RebelBetting - Turn betting into investing

S&P500 value zones identified

Where to invest the surplus of funds
CharlieSheen99
Pro
ProProProPro

Re: S&P500 value zones identified

Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:26 pm

Half of the world's economy is totally dead, tourism is already 0%, bars and restaurants are 30-40%, almost every sector is at minimum, US has +1000 deaths everyday since 3 months ago,......and......at the same time, SP500 is close to a new all time record.

There is someone in this forum that could explain what the hell is happening?
I don't know about economics cycles, but i have eyes. And, what i see is a fucking disaster worldwide.
I hope that someone here can convince me of the opposite.

Cheers.
turbobets
Has experience
Has experienceHas experience

Sat Aug 08, 2020 2:43 am

Globalist (corporations) benefiting by failing small business'. Just my 2 cents.
arbusers
Administrator
AdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministrator

Sat Aug 08, 2020 5:34 am

CharlieSheen99 wrote: Half of the world's economy is totally dead, tourism is already 0%, bars and restaurants are 30-40%, almost every sector is at minimum, US has +1000 deaths everyday since 3 months ago,......and......at the same time, SP500 is close to a new all time record.

There is someone in this forum that could explain what the hell is happening?
I don't know about economics cycles, but i have eyes. And, what i see is a fucking disaster worldwide.
I hope that someone here can convince me of the opposite.

Cheers.
The explanation that I give can be found here:
https://arbusers.com/viewtopic.php?p=77119#p77119
In short, there is an unprecedented money printing orgy from the FED and other central banks, that keeps stock prices up, and supports millions of people through Paycheck Protection Programs.
At this point of time, I would avoid any US stock.
alexunder
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Sun Aug 09, 2020 11:51 am

Amazing post, please keep updating with your ideas!
balls of steele
Has experience
Has experienceHas experience

Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:37 am

I m fed up with the BTC and ETH posts from arbusers, so I thought to bump up this thread that he made no money, seeing a new all time high of the SP500 passing by.
Alfa1234
Totally Pro
Totally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally Pro

Wed Jan 27, 2021 12:38 pm

Should it drop 60% to even value zone 1 now, we will be in the deepest crisis capitalism has ever faced and the Western world will be on the brink of collapse.  I hope it never happens.
CharlieSheen99
Pro
ProProProPro

Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:09 pm

Alfa1234 wrote: Should it drop 60% to even value zone 1 now, we will be in the deepest crisis capitalism has ever faced and the Western world will be on the brink of collapse.  I hope it never happens.
I don't see the future of Europe and the Western World clear, and it's not because of this pandemic, i said that before. Every South Asia country managed the virus much better than Western World. Political decisions cannot explain that. What i see is that all our system, our way to understand the relations with others, our way to understand the individual and the community, our education, our way to understand the freedom, our rights, our culture and values, our way to understand the politics, and the economy. Everything is in question. And we are seeing a new civilization going directly to the controls of the world's power, at the same time that the Western World is more divided than ever. It's not only the USA. In all Europe we see the same problems, and the same division between the people. At the same time, this Asian countries goes like a rocket, with plans for their countries, for the next 30 years. The first thing that Biden did, as POTUS, was put again the US in the Paris accordance. He will try to destroy everything that Trump did. And Trump tried to destroy everything that Obama did.

Divide et Impera said Julio César, Napoleón, and.......Xi Jinping.
arbusers
Administrator

Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:56 pm

Short positions can be very dangerous and there are only 4-5 people in this world that can do this sport successfully.

Let's use this graph as a reference: https://arbusers.com/viewtopic.php?p=76162#p76162
Wolfie
Totally Pro

Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:50 pm

arbusers wrote: Short positions can be very dangerous and there are only 4-5 people in this world that can do this sport successfully.
Statistically entering the market buying low is better than entering the market selling high. Thats because world economy is always bullish in long run.
Skaggerak
Pro
ProProProPro

Sat Jan 30, 2021 3:19 pm

Has this whole Gamestop fiasco got anybody thinking more about shorting the market? What's that old adage to do with when the average person on the street is talking you know trouble is brewing. This episode feels like a potential milestone for the current market, where one of two things potentially happens.

