RebelBetting - Turn betting into investing

Imei number

Ask anything about smart gambling
mo
movahedy

Imei number

Sat Mar 07, 2020 7:21 pm

Hi
If we create new account (with clear cookie and change ip) afther limiting in bookie with same mobile they can find us with imei number of phone?(All mobiles have imei number that not changed afther reset factory )
If we dont use bookie app and only login via web browser they still can recognized ?
dealer wins
Totally Pro
Totally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally Pro

Re: Imei number

Sat Mar 07, 2020 8:31 pm

No, IMEI numbers are not carried by the internet protocol used when a cell phone is being used as a hotspot or using your browser on the phone. Not sure when a bookie app is installed on the phone but 99% sure it wont have access to the IMEI.
Never trust a goose!!!
arctrading
Has experience
Has experienceHas experience

Mon Mar 09, 2020 8:09 pm

dealer wins wrote: No, IMEI numbers are not carried by the internet protocol used when a cell phone is being used as a hotspot or using your browser on the phone. Not sure when a bookie app is installed on the phone but 99% sure it wont have access to the IMEI.
dealer is 100% right. Even when app is installed on your phone, it must ask a certain permission to have all the phone information which is not legal(in a way as digital fingerprinting). They get the usual info thats all.
dealer wins
Totally Pro
Totally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally Pro

Mon Mar 09, 2020 8:34 pm

Bear in mind, that they can use your device fingerprint to pretty accurately identify if the device is being used on more than one account, you can run a test on many sites to see if your digital fingerprint is unique. One such site here https://amiunique.org/fp
Never trust a goose!!!
risilloch
Has experience
Has experienceHas experience

Tue Mar 10, 2020 8:10 am

arctrading wrote:
dealer is 100% right. Even when app is installed on your phone, ...
I don't get why you would install a bookies app? What benefit is there for you to do so?
I go to the website via a browser because i don't trust any app not to harvest data against my permission.

And i would never use the same phone across different logons (second hand ones are so cheap)
so i don't really care about digital fingerprints - i just change my fingerprint

Return to “Newbie's questions”