Best country to migrate to in order to become a professional gambler

Ask anything about smart gambling
Blackoutt777
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Best country to migrate to in order to become a professional gambler

Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:34 pm

Hello people,

I want to start this thread in order to see if there are users of this forum willing to share opinions and experiences about migrating to a country and start being a professional gambler there (for EU citizens especially).
Which is the best country where you can move to, open a bank account with banks that are gaming friendly and use agents in a fully legal way?

A pro gambler might have his income coming from betting activities only, so finding a bank that allows you to do just these kind of transactions is a crucial part. I am considering using a bank account at this point because of the amounts involved.
Beware that some agents might be accessible via internet, letting you open an account with them, but are not legal according to the country law (as in Italy for example). So this "ideal" country has to be extremely betting friendly as well.

To make it short, is there a Super friendly betting country that allows anyone to live and operate from? This country does not necessarily need to be a EU country but Pinnacle or agents are a must nowadays.

I find the argument really complex and the idea of migrating itself takes huge efforts physically and psychologically. A lot of things to be considered in order to act legally (residency, taxes etc.).
It would be great if people who recently migrated to a country for gambling purposes can share their experiences.
Last edited by Blackoutt777 on Wed Apr 22, 2020 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cigo
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Re: Best country to migrate to in order to become a professional gambler

Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:53 pm

balkan
JamesMiller
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:06 pm

The UK is good for betting indeed
arctrading
Has experience
Has experienceHas experience

Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:55 pm

I had same question a month ago. So far you can migrate to UK, Ireland and Austria (without gambling tax on winnings) if we talk about EU. Beware that for UK, you cant open agent accounts if i remember correctly. For Ireland, its ok. For Malta, you do need to pay taxes on gambling if you do this professionally or for living. Altough its debated but if tax agency comes and asks you how u make your money and only answer you can give them is via betting then you have to declare taxes.
Other countries are Bulgaria in EU and Germany(so and so countries) Also Slovenia if i remembered correctly then gambling profits were without tax. Most of the countries, gambling laws are in grey area. Which means betting is not a profession as it is with playing poker.

But there are more countries in europe and elsewhere, where you can access asians, banks dont mind gambling transactions and everything is good but you have to declare taxes on your winnings so yeah, depends what you really want.
If you want to have a "clean" business with taxes then its easy to find a country. If you dont want to pay taxes on winnings then kinda harder but not impossible.
Blackoutt777
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:14 pm

arctrading wrote: I had same question a month ago. So far you can migrate to UK, Ireland and Austria (without gambling tax on winnings) if we talk about EU. Beware that for UK, you cant open agent accounts if i remember correctly. For Ireland, its ok. For Malta, you do need to pay taxes on gambling if you do this professionally or for living. Altough its debated but if tax agency comes and asks you how u make your money and only answer you can give them is via betting then you have to declare taxes.
Other countries are Bulgaria in EU and Germany(so and so countries) Also Slovenia if i remembered correctly then gambling profits were without tax. Most of the countries, gambling laws are in grey area. Which means betting is not a profession as it is with playing poker.

But there are more countries in europe and elsewhere, where you can access asians, banks dont mind gambling transactions and everything is good but you have to declare taxes on your winnings so yeah, depends what you really want.
If you want to have a "clean" business with taxes then its easy to find a country. If you dont want to pay taxes on winnings then kinda harder but not impossible.
As I said I want to provide a fully legal way, so if taxes need to be paid in the country I am more than happy to declare the betting income and pay them.
I heard that in Malta a lot of banks are no longer happy to accept people who use them just for betting purposes (this because Malta is in the EU and it was acting in contrast to all other countries, basically I think they forced it to stop being so permissive).
Would be interesting to know from people who live in countries such as Slovenia, Germany, Ireland and Bulgaria if agents are considered fully legal there by their governments. This would represent a first step  ;D
Last edited by Blackoutt777 on Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blackoutt777
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:00 am

cigo wrote: balkan
Could you elaborate a little please? Do you have experience in these countries?
Thanks
arctrading
Has experience

Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:58 am

Blackoutt777 wrote:
arctrading wrote: I had same question a month ago. So far you can migrate to UK, Ireland and Austria (without gambling tax on winnings) if we talk about EU. Beware that for UK, you cant open agent accounts if i remember correctly. For Ireland, its ok. For Malta, you do need to pay taxes on gambling if you do this professionally or for living. Altough its debated but if tax agency comes and asks you how u make your money and only answer you can give them is via betting then you have to declare taxes.

