BetBurger | Live and Pre-game surebets
RebelBetting - Turn betting into investing

Does anyone have a list of team names for bet365 and pinnacle?

Is this the new hack of smart gambling?
esi
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Does anyone have a list of team names for bet365 and pinnacle?

Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:14 pm

Hi i was wondering if anyone has a list of team names for bet365 and pinnacle.
Im making my own scrapper but some teams have different names set by bookies, eg man. untd and manchester united
It would be nice to have a list of them so i wont have to go find names for every single team name
Even a site that displays the team names by bookmaker would be good as i would be able to scrape it
Thank you
dejancg
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Re: Does anyone have a list of team names for bet365 and pinnacle?

Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:03 pm

Try this, here is some data from 2018.
Attachments

[The extension txt has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

esi
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:57 pm

thank you saved me a lot of hassle
Ph
Phoenixking

Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:55 pm

I just finished this project.:) You can customize your own value bets,I'm basically my own alert service now. 8)
esi
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:32 pm

thats nice, thats what im after, can you share your list too?
Ph
Phoenixking

Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:41 pm

I did not scrape directly from bet365 and pinnacle. As you know they use different team names, You would import the data in excel and search by team name for odds from both ? Why not scrape from a odds comparison website ?
Do
Downbreak

Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:06 am

Phoenixking wrote: I just finished this project.:) You can customize your own value bets,I'm basically my own alert service now. 8)
Congratz! What do you mean by "customize your own value bets" since you use an odds comparison website to scrape data? Thank you
Ph
Phoenixking

Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:41 am

The edge I mean, I can collect all the data and filter it based on the say edge 2 % below this the software will filter it out. This is something I have yet to do. I will have to implement value and expected valve calculations in python,  relatively easy task compared to actual scraping process, depending on our skill off course and time available(Something I don't I have these days). 

I know some odds comparison sites provide value bets, But I find they miss out on so many value bets.
Last edited by Phoenixking on Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
VidaBlue
To become a Pro
To become a ProTo become a ProTo become a Pro

Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:43 pm

Phoenixking wrote: Why not scrape from a odds comparison website ?
Scraping from a odds comparison website may be good and easy option, but I think there are potential drawbacks that must at least be considered.

Odds delay. When data is being relayed from one place to another, the total delay gets longer than when scraping directly from the source.

It is also common that games that are missing or teams are being mismatched. It happens away from the big leagues, maybe when those reference lists are incomplete and they fail to do a proper fuzzy match. Having and building your own reference lists and doing your own matching, can take you to places where the odds comparison website couldn't.

Finally there's a nuisance that has bothered my projects from time to time. From my experience, it seems that odds comparison websites are less tolerant to webscrapers and react applying ip-blockers. I am sure that there's always a counter to this, such as dynamically changing the ip and user agent, but it is something that can complicate the project. The websites have valuable data representing many bookmakers, so if this treasure can be scraped and displayed elsewhere, these mitigating actions seem obvious.

That being said, scraping from the odds comparison website may indeed be the best option, depending on the scope of the project.
Ph
Phoenixking

Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:10 pm

VidaBlue wrote:
Phoenixking wrote: Why not scrape from a odds comparison website ?
Scraping from a odds comparison website may be good and easy option, but I think there are potential drawbacks that must at least be considered.

Odds delay. When data is being relayed from one place to another, the total delay gets longer than when scraping directly from the source.

It is also common that games that are missing or teams are being mismatched. It happens away from the big leagues, maybe when those reference lists are incomplete and they fail to do a proper fuzzy match. Having and building your own reference lists and doing your own matching, can take you to places where the odds comparison website couldn't.

Finally there's a nuisance that has bothered my projects from time to time. From my experience, it seems that odds comparison websites are less tolerant to webscrapers and react applying ip-blockers. I am sure that there's always a counter to this, such as dynamically changing the ip and user agent, but it is something that can complicate the project. The websites have valuable data representing many bookmakers, so if this treasure can be scraped and displayed elsewhere, these mitigating actions seem obvious.

That being said, scraping from the odds comparison website may indeed be the best option, depending on the scope of the project.
Everything you said holds true friend, Its a very easy fix to just scrape from a odds comparison website. Since I'm new to programming,I will gradually adjust the difficulty curve to move to source websites down the line.
Pro programmers do you guys have ideas on how comparison websites scrape data from sources with all the different variables like name,etc ? Any input would be much appreciated. 
Last edited by Phoenixking on Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
esi
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:19 am

thats a path no beginner should take, you are better off using an odds feed api or such
VidaBlue
To become a Pro

Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:51 am

esi wrote: thats a path no beginner should take, you are better off using an odds feed api or such
How can you tell? There are ups and downs for both ...

APIs can offer a fast feed of a large volume of data, either directly from source or via other APIs or scrapers, but it is still restricted to what that API has to offer.

One's own webscraper may provide data that no API offers, but it can be a hassle sometimes.

It depends on the purpose of the project I think - whether you're a beginner or expert.
VidaBlue
To become a Pro

Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:17 am

Phoenixking wrote: Pro programmers do you guys have ideas on how comparison websites scrape data from sources with all the different variables like name,etc ? Any input would be much appreciated.
I am not a pro programmer, but this is what I do myself when scraping data from different sources. I search for an approximate match with regards to start time, type of sport and team names. It is "approximate" because sometimes the start times and team names are slightly different. Continuously I build up a register with team names. If team names are not found in the register, I run the team name comparison through a fuzzy matching algoritm.

I suppose that many odds comparison websites have bought their API feeds, because they focus on volume rather than originality and therefore they wouldn't go through all this matching. I have spoken personally with the owner of one of the well-known services and they have also based their entire system on an API-feed that they have bought. I figured out that it must be Everymatrix' feed because the provided bookmakers coincided.
Ph
Phoenixking

Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:52 pm

VidaBlue wrote:
Phoenixking wrote: Pro programmers do you guys have ideas on how comparison websites scrape data from sources with all the different variables like name,etc ? Any input would be much appreciated.
I am not a pro programmer, but this is what I do myself when scraping data from different sources. I search for an approximate match with regards to start time, type of sport and team names. It is "approximate" because sometimes the start times and team names are slightly different. Continuously I build up a register with team names. If team names are not found in the register, I run the team name comparison through a fuzzy matching algoritm.

I suppose that many odds comparison websites have bought their API feeds, because they focus on volume rather than originality and therefore they wouldn't go through all this matching. I have spoken personally with the owner of one of the well-known services and they have also based their entire system on an API-feed that they have bought. I figured out that it must be Everymatrix' feed because the provided bookmakers coincided.
^^ Exactly the kind of info I wanted, Thanks bro.
djordjeno
Has experience
Has experienceHas experience

Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:21 pm

Every bookmaker today have their own API.
Regular odds/price comparison sites such as oddsportal or oddschecker have access to their API based on affiliate status. That is deal

Arbitrage sites such as betburger do not have access to bookmaker odds api, because for them that is vulnerable. (for example bet365)
And that's why there are odds delay in scrapping odds, and a lots of errors when bookmaker changes page layout / html.

Arbitrage sites have matching algoritms for team names, but in fact they have database where holds every alternative for each team.
Even they have language alternative for team name.

Return to “Value betting talk”