SBO/IBC still sharps?

Share ideas and experience on bookmakers. Search before starting any account
Littletroll1
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

SBO/IBC still sharps?

Sun Jan 19, 2020 5:04 am

Hey guys.

After the whole controversy about SBO and IBC, do we still consider them sharps?

I can personally say that using them as reference for valuebetting vs softs the past 500-600 bets have not yielded any profit, so I'm starting to question whether it's just variance or they have gone down the drain.

And what's the alternative then? Pinnacle with not nearly as many matches on offer. Bet365 maybe?
Littletroll1
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Re: SBO/IBC still sharps?

Sun Jan 19, 2020 6:01 am

Or maybe we're better off using some of the other Asians?

ISN, Singbet, SBC etc.

My impression is however that ISN does not offer a lot of markets, Singbet has a lot of wrong odds that they void and I don't have much knowledge of SBC.
Littletroll1
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:17 am

No opinions on this?! Seems like one of the most pressing issues right now.
alealeale
Totally Pro
Totally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally Pro

Tue Jan 21, 2020 6:27 am

Hello, here is my Sbobet stats during the last ten years:
Never been very strong compared to Pinnacle or exchanges, expecially now

https://arbusers.com/viewtopic.php?p=68729#p68729
(2019 complete is +15872  :o)
Last edited by alealeale on Tue Jan 21, 2020 6:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Littletroll1
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:27 pm

Ok interesting, so it's actually never been very sharp compared to Pinnacle.

How many bets per year is this?

Does anyone have stats on Bet365 vs softs on soccer?
alealeale
Totally Pro

Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:36 pm

I took a random month (mar17) and they were 180.
I suppose 1500-2000 bets per year.
Vrwmikos Paiktis
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:40 am

Thank you alealeale,
I wonder if these stats are because of your style of play. Maybe someone else would have different stats, depending on games, markets, odds, etc. Could you say what bets are you placing in SBO?
Of course, I don't keep any data as you did, but SBO seems to be very strong in football and especially in lower odds, below 1.70. Maybe they are doing mistakes at higher odds.
alealeale
Totally Pro

Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:10 am

Vrwmikos Paiktis wrote: Thank you alealeale,
I wonder if these stats are because of your style of play. Maybe someone else would have different stats, depending on games, markets, odds, etc. Could you say what bets are you placing in SBO?
Of course, I don't keep any data as you did, but SBO seems to be very strong in football and especially in lower odds, below 1.70. Maybe they are doing mistakes at higher odds.
Probably you are right indeed it has been a long time since I have been betting on agents for big matches and on Sbobet only when it's the only one that provides these niche markets.
Vrwmikos Paiktis
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:53 am

Thank you for confirming my initial thoughts alealeale. Also thank you for providing your statistics.
There are three types of lies... lies, damn lies, and statistics. We must be very careful with statistics as everything depends on how you read them and some time on what you want to extract from them.
Samael
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Fri Jan 31, 2020 12:14 pm

Guys i dont understand this.
Some popular events on sbobet are now drastically low.I look at early nba and its about 100 euros.

What would happen if someone bashed those low lines?sbobet just brings them up to be same like Pinnacle odds or?
I assume it has to because with limits like this there should be ton of arbs between pinn and sbo
kapetan1122
To become a Pro
To become a ProTo become a ProTo become a Pro

Fri Jan 31, 2020 1:18 pm

Samael wrote: Guys i dont understand this.
Some popular events on sbobet are now drastically low.I look at early nba and its about 100 euros.

What would happen if someone bashed those low lines?sbobet just brings them up to be same like Pinnacle odds or?
I assume it has to because with limits like this there should be ton of arbs between pinn and sbo
There are probably lot of arbs occuring but bots do their jobs and even odds in matter of seconds,so anybody with such small limits cant be sharp same like pinni is not sharp for lot of smaller sports/leagues
Samael
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Fri Jan 31, 2020 2:16 pm

kapetan1122 wrote:
Samael wrote: Guys i dont understand this.

There are probably lot of arbs occuring but bots do their jobs and even odds in matter of seconds,so anybody with such small limits cant be sharp same like pinni is not sharp for lot of smaller sports/leagues
yes i think the same,altough with that said you are able to place more on Sbo then limits suggest.
if they push odds back you just repeat bet right?

Return to “Bookies discussion”