RebelBetting - Turn betting into investing

Long on BTC

Where to invest the surplus of funds
Alfa1234
Totally Pro
Totally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally Pro

Re: Long on BTC

Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:52 pm

kapetan1122 wrote: Nikos i dont want to say you are right or wrong but i believe we are living in upside down world and nothing in history can't compare with this.there is global crisis and some of the companies are working with 20-50% of their production and we see ATH in stocks, people are sitting at home in USA and some other countries and earning 30-60% more than going to work,central banks around world are printing money like never before and throw it first to their rich friends and than small part to regular people, this money need to go somewhere becuase by day cash is losing value,some estimation is that this year inflation ll be 12-15% or more so we can see that biggest companies/hedge funds are starting to put money into BTC maybe not because they believe that BTC is something good but they just want to diversify their cash into anything that can protect them from losing its value.
It's not the thread for this, but I would still like to post this.

Please, do not believe this myth about inflation being 12-15%.  The market cap of just the stock market exchanges (not counting bonds, real estate investments, private investments, gold etc etc) is 85 trillion.  Just CASH as in real bills, and current accounts there is almost 37 trillion in circulation. Printing a few trillion/year means that, just for stocks, an extra money inflow of 2-3%/year...if you take all other investments into account we are talking pocket change.  Yes, it inflates the markets but by no means it causes a 12-15% inflation.  Inflation like that would crash world economies, you should have some faith in central banks that they WILL reduce the quantative easing in case inflation goes above 2.5%, as they intend to do.
arbusers
Administrator
AdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministrator

Sat Feb 20, 2021 5:52 am

Just to recap for those bored to read both threads in detail. I still hold 50% of my BTC, 25% of my ETH and 25% of my LINK positions.
With what I see so far, it was a mistake selling a larger part of ETH. Of course, all correct and wrong decisions will be judged in retrospect, when we get to the end of the market cycle whenever it occurs.

Again, in these threads I am describing what I do with my own money and...
Information is not intended to be and does not constitute financial advice or any other advice. Information is general in nature and is not specific to you. You should not make any decision, financial or otherwise, based on any of the Information without undertaking your own due diligence.
cigo
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Sat Feb 20, 2021 8:03 am

i still hold all my btc and my eth. I dont like to speculate, i prefer to speculate more how long the bull market will be. After every halving bull market were longer and longer. We are maybe one year from top prices. For me is risky to sell right now
asdqertyforgotmyemail
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Sun Feb 21, 2021 7:23 pm

On the Y timeline that arbusers told..

Bought in dec 2017 at 16K btc and after the march 2018 drop, bought again at at 8k, the same amount of btc. 2021 -  100% profit(2 years?!?! best investment ever..). I'll take it. Now i bought at at 46K. When it will drop i buy again, if it happens. This is my experience so far. Let's see what happens in 3 years
Again, i'll repeat myself, stay safe and invest what you can invest, not your entire savings. And stop watching btc price every day when you wake up in the morning, it drives you crazy.

Enjoy your every day struggle, apparently.

Regards,
Last edited by asdqertyforgotmyemail on Sun Feb 21, 2021 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cortomaltese
Pro
ProProProPro

Sun Feb 21, 2021 10:12 pm

Buying BTC and  forget about it (aka HODL)  is a proven tactic!
However eventually at some point of time you must wake up on your investments , point is to wake up on the right year, even better on the right month!
Not even talking about a week or a day ;)
And in order to wake up in the right time you will need a good alarm clock ;)
Last edited by cortomaltese on Sun Feb 21, 2021 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
apoel81
Pro
ProProProPro

Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:23 pm

Bloodbath today :)
arbusers
Administrator
AdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministrator

Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:47 