RebelBetting - Turn betting into investing

Skrill closing accounts

Skrill: VIP accounts | Highest Limits | Reduced costs
Kokos, CFA
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Skrill closing accounts

Wed Mar 11, 2020 2:30 pm

Hi, I was informed Skrill decided to close my account. They do not cite specific reason (see below). Are they in their rights to do so (without telling me what T&C were breached)? Did that happen to any of you?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear XXX,

We are sorry to inform you that during a recent audit of your Skrill account, we found reasonable grounds to discontinue our business relationship. Please withdraw your outstanding balance to a bank account in your name. Once your current balance is withdrawn, your account will closed automatically. Please note that this decision is final.

More information on the issue is available in section 11 of the Terms and Conditions you accepted when you registered. The following articles also apply:

4. Opening Your Skrill Account
[ ... ]
4.5. All information you provide during the signup process or any time thereafter must be accurate and truthful.
[ ... ]
16. Termination and suspension
[ ... ]
16.4. We may at any time suspend or terminate your Skrill Account without notice if:
16.4.1. you breach any condition of these Terms of Use or any other condition applicable to specific services covered by separate terms and conditions;

We appreciate your understanding.

Kind regards,

Account Enquiries Team
campeones
To become a Pro
To become a ProTo become a ProTo become a Pro

Re: Skrill closing accounts

Thu Mar 12, 2020 2:48 am

PaySafe Group is closing accounts massively during these last months and after all these successive AML laws and directives that came into force.
I believe they don't even know why they are closing your account. I think they close all accounts that get filtered without even trying to audit them deeper.
In your case, it would be a number of p2p transactions that raised the flag.
Did you receive any warning e-mail before that asking you for documents or explanations?
Kokos, CFA
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Thu Mar 12, 2020 4:46 pm

Thank you for your reply campeones. Yes, I did receive an email asking for explanation of the purpose of using the account. They did not ask for any documents. The number of p2p transactions might be high. Why would that be a problem for Skrill?
apoel81
Pro
ProProProPro

Thu Mar 12, 2020 6:47 pm

Kokos, CFA wrote: Thank you for your reply campeones. Yes, I did receive an email asking for explanation of the purpose of using the account. They did not ask for any documents. The number of p2p transactions might be high. Why would that be a problem for Skrill?
Depends of the number of p2p transactions. Even a bank may close your account if you are having incoming transactions from suspicious senders. Account was used for multiaccounting via bangladesh/south american/bankan accounts?
yerzhankanaf

Sun Mar 22, 2020 1:48 pm

The account is not closed most likely, but simply frozen!
And your money is just waiting for a transfer to the bank!
Only after withdrawing your money, they will close your account!
And rightly so) Pravavda, the suburbs do not understand why they make decisions atka ...

Return to “Skrill”