As I said I want to provide a fully legal way, so if taxes need to be paid in the country I am more than happy to declare the betting income and pay them.
I heard that in Malta a lot of banks are no longer happy to accept people who use them just for betting purposes (this because Malta is in the EU and it was acting in contrast to all other countries, basically I think they forced it to stop being so permissive).
Would be interesting to know from people who live in countries such as Slovenia, Germany, Ireland and Bulgaria if agents are considered fully legal there by their governments. This would represent a first step  ;D
U can live basically in most of the countries in EU if you dont care about the tax burden. Regarding with malta then u can open N26 account and no one cares. You just put there your Maltese tax code or whatever its called and ur done.  Finland is also a country without betting tax and you can access agents from there also.
Basically, gambling is legal and ok (with some places you have to pay taxes) in most cheap or cold countries in EU.  Regarding with Slovenia, Germany, Ireland and Bulgaria, then Germany is all ok with gambling altough grey area, Ireland does not care(similar laws as in UK except UK resident cant open acc with agent).

Basically if you tell what you looking for then it would be easyer for people to help. Right now you say you want to have a fully legal way to operate. Then you have many countries where you can operate and pay your share of taxes. Heck you can even apply for Estonian e-residency, register a business there with max fees of 300€ and you just have to pay for accountant once a year or every month depends how you want. You dont even have to live in Estonia and you can pay dividends with 20% tax only on your profits so its pretty easy. But only drawdown is that you must operate with agents who allow corporate accounts.
autobetting
Has experience

Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:12 pm

i think part of the questio goes into the direction of sharbing. while it was a goldmine in austria years ago it has diminished. with admiral ou wont find any more blunders or arbable situations. furthermore you need to register yourself with all shops. you will need to use the "other people" route however this comes with some obvious risks. i still do sharbing from time to time with some runners. i pay them a fixed amount per bet. personally i dont even am allowed to enter the shop with some employees. same happen in the uk. while its basically a usefull source with some brands they will have you on their list and even ban you from betting in their shops. you need to dig a litle bit deeper nowadays.
CptShark
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:20 pm

autobetting wrote: i think part of the questio goes into the direction of sharbing. while it was a goldmine in austria years ago it has diminished. with admiral ou wont find any more blunders or arbable situations. furthermore you need to register yourself with all shops. you will need to use the "other people" route however this comes with some obvious risks. i still do sharbing from time to time with some runners. i pay them a fixed amount per bet. personally i dont even am allowed to enter the shop with some employees. same happen in the uk. while its basically a usefull source with some brands they will have you on their list and even ban you from betting in their shops. you need to dig a litle bit deeper nowadays.
I see you have some knowledge with the austrian shop market. We need to register in the shop in order to place any bet? You mention admiral, is it the same with tipp3 and tipico?

It is not possible to bet in shop anonymously thru a machine?
autobetting
Has experience

Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:56 pm

admiral and cashpoint need to be registered. in parts of austria you can still bet anonym with 70,- per bet. tipico i only use for automated betting not shop arbing. there have been varous troubles with tipico shop owners down the years refusing to pay out or ban you from the shop if you constantly take away money from them. since they are on a revenue model they will lose money if some sharps are taking advantage of their mistakes. i remember when i was involved in a ht/ft fix in the french second division they refused to pay out . at the end of the day i got the money threatening them with police ,however expect troubles when you deal with them.
tipp3 i never used since their limits are a joke.
CptShark
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:29 pm

autobetting wrote: admiral and cashpoint need to be registered. in parts of austria you can still bet anonym with 70,- per bet. tipico i only use for automated betting not shop arbing. there have been varous troubles with tipico shop owners down the years refusing to pay out or ban you from the shop if you constantly take away money from them. since they are on a revenue model they will lose money if some sharps are taking advantage of their mistakes. i remember when i was involved in a ht/ft fix in the french second division they refused to pay out . at the end of the day i got the money threatening them with police ,however expect troubles when you deal with them.
tipp3 i never used since their limits are a joke.
Do you know if in Vienna and Lower Austria we can bet anonymous up to 70€?

