Stock platforms

Where to invest the surplus of funds
gamblehappier
Pro
ProProProPro

Stock platforms

Sat Mar 28, 2020 2:12 am

Stock platforms

Hello guys,after a lot of years on arbing-trading i decide to make the jump to stocks.I believe that there are a lot of members who want to make the jump,but they do not know how to start.Also there are members here,who occupy for years,so their help will be useful for all of us.

First of all i will post some platform stocks that i found reliable from google.

Fidelity Investments: Best Online Broker
TD Ameritrade: Best Broker for Beginners
tastyworks: Best Broker for Options
Interactive Brokers: Best Broker for Advanced Traders
Charles Schwab – Best for customer service.
Robinhood – Best for digital user experience.
E-Trade – Best for ongoing education.

I saw that also Alfaa1234 use Flatex,Would be good to share experience.

Some of them (TAmeritrade,Fidelity) do not accept people outside US(I tested myself).

So i decide to use interactive brokers which is also for advanced traders.I do 2 days paper trading and watch some tutorial at youtube to learn the platform.They look to have a really very good platfrom,with too much details.

1)Anyone here use Interactive broker can share experience.

2)If someone here want to share opinion about another trustable broker will be useful.

At my registration at interactive brokers i saw that they ask a lot of personal questions(source of income,vat registration number,how much money you get per year etc.).I also read that if you do not have 45.000 per year income,and 2 years experience in stocks maybe they will reject you.Is it true?

I send my documents and wait reply.Maybe they will reject me which i think is a little crazy.Also for depositing funds,they only accept if you go to your physical bank and make the transaction from your bank(maybe this is for first deposit).I think is bizzare that in our days,you cannot deposit with Revolut-Paypal(especially) or Skrill-Neteller,or even a  physical bank card.

-Anyone who use Interactive brokers will be useful to answer some of the above.

-Anyone can share another trustable broker with much less verification-registration and depositing difficulties,will be useful for all of us.
Believe to yourself is the secret to success.
makarid
To become a Pro
To become a ProTo become a ProTo become a Pro

Re: Stock platforms

Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:28 am

gamblehappier wrote: Stock platforms

Hello guys,after a lot of years on arbing-trading i decide to make the jump to stocks.I believe that there are a lot of members who want to make the jump,but they do not know how to start.Also there are members here,who occupy for years,so their help will be useful for all of us.

First of all i will post some platform stocks that i found reliable from google.

Fidelity Investments: Best Online Broker
TD Ameritrade: Best Broker for Beginners
tastyworks: Best Broker for Options
Interactive Brokers: Best Broker for Advanced Traders
Charles Schwab – Best for customer service.
Robinhood – Best for digital user experience.
E-Trade – Best for ongoing education.

I saw that also Alfaa1234 use Flatex,Would be good to share experience.

Some of them (TAmeritrade,Fidelity) do not accept people outside US(I tested myself).

So i decide to use interactive brokers which is also for advanced traders.I do 2 days paper trading and watch some tutorial at youtube to learn the platform.They look to have a really very good platfrom,with too much details.

1)Anyone here use Interactive broker can share experience.

2)If someone here want to share opinion about another trustable broker will be useful.

At my registration at interactive brokers i saw that they ask a lot of personal questions(source of income,vat registration number,how much money you get per year etc.).I also read that if you do not have 45.000 per year income,and 2 years experience in stocks maybe they will reject you.Is it true?

I send my documents and wait reply.Maybe they will reject me which i think is a little crazy.Also for depositing funds,they only accept if you go to your physical bank and make the transaction from your bank(maybe this is for first deposit).I think is bizzare that in our days,you cannot deposit with Revolut-Paypal(especially) or Skrill-Neteller,or even a  physical bank card.

-Anyone who use Interactive brokers will be useful to answer some of the above.

