RebelBetting - Turn betting into investing

Stocks & coronavirus

Where to invest the surplus of funds
freezig1
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Stocks & coronavirus

Sun Mar 15, 2020 6:30 am

Coronavirus slammed stocks and triggered  market chaos.

I believe stocks of dating sites, airlines, booking hotels will keep going down.

In the other hand gold companies, pharmaceutical produces will be rise during this period.

What is your thoughts ?
Alfa1234
Totally Pro
Totally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally Pro

Re: Stocks & coronavirus

Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:31 am

We are heading for a global recession and probably a depression, individual stocks rarely go up strongly in times like those although it's not impossible and incredibly hard to predict.  I believe the worst is yet to come, not only in terms of the virus spreading and more countries adopting quarantine and lockdown measures like Italy, but also an almost complete economic shutdown which will be felt for years to come.  The market could drop another 30-50% in the coming months...then it would be time to start buying trackers/ETF's and ride the bull market again. 

Getting in slowly with limited amounts can start now as we are already about 30% from the peak and it's probably not the worst time to get in again, the market will recover although it may take time.
CharlieSheen99
Pro
ProProProPro

Re: Stocks & coronavirus

Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:31 pm

Since 31st of January, when Coronavirus arrived in Europe.

Hotels:
Marriot international: -46%
Hilton group: -69%

Airlines:
IAG: -65%
Delta Airlines: -61%

Bookmakers:
WilliamHill: -77%
GVC: -58%

It could be interesting to analize the impact of coronavirus depending on the business that one company is doing and the exposure to one country or another.

How to extract petroleum from this dates, i have to recognize that i don't have any idea.

About Airlines, president of Lufthansa, said a few days ago, that some of them will need a rescue from governments.

Return to “Stock Markets and Cryptos”