Betfair accounts closed without warning

Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Betfair accounts closed without warning  (Read 3080 times)
ayahuasca
Gaining experience

View Profile

ayahuasca

Betfair accounts closed without warning
« on: December 22, 2019, 10:35:00 PM »

On Friday 13th i got an email from betfair telling me that my betfair account was closed. It also mentioned that the next week betfair would get in touch to return the balance on the account.

This account was set up by betinasia sometime ago and i was using it normally till the closing of it.

I wrote to betinasia support asking information about this matter and mainly asking them about the return of my balance. Twice i got evasive answers, not answering what i was asking.

On 17th this month, I made a complain to arbusers about betinasia behavior who then got in touch with betinasia, which shortly after replied to me, asking me for "space" to gather more information with their betfair master agent.

I gave betinasia some "space" and so far, i am waiting for some light on the matter...from either betinasia or betfair.

So, advised by arbusers, i started this topic on the betinasia space here in the forum, so all those interested on how betinasia will handle this, could see the development of this case.

I don't think i am the only one in this situation, i'm not sure if other betinasia customers are in the same boat as me or they got a different conclusion. Still i would like to hear from them.

There's another thread] open on the forum about this,
https://arbusers.com/index.php?topic=6931.msg74124#msg74124
 but i think here is the right place to talk about it.

More than 10 days after the shutdown and still not a single straight answer from betinasia.
I'll be waiting for news, anything new about the conclusion i will report it here.

alealeale
Becoming a Pro

View Profile

alealeale

Re: Betfair accounts closed without warning
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2019, 06:37:08 AM »

It's happened also to me with Betmantra.
Betinasia told me it was a decision from Betmantra that it will not be available anymore for italian customers.
Referring to my balance I've been told to transfer it to Black platform and referring to my pending bets (feb '20 antepost) there will be no problem, once they will be settled I could have my money back, if winnings.
PunterLog
Gaining experience

View Profile

PunterLog

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2019, 07:38:02 AM »

What's the use of having a whitelabel like BetMantra that accepts bets only from countries where Betfair is allowed? That defeats the purpose of having a whitelabel in the first place.

The restricted country list of BetMantra is almost as long as the restricted list of Betfair itself.
ayahuasca
Gaining experience

View Profile

ayahuasca

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2019, 12:20:09 PM »

In my case, betfair closed the account, so i have no idea how to withdraw.

Betinasia told me it was a decision from Betmantra that it will not be available anymore for italian customers.
Referring to my balance I've been told to transfer it to Black platform and referring to my pending bets (feb '20 antepost) there will be no problem, once they will be settled I could have my money back, if winnings.
pipophile
Gaining experience

View Profile

pipophile

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2019, 03:06:52 PM »

The exact same problem happened to me. My betfair account was closed on December 13th. I am a client of the BET IBC agent. They tell me to wait and have tried to make me realize that it could take a very long time. I'm starting to worry seriously about my money.
elabor7
Gaining experience

View Profile

elabor7

« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2019, 06:26:58 PM »

Betinasia in regard to betmantra, did not make any reference to restrictions by country, but only pointed out that it will take about a week to get news,
From today when you enter the betmantra account there is this warning:
Sports bets are not accepted at the moment. Something special is coming soon !!
pipophile
Gaining experience

View Profile

pipophile

« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2019, 08:19:58 PM »

but they can't wait until all the bets are paid to unlock the money. If someone bet on Macron's re-election in France in 2022, will he wait 3 years?
alealeale
Becoming a Pro

View Profile

alealeale

« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2019, 08:23:17 PM »

Betinasia in regard to betmantra, did not make any reference to restrictions by country, but only pointed out that it will take about a week to get news,
From today when you enter the betmantra account there is this warning:
Sports bets are not accepted at the moment. Something special is coming soon !!
Yes, they did, at least to me. See their mail in attachment.
I also see their modified warning, let's hope we can play again.
alealeale
Becoming a Pro

View Profile

alealeale

« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2019, 08:26:54 PM »

but they can't wait until all the bets are paid to unlock the money. If someone bet on Macron's re-election in France in 2022, will he wait 3 years?
Indeed I am worried for bet that go to the end of january, I don't like to bet on long term antepost just for these possible issues.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2019, 08:28:41 PM by alealeale » Logged
BetInAsia
Has experience

View Profile

BetInAsia

« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2019, 01:19:02 PM »

Hello Arbusers,

Thank you for your patience and starting this thread.
Regarding ayahuasca and the closing of Betfair account we are sorry to inform you that we still do not have an update on the situation regarding your account. Since the account is now locked we are waiting for a reply from Betfair on the last status of the account. Once we have the information we will inform via email accordingly and we thank you for your patience.

Regarding Betmantra exchange at the moment it is unavailable due to an operating agreement that Betmantra has with Betfair.
You can still log in as usual and rest assured your balances are safe. All open bets will be settled regularly; however, you will not be able to place a new bet until the migration to new infrastructure is completed.

We want to apologize for this inconvenience; we can move your funds to other products we have or make a withdrawal excluding your open bets of course. If you need more information please do not hesitate to contact us via e-mail or Skype.

BetInAsia is working on many new and exciting projects for the new year and we really appreciate your feedback.
Happy holidays everyone!
pipophile
Gaining experience

View Profile

pipophile

« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2019, 01:49:10 PM »

Betfair is not correct. If all the agents (betinasia, bet ibc, etc.) who offered betfair accounts answer to their customers (who have their money blocked) that they are waiting for information from betfair it must be true. Why and until when will Betfair keep the money of many people? Betfair is not correct! What can we do ?
jurassic88
Gaining experience

View Profile

jurassic88

« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2020, 02:11:11 AM »

So, how does this "migration" proceed?
Anybody has info? First thing i will do is to get my cash back, i will never trust brokers anymore
paulkot
Gaining experience

View Profile

paulkot

« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2020, 04:07:18 PM »

As i know the only functional broker right now is orbit
ayahuasca
Gaining experience

View Profile

ayahuasca

« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2020, 03:54:00 PM »

Near to a month has passed, and not a single new about the locked money.
I would like to know a little more in detail what betinasia has been doing actively to recover their clients money from betfair. Or you just sit and wait forever? Can you give us some details Betinasia?
Betfair said in the only email they sent that they would contact us a week after to return the money. Nothing has been sent after. Someone is scamming us? Is Betfair not trustable? I don't want to think that. I want to see betinasia handle this with a little more effort or I'll just lose my faith in this broker.

pipophile
Gaining experience

View Profile

pipophile

« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2020, 11:47:34 PM »

It is not possible that all agents keep our money when betfair returns it. Brokers must do what they can to recover this money. The only thing that worries me is: is Betfair able to confiscate this money?
Pages: [1] 2
Print