-Anyone can share another trustable broker with much less verification-registration and depositing difficulties,will be useful for all of us.
Hello, i believe that you have choose the best online broker(IB). All of them ask these questions. The trick is to answer that you know a few things on trading, but you are NOT professional! Never tell them that you are professional investor or something like that. You are common person that wants to trade stocks, this will keep you away from huge costs. Do not search for a broker that doesn't asks all these questions, because he will be an unregulated one. Use only the ones that offer direct access to stocks or bonds or etfs and not the ones that offer CFDs(Contract of Difference). Stay away from CFDs and Binary options and you will be fine.
Mtipster
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:29 pm

Not a question about platforms (nice analysis above, BTW, thank you!), but I didn't want to open another topic about stocks, so:

CNBC PRO - is it worth subscribing?

Has anyone subscribed there? I have recently started reading my news there (free version) and I'm generally satisfied, less sensationalism and clickbaits, as I really don't care what Kim Kardashian tweeted (or local copy of her from my country).
They offer subscription - includes some stocks advice, alert emails... any experiences?
What about other similar services, Bloomberg? Something else?
gamblehappier
Pro
ProProProPro

Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:28 pm

I lovethisforum,thanks for answering.Yes IB is very detailed broker.I will keep mind what you said,i am completely newbie.

Their live chat do not work for 2 days and i am waiting their answer after sending my documents.I had a feeling that they will not accept me.I do not have any idea that they ask so many questions at registration.

If they do not accept me i will search for another broker,i will post my search here.

Do you know if they also limit you at this broker?Because i read that also brokers limit accounts like bookmakers.

If anyone can share experience with another trustable broker will be useful.
Mtipster
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Sat Apr 04, 2020 8:33 am

I did a little research of my own, too:

Most of the brokers advertised around don't accept EU citizens.

Out of those accepting us, I'd divide them into 2 gropus:
1. Lower trading fees, but some account monthly fees - Interactive brokers seems a clear winner here
2. Higher trading fees, but no/low monthly fees - better for buy and hold. There are a few good ones here, I would really like to hear your recommendations.
Someone mentioned Flatex - they seem OK, but your German should be fluent.
Swissquote seems OK. Trading fees are high, but high level of safety, too. Any experience from others?
gamblehappier
Pro
ProProProPro

Sat Apr 04, 2020 10:25 pm

Mtipster wrote: I did a little research of my own, too:

Most of the brokers advertised around don't accept EU citizens.

Out of those accepting us, I'd divide them into 2 gropus:
1. Lower trading fees, but some account monthly fees - Interactive brokers seems a clear winner here
2. Higher trading fees, but no/low monthly fees - better for buy and hold. There are a few good ones here, I would really like to hear your recommendations.
Someone mentioned Flatex - they seem OK, but your German should be fluent.
Swissquote seems OK. Trading fees are high, but high level of safety, too. Any experience from others?
Useful info mate.I am waiting 8 days for Interactive Brokers response.I cannot understand why they are so slow at their registration.I believe its due to coronovirus as there are a lot of registrations.I cannot wait anymore,i will go to subscribe to another broker.I do some research and will post my results for other members who are interested.

FIdelity,Tameritrade,Robinhhod are only for US cizitens.I will update the list.

Flatex do not accept all countries,so you may cannot use it.

Charles schwab will now allow like Flatex a lot of countries

Degiro(Netherlands stock platform) will accept a lot of countries.I register also there and i will wait an email.There is also priority there due to a lot of registrations.I believe that i will wait a lot of days.

Saxobank,i register normally and wait reply.They seem to accept a lot of countries.The only thing that was negative was that your fist deposit should be 10k(really?too much for everybody).

I will check also with some other famous stocks brokers and i will update.(e-toro,sweesquote,xtb)
Last edited by gamblehappier on Sat Apr 04, 2020 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mtipster
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Sat Apr 04, 2020 11:20 pm

I noticed Degiro, too. Their fee structure sounds almost too good to be true.
Unfortunately, my country is not listed on the front page, although most of EU are. Probably I should check with them by email.
Wolfie
Totally Pro
Totally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally Pro

Sun Apr 05, 2020 5:04 pm

I can say for sure that saxobank is reliable so there would be no risk keeping 10k there.
Mtipster
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:17 pm

