RebelBetting - Turn betting into investing

being scammed by localbitcoin

Anything else but gambling
jagas
To become a Pro
To become a ProTo become a ProTo become a Pro

being scammed by localbitcoin

Sun Feb 02, 2020 10:44 am

Guys please i need advise and what to do.
2 days ago, my localbitcoin account was blocked and i got a call from someone who claimed to be working there. it said my account has to go under AML VERIFICATION and note, my account has completed all this verifications since and is allowed for unlimited trade and selling.
But i decided to continue, he said that i have 1btc in my account and to do the Aml verification, i need to deposit additonal 1btc. I told him i did not have that and does it mean that everyone has to get such amount to verify and he said it is a Must. finally i arranged for 0.3btc and told him i would send that and that i want to see my account first. He told my that my account has been disabled but he can allow me access into it, to do that, he sent me a password which felt was fishy but yet i logined.
The 1btc i had in my account has automatically be placed on hold, i could not see it in the real balance but in my profile, you can see it that it is there pending verification.
Yesterday i sent the 0.3btc and this guy said that it was not enough and i sent more 0.7, i sent another 0.75 and he told me that if i sent more or less that it is useless. i must send extra 0.7btc.  Now i was getting angry and frustrate becaus the rule dont make sense but after much pushing, i sent the extra 0.7btc and he showed me the account again and i could see that my balance was 0 but then under the profile, i had 2.7btc whicch is all the btc i should haave in my account.

Finally he said that the verifciation window is closed and i did not do it on time but i had to send him a wallet to withdrawl my money and that wallet must have 1btc  and above in it and also i need to give him my 1 to 12 blockchain words.
Now i got scared and angry and told him i will not do that and he said to call him back when i want to.
Now i am suree i am being scammed but i am having a feeling that localbitcoin is involved itself in this. whats going on here, how can this person have every information about me and be able to block and unblock my acocunt and then show me everything in my account like it is his and be able to send message also from localbitcoin email.

all this are fishy but please what do i do now
ppintaluba
Pro
ProProProPro

Re: being scammed by localbitcoin

Sun Feb 02, 2020 11:19 am

Have you contacted LBC support (not the person who contacted you) and told them the case?
Smart Bet Tracker
www.smartbettracker.com
Trevorr
Has experience
Has experienceHas experience

Sun Feb 02, 2020 11:30 am

"....he said that i have 1btc in my account and to do the Aml verification, i need to deposit additonal 1btc. I told him i did not have that and does it mean that everyone has to get such amount to verify and he said it is a Must...."
What kind of nonsense is this, I would be really very offensive to him, it's so obviously scam.
jagas
To become a Pro

Sun Feb 02, 2020 12:59 pm

being writing to localbitcoin and they are not replying. Funny thing is i requested recover password and change password, but i am not getting any of those details
makarid
To become a Pro

Sun Feb 02, 2020 11:18 pm

jagas wrote: Guys please i need advise and what to do.
2 days ago, my localbitcoin account was blocked and i got a call from someone who claimed to be working there. it said my account has to go under AML VERIFICATION and note, my account has completed all this verifications since and is allowed for unlimited trade and selling.
But i decided to continue, he said that i have 1btc in my account and to do the Aml verification, i need to deposit additonal 1btc. I told him i did not have that and does it mean that everyone has to get such amount to verify and he said it is a Must. finally i arranged for 0.3btc and told him i would send that and that i want to see my account first. He told my that my account has been disabled but he can allow me access into it, to do that, he sent me a password which felt was fishy but yet i logined.
The 1btc i had in my account has automatically be placed on hold, i could not see it in the real balance but in my profile, you can see it that it is there pending verification.
Yesterday i sent the 0.3btc and this guy said that it was not enough and i sent more 0.7, i sent another 0.75 and he told me that if i sent more or less that it is useless. i must send extra 0.7btc.  Now i was getting angry and frustrate becaus the rule dont make sense but after much pushing, i sent the extra 0.7btc and he showed me the account again and i could see that my balance was 0 but then under the profile, i had 2.7btc whicch is all the btc i should haave in my account.

Finally he said that the verifciation window is closed and i did not do it on time but i had to send him a wallet to withdrawl my money and that wallet must have 1btc  and above in it and also i need to give him my 1 to 12 blockchain words.
Now i got scared and angry and told him i will not do that and he said to call him back when i want to.
Now i am suree i am being scammed but i am having a feeling that localbitcoin is involved itself in this. whats going on here, how can this person have every information about me and be able to block and unblock my acocunt and then show me everything in my account like it is his and be able to send message also from localbitcoin email.

all this are fishy but please what do i do now
Hello, obviously this guy is not an employee of localbitcoins. All these stuff that you have posted are scam from the first post of his. There isn't any AML verification procedure that require to deposit more money!
One question, have you enabled 2 factor authentication to your localbitcoins account? If not, then this guy have access to your account and that is why he knows all these stuff. About the blocked btc on your account. Have you checked if these are on any open trade, that they are on hold or something? Maybe he has create a trade with his account and then accept his trade with your account in order to transfer the btc funds to his account. So you have to check the trade history.

But the first thing to do is: 1) check that the email in your account is yours and not someone else.Then reset your password and after that enable 2 factor authentication. DO NOT SEND ANY MORE BTC!
Last edited by makarid on Sun Feb 02, 2020 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jagas
To become a Pro

Mon Feb 03, 2020 6:21 am

Yeah it was a scam
makarid
To become a Pro

Mon Feb 03, 2020 10:50 am

jagas wrote: Yeah it was a scam
Be careful mate. Anyone that asks you to send him crypto funds or the 12 words seed values for some special reason or something is a scam. Take care.
arbusers
Administrator
AdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministrator

Mon Feb 03, 2020 11:23 am

All the incident shouts scam from miles away. You managed it wrongly, sorry to say that. Now the damage looks to be much bigger than what you could (potentially) lose in the first place.
jagas
To become a Pro

Mon Feb 03, 2020 7:45 pm

yes, just bitting myself how stupid i was but it was weekend and i was stressed with arbing and other stuffs and didnt even have time to think properly, was just trying to withdraw my money and use it. Also, it was a 3 party account.

Well, i learnt my lesson though, cant believe i forgot the 2 stepp code access method

Return to “Rest Area”