Personal Finance

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Personal Finance  (Read 960 times)
ppintaluba
Totally Pro

View Profile WWW

ppintaluba

Personal Finance
« on: March 30, 2020, 08:06:20 PM »

Hello.

How do you track your personal or family finance? I used Microsoft Money (I still do), but it is not web enabled which means I must have it installed on my PC. I searched for other options and I found a lot. However most of them have limitations (just one account, just one currency, etc).

We have developed a simple web application to track personal/family finance. It is a very initial version and, as Smart Bet Tracker, it will evolve adding functionality based on users' feedback.

Right now we lack a lot of reports. We are still adding some functionality.

The concept is simple. You define your accounts (cash, bank accounts, properties and other as assets, and credit cards and loans as liabilities). You record your financial transactions (spending, income or transfers). All expenses and incomes are categorized (category and subcategory) which can be fully customized individually.

As we are just at the start of the development, I would like to invite everyone to use it. We are planning to monetize the project with affordable subscriptions and other options. But by now the free subscription will have really decent limits (8 accounts, 3 currencies, 15 transactions per day). For a lot of people this should be enough. Anyway, this community can ask for the unlimited plan if limits are not enough, which we will award for free while we are in this early development stage.

The site is https://www.personalspendings.com
You can make suggestions, ask for information or help, or report any problem at info@personalspendings.com or feedback@personalspendings.com

Thanks a lot.

Smart Bet Tracker
www.smartbettracker.com
alealeale
To become a Pro

View Profile

alealeale

Re: Personal Finance
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2020, 08:52:15 PM »

I used Money99 from 1999 to 2018 then I switched to AceMoney (MechCAD Software) since Money couldn't work anymore on recent Windows and Mac.
It's cheap and fits me perfectly but I should install it on my Mac.
With the same license I can use it on more computers, 3 for sure so when I'm away I use it on laptop.
I also imported old Money database without problems.
I will have a look at your product as well, thanks.
X_Gambler
Gaining experience

View Profile

X_Gambler

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2020, 09:27:15 PM »

Do you plan on adding functionality to import bankstatements (less preferred but possibly via import csv)?
ppintaluba
Totally Pro

View Profile WWW

ppintaluba

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2020, 09:32:44 PM »

Every suggestion that we receive will be analyzed. Bank statements can differ a lot but converting them to a suitable csv is possible.
Right now import via csv is already implemented.

Smart Bet Tracker
www.smartbettracker.com
CharlieSheen99
Has experience

View Profile

CharlieSheen99

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2020, 11:01:43 PM »

I use excel!!  :D
Yngwie/Sawyer
Pro

View Profile

Yngwie/Sawyer

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2020, 07:44:28 AM »

Excel is best, yes.   :D

I just keep track of my arbs since 2013. Yes, day by day.
ppintaluba
Totally Pro

View Profile WWW

ppintaluba

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2020, 12:38:46 PM »

Thanks Yngwie and Charlie. I agree Excel is great  :)

Personal Spendings is not designed to track bets (we have Smart Bet Tracker for that) but to track other financial activities (lunch, cinema, gasoline, bus, hotel expenses, salary, groceries and everything you need), your main assets (bank accounts, house, car, investments) and liabilities (credit cards, loans).

Smart Bet Tracker
www.smartbettracker.com
gamblehappier
To become a Pro

Gambling is the key in order to survive.

View Profile

gamblehappier

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2020, 03:51:13 PM »

I personally use Mint app to my smarthphone.Nice and easy app.

Believe to yourself is the secret to success.
ppintaluba
Totally Pro

View Profile WWW

ppintaluba

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2020, 04:06:23 PM »

Thanks Gamblehappier. Does Mint work outside USA or Canadá? Can you use it without a supported bank?

Edit: partial answer: No

From https://help.mint.com/Accounts-and-Transactions/888962151/Can-I-use-Mint-without-adding-a-bank.htm 
Can I use Mint without adding a bank?
No. At this time you can only use Mint if you have access to your bank accounts online.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2020, 05:52:35 PM by ppintaluba » Logged

Smart Bet Tracker
www.smartbettracker.com
gamblehappier
To become a Pro

Gambling is the key in order to survive.

View Profile

gamblehappier

« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2020, 08:50:36 PM »

Ppintaluba i do not have connected Mint with my bank.I use it actually like money notepad.Just save main incomes, big expanses etc..
Also I like classical method.Except Mint i use pen and paper to keep extra notes.

Believe to yourself is the secret to success.
ppintaluba
Totally Pro

View Profile WWW

ppintaluba

« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2020, 04:59:56 PM »

Hello.
Just a heads-up.

We continued working on Personal Spendings (www.personalspendings.com).
Transactions already included account, amount, category and subcategory, date and notes.
We added new information so that you can improve your analysis. The new fields are payee (such a "supermarket", "gas station", "restaurant", whatever) and family member("dad", "max", whoever). We also added tags (many tags per transaction).

Categories, subcategories, payees, family members and tags are personal and fully customizable.
All fields can be used to filter transactions or reports.

We continue offering unlimited free accounts while we are in beta. If the free subscription (8 accounts, 3 currencies, 15 transactions per day) is not enough, just write and we will lift limts.

Please send your suggestions to info@personalspendings.com or feedback@personalspendings.com

Regards

Smart Bet Tracker
www.smartbettracker.com
Pages: [1]
Print