Email from Degiro, allowed countries:
The Netherlands, Italy, France, Austria, Switzerland, Germany, Czech republic, Spain, Portugal, Poland, Greece, Hungary, Denmark, Sweden, United Kingdom, Norway, Finland and Ireland
gamblehappier
Pro
ProProProPro

Mon Apr 06, 2020 12:17 am

Mtipster wrote: Email from Degiro, allowed countries:
The Netherlands, Italy, France, Austria, Switzerland, Germany, Czech republic, Spain, Portugal, Poland, Greece, Hungary, Denmark, Sweden, United Kingdom, Norway, Finland and Ireland
I registered yesterday to Degiro.They seem to be good(google search).My opinion if you are not registered to any platform,try to register to as much as possible,(4-5-6),because there is a lot of delay to registrations.And maybe its is possible to reject you.I also registered to Xtb,they seem to be ok.i will also check know e-toro and sweesquote
Last edited by gamblehappier on Mon Apr 06, 2020 12:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
gamblehappier
Pro
ProProProPro

Mon Apr 06, 2020 12:20 am

Wolfie wrote: I can say for sure that saxobank is reliable so there would be no risk keeping 10k there.
Thanks Wolfie,i will have this tip in mind.But again i believe 10k first deposit is too much.How they attract people?Maybe they occupy with big capitals and high rollers.
Deposit 10k is a big amount of money,for a stock platform that you have never used it before.
Last edited by gamblehappier on Mon Apr 06, 2020 2:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
arbusers
Administrator
AdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministrator

Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:53 am

Information I received from Saxobank indicates a 3 weeks delay before opening an account.
e-Toro is also informing new registrants there are delays.
DeGiro is giving a queue line number of 4 digits.

All these shows there is a wave of new registrations on these platforms. It is also a signal that we have at least one wave down, as this is not indicating capitulation or despair.
Mtipster
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:24 am

One question, regarding e-wallets, CRS and etoro:
Depositing via e-wallet seems the simplest choice for us, but it is a big "no, no", right?

On topic - as Degiro is unavailable in my country, I found tradestation-international global. They offer IB account but with a fee structure better fitting for "buy and hold".
gamblehappier
Pro
ProProProPro

Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:27 pm

Mtipster wrote: One question, regarding e-wallets, CRS and etoro:
Depositing via e-wallet seems the simplest choice for us, but it is a big "no, no", right?

On topic - as Degiro is unavailable in my country, I found tradestation-international global. They offer IB account but with a fee structure better fitting for "buy and hold".
Mpipster subscribe to some of these platforms and see which fits you.Interactive brokers have very good platform.E-toro is the most popular ad on youtube.

There are also some others with high demand like Robinhood .I subscribed to almost all of the above,but i think i will use Interactive brokers.

This topic is good for beginners to know from where to start.This thread will save a lot of time from newbies.
gamblehappier
Pro
ProProProPro

Wed Apr 15, 2020 12:17 pm

I want to share my small experience with you here about Stock Platforms.

I use Interactive brokers and Etoro as my platforms right now.(i know that the second is not the best)

As we had said there are two types of stock players.

1)First those who try to buy low and hold the stocks for a very long time.This happen mainly with famous stocks(apple,fb) and and some others(NDAQ,S&P 500).These stocks its almost impossible to lose their value in the longrun.They continue to go high as the years go by.

2)Those who trade like we do in betfair,for a small profit.Actually try to guessing where there is value and how the line will move.These type of players occupy with all stocks.Need much more experience and you can generate much more money.But you need skills.

So these 2 types of players need another style of brokers.The question is

1)Which brokers offer low commissions and small charges for long term investment(1st player)?

2)Which brokers charges low commissions for everyday trading?(2nd player)?

*Arbusers i will suggest you,to make a thread for newbies,about stock platforms,how commissions work,give a good list of stock brokers etc.I know that this is mainly a betting money forum,but there is a lot of interest about stocks and as i see you also occupy a lot.
A thread of useful informations about stock brokers and some minimal detail,will help a lot.I am not speaking about a very detailed analysis,just the basics,(good list of europe brokers,commissions,why does it worth,and a little detail about trading charges). ;)
Last edited by gamblehappier on Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Stock Markets and Cryptos”