!!
sadedu95
Has experience
Has experienceHas experience

Re: A smart gambler look into the recent events

Mon Nov 04, 2019 4:03 am

i could not agree with your post more. And thank you very much for writing so clearly about the current state of affairs. Having reviewed your posts its clear to see we have commented on betburger on many of the same days,

I think over the last 4 years we have been witnessing a transition from imperfect competition to perfect competition. What used to be sacred no longer holds true. We are witnessing the demise of bet365, the actions they could have taken to safeguard themselves have now been taken. If we are being honest we knew exactly what they could do.

Pinnacle are trying to adapt as best they can but it is only a matter of time. First in last out. Not only in our line of work but the whole world is going through a period of extreme change. And these locusts (automated software) is effecting industries throughout the economy. The first driverless lorries have been tested from Las vegas to LA.

Sometimes the hardest thing to do is face reality, what makes it even harder is we knew the world as it once was. Now more than ever is the time to believe in our instincts and continue through adversity. It will be extremely difficult, but sometimes in life you have to front up. So good luck and keep contributing.

Reading your post lets me know there is someone else out there. Its reassuring.

With regards to your point about looking outside the box. I firmly believe we could come up with some ideas to invest money in the real world. A world in which the route of prosperity is outside of Europe. We want to exist in markets where we do not compete with locusts or at least have time to exploit markets before locusts ravage it, 
Last edited by sadedu95 on Mon Nov 04, 2019 4:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Arbing, matched betting and trading talk”