1. The new 'ordinary' punter is integrated into the market, causing a power shift where this bleeding of hedge funds creates a new different playing field. The market as whole remains stable, but things become fairer in some sense, as ordinary people become more empowered by aspects of 'insider trading' that the big wigs have had for so long.

2. The influx of casual traders overvalues everything. Everyone wants in on the stock market and nobody really knows what's going on. We potentially see the doomsday, the 60% cited above, serious apocalyptic tin foil hat shit. Look at crypto with a broader lens and we can se extreme change in the microscosm of these last ten years. Maybe the market as a whole begins to imitate crypto volitilty as more people cause chaos.

Just shower thoughts really, but I have a feeling that a lot of people are going to feel a lot of pain very soon. Based on a lot of bearish heuristics perhaps.
makarid
To become a Pro
To become a ProTo become a ProTo become a Pro

Sun Jan 31, 2021 9:05 am

Skaggerak wrote: Has this whole Gamestop fiasco got anybody thinking more about shorting the market? What's that old adage to do with when the average person on the street is talking you know trouble is brewing. This episode feels like a potential milestone for the current market, where one of two things potentially happens.

1. The new 'ordinary' punter is integrated into the market, causing a power shift where this bleeding of hedge funds creates a new different playing field. The market as whole remains stable, but things become fairer in some sense, as ordinary people become more empowered by aspects of 'insider trading' that the big wigs have had for so long.

2. The influx of casual traders overvalues everything. Everyone wants in on the stock market and nobody really knows what's going on. We potentially see the doomsday, the 60% cited above, serious apocalyptic tin foil hat shit. Look at crypto with a broader lens and we can se extreme change in the microscosm of these last ten years. Maybe the market as a whole begins to imitate crypto volitilty as more people cause chaos.

Just shower thoughts really, but I have a feeling that a lot of people are going to feel a lot of pain very soon. Based on a lot of bearish heuristics perhaps.
This thing with Gamestop and reddit shows us that the internet platforms can change the rules of the game. I don't believe that it will be finish very soon. In my opinion it just has started. Until a catalyst happens and reverse it. Now the retards all over the world will play the wallstreet game with the weapons that hedge funds used. Every once in a while a new stock tip will be posted on this forum and will create a snowball effect.
arbusers
Administrator

Sun Jan 31, 2021 12:42 pm

As a side note, the GME scandal will make shorts think twice before shorting BTC, because BTC's power of network is far stronger than GME or any other stock.

These are phenomena cluing us we are close to a top for the S&P, if not already seen.
Wolfie
Totally Pro

Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:21 am

arbusers wrote: As a side note, the GME scandal will make shorts think twice before shorting BTC, because BTC's power of network is far stronger than GME or any other stock.

These are phenomena cluing us we are close to a top for the S&P, if not already seen.
The fundamental problem with GME was that this idiots shorted more shares than shares that actually exist. So if the price goes up they go broke and they dont have enough money to give to the winners who rised the prices up.
Last edited by Wolfie on Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
arbusers
Administrator

Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:40 am

Wolfie wrote:
arbusers wrote: As a side note, the GME scandal will make shorts think twice before shorting BTC, because BTC's power of network is far stronger than GME or any other stock.

The fundamental problem with GME was that this idiots shorted more shares than shares that actually exist. So if the price goes up they go broke and they dont have enough money to give to the winners who rised the prices up.
How do you know that Robinhood actually has the BTCs sold to their clients?
Wolfie
Totally Pro

Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:50 am

arbusers wrote:
Wolfie wrote:

How do you know that Robinhood actually has the BTCs sold to their clients?
That would be an amateur move, because it would mean they shorted btc. And considering the volatility of btc they would risk their entire business this way.

Return to “Stock Markets and Cryptos”