Sad to read about tipico, I usually can find good value in their odds and was planning to sharbing when they limit me online.
Have you ever done a bet/sharbing run to Slovakia? I've been thinking about it as my last resort plan
autobetting
Has experience

Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:48 pm

lower austria is allowed for 70 anonym. you need to take into account the time you waste in those shops with a lot of crazy people. i dont go into slovakia nor another country anymore. you will get banned sooner or later. you need to set this up as a business with runners,employees,spreading money,calculate losses caused by theft from the runers and emloyees,etc....
Jouban
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:31 pm

In Bulgaria there are no taxes on Gambling winnings and there is access to the brokers. The Gambling commission used to block a lot of softbooks due to licensing and they even went as far as to delay Bet365's license by 2 years, because the local books were bribing them. But people used mirror sites for all the softies anyway, so it was never really a problem.

Logistically it's a great for Gambling. I had dealings with IRS, but if you describe the process of betting and moving your money around, they will be cool. Speaking from a local's POV tho, so keep that in mind.

I myself wanted to move elsewhere, because i'd like a change of pace as well. I was thinking Colombia or somewhere else in South America, so if there is anyone from there, please elaborate on the situation a little bit. I was thinking of contacting ''campeones'', as i know he is from Colombia, but i think it's against the rules. Mate, if you see this, i'd really appreciate some input on the matter :)
Blackoutt777
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:56 pm

Jouban wrote: In Bulgaria there are no taxes on Gambling winnings and there is access to the brokers. The Gambling commission used to block a lot of softbooks due to licensing and they even went as far as to delay Bet365's license by 2 years, because the local books were bribing them. But people used mirror sites for all the softies anyway, so it was never really a problem.

Logistically it's a great for Gambling. I had dealings with IRS, but if you describe the process of betting and moving your money around, they will be cool. Speaking from a local's POV tho, so keep that in mind.
If this would occur to me I won't be able to speak Bulgarian with them for sure, so it might be a problem. Dealing with IRS means the bank you used "reported" you to them, is that so?
betmachine
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:16 pm

Blackoutt777 wrote: Hello people,

I want to start this thread in order to see if there are users of this forum willing to share opinions and experiences about migrating to a country and start being a professional gambler there (for EU citizens especially).
Which is the best country where you can move to, open a bank account with banks that are gaming friendly (allowing betting transactions) and use agents in a fully legal way?

A pro gambler might have his income coming from betting activities only, so finding a bank that allows you to do just these kind of transactions is a crucial part. I am considering using a bank account at this point because of the amounts involved. It will not be my case, but there are gamblers who are not satisfied when the bookie lets them staking single bets for 3K.
Beware that some agents might be accessible via internet, letting you open an account with them, but are not legal according to the country law (as in Italy for example). So this "ideal" country has to be extremely betting friendly as well.

It is probably extremely difficult that a country allows you to live in his territory without having a job there and living of betting, isn't? Could opening a "business" there be a way to overcome this point? Even if you don't have any skills and you will not generate any income (or very little one compared to the one from betting) from this "business". Simple and stupid ideas that come to my mind are registering a noprofit business, creating a website where you can sell a very few things (your pictures etc).

To make it short, is there a Super friendly betting country that allows anyone to live and operate from? This country does not necessarily need to be a EU country but Pinnacle or agents are a must nowdays.

I am sorry if my writing is not that good, but I find the argument really complex and the idea of migrating itself takes huge efforts physically and psychologically . A lot of things to be considered in order to act legally (residency, taxes etc.).
It would be great if people who recently migrated to a country for gambling purposes can share their experiences.
In the case this topic will have even a little bit of success we can keep it updated with new experiences.

P.S I will edit the post later if I find more clear ways to expose my thoughts, but I think the main idea is easily understandable.
    Moldova , Ucraina best location ..

Return to “Newbie's questions”