BetBurger | Live and Pre-game surebets
RebelBetting - Turn betting into investing

Neteller/Skrill: Delete Account And Delete Transaction History?

Exchange ideas and share info about all e-wallets
JX123
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Neteller/Skrill: Delete Account And Delete Transaction History?

Mon Dec 16, 2019 5:01 am

Hello! I have asked Neteller how long my data is kept AFTER I closed my account. The answer:
In general, your account details, including name and address, will be held for 7 years following account closure; and any transaction records, for 7 years from the transaction date[/colour]. This time period allows us to meet our legal and regulatory obligations and, in the event of any legal claims, the transaction data evidence the record of transactions on the account. The wider account information also assists in demonstrating to regulators or other authorities that we have carried out any necessary legal ‘due diligence, including ‘know your customer’ identity verification. We are happy to consider any specific requests to delete non-essential data.

Do you guys know if there is any way to have the transaction records deleted after the account is closed? I mean 7 years is a long time...
esi
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Re: Neteller/Skrill: Delete Account And Delete Transaction History?

Mon Dec 16, 2019 4:13 pm

Data can’t immediately be deleted

A new bank offers good home loan deals. You’re buying a new house and decide to switch to the new bank. You ask the ‘old’ bank to close down all accounts and request to have all your personal details deleted. The old bank, however, is subject to a law obliging banks to store all customer details for 10 years. The old bank can’t simply delete your personal details. In this case, you may want to ask for restriction of processing of your personal data. The bank may then only store the data for the period of time required by law and can’t perform any other processing operations on them
ref https://ec.europa.eu/info/law/law-topic ... al-data_en
JX123
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Re: Neteller/Skrill: Delete Account And Delete Transaction History?

Sat Dec 21, 2019 1:54 pm

esi wrote:
Data can’t immediately be deleted

A new bank offers good home loan deals. You’re buying a new house and decide to switch to the new bank. You ask the ‘old’ bank to close down all accounts and request to have all your personal details deleted. The old bank, however, is subject to a law obliging banks to store all customer details for 10 years. The old bank can’t simply delete your personal details. In this case, you may want to ask for restriction of processing of your personal data. The bank may then only store the data for the period of time required by law and can’t perform any other processing operations on them
ref https://ec.europa.eu/info/law/law-topic ... al-data_en
thanks, interesting! I guess theres no way however, to get transaction history deleted :/

Return to “General talk about e-wallets”