RebelBetting - Turn betting into investing

Rumors of funds confiscation

Skrill: VIP accounts | Highest Limits | Reduced costs
Wolfie
Totally Pro
Totally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally Pro

Rumors of funds confiscation

Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:45 am

Just as @jonibiza19 said in chat there are rumors of funds confiscation from skrill and neteller. Nothing happened to me yet. But i have heard rumors from 3 different sources till now. Does anybody know something deeper from paysafe management for example ? What do this people mean by confiscation. Maybe asking for docs, proof of funds ? Because i do not think they are just blocking accs without reason. I know bet365 removal was a big damage but Skrill is used for many other things like forex, crypto exchanges, freelance payments.
dealer wins
Totally Pro

Re: Rumors of funds confiscation

Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:45 am

In the UK we have the FCA as their regulator, so they wouldn't be able to get away with seizing funds without a dam good reason.  But abroad it seems like they act as judge and jury sometimes. To be on the safe side I would say to avoid any P2P transactions, especially if the person also uses the same bookmaker as you, that would be an immediate red flag.
Never trust a goose!!!
elabor7
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:41 am

In my opinion, those who cannot verify their account or have P2P transactions have problems.
I have an account verified for over ten years and I have never had any problems, but I try to have transactions only with skrill merchants and never with people.
Wolfie
Totally Pro

Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:52 am

Skrill does not confiscate even in small countries because it has a reputation to preserve. The problem is how good are they financially and strategically ? Is there any indicator however small that they are going down ? I think this is the only case where they would confiscate.
uptight
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Wed Dec 11, 2019 12:22 pm

If anyone checked trustpilot.com around three months ago, Skrill had mostly one star (lowest) grades. Since this, around 4000 five star reviews were written, all of them were invited by skrill. I can imagine they gave people 1-2 dollars to write a five star review. So they want to appear as a trustworthy company.
elabor7
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Wed Dec 11, 2019 2:02 pm

I have had a skrill account for over ten years (with many transactions every day) and have never been invited to write feedback on social media
jo
jonibiza19

Wed Dec 11, 2019 6:42 pm

I know a guy that got around 5K confiscated on a Skrill account used to p2p and deposit/withdraw from bet365. Skrill closed the account from nowhere and refuses to provide any explanations or refund to the bank account,he reported it to the FCA already.
Skrill is "losing" huge amounts of funds daily due to bet365 restrictions with ewallets,ips,limitations and so on forcing many gamblers to panic and cashout most of their money .
Last edited by jonibiza19 on Wed Dec 11, 2019 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chrisgr1984
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Wed Dec 11, 2019 6:58 pm

I know at least 3 more cases that they are refusing to pay nor provide any further explanation. About the further explanation is normal , no company would provide the exact reason , but about the money its just illegal to not send them to your bank account .
But for me is simple what they are thinking and what they are doing ...
They know that 90% of the accounts  are multies and even if they do something illegal, cause its illegal to not sending you the money to your bank account, they know that either you will not be able to go against them to the court-so they keep the money- or you will not dare to go to the court cause of your fear that you will have further troubles - again they keep the money- . Now if for some few accs you manage to push them with laywers and court etc , at the end they will have to pay . But imagine how much they can make this way....
Btw FCA will not do anything its not responsible to make them pay nor have this authority , waste of time to contact them
Kokos, CFA
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Tue Mar 03, 2020 10:58 am

I have received following email from Skrill. I have provided them with answers more than 2 weeks ago, but not heard from them since. Did you guys have similar experience?

Dear XXX,

Thank you for choosing Skrill as your payment processor. Your account has come up for a routine review and we have a few questions regarding your account that will help us understand your use of our service.

We would like to kindly ask you to provide detailed answer the following questions:

• Please explain in detail the purpose of use of your Skrill account.

• Do you provide any kind of service online, even on a freelance basis? If so, please provide a brief explanation of the service and provide URLs to online presence where the service can be reviewed (this can be website/forum/social media page etc.). Do you use your account in relation to any commercial activity, either online or offline?

• Please advise what your relation is to the people you have exchanged money with and what was the purpose of the transactions? Do you know them personally?

Please add screenshots that support your answers.

Note that for the duration of this review your account will remain locked.

To get back to us with the requested information, please reply to this email. Please make sure that you select “Reply” so your response can be reviewed more quickly.

We appreciate your kind cooperation and look forward to receiving your reply.
arbusers
Administrator
AdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministrator

Tue Mar 03, 2020 12:53 pm

It is the standard e-mail they send. Answer to all questions and provide answers that you are able to support with documents if they ever come back to you requesting mare clarity.
dealer wins
Totally Pro

Tue Mar 03, 2020 3:28 pm

I understand they need to do "reviews" from time to time, but locking the account and preventing access to the customers funds surely is illegal under their licence to operate in the UK.
Never trust a goose!!!
Kokos, CFA
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Wed Mar 04, 2020 2:32 pm

arbusers wrote: It is the standard e-mail they send. Answer to all questions and provide answers that you are able to support with documents if they ever come back to you requesting mare clarity.
Thanks for your reply arbusers. I understand what are you saying, but Skrill is extremely unprofessional in this. The email was sent from certain skrill mail address and I was said to reply with answers to the same email. I sent the answers twice, but haven't heard since. I created a case in my Skrill account and received a generic answer about I should check my credit card if my Skrill transactions are being rejected. I am sure the staff did not even read what I wrote. I had to call them and get them to send me an email acknowledging they did indeed receive my email. After this I received another email saying it will take 8-10 business days. It's been 9 business days since and more than 10 extra from the time the whole problem started. 

Return to “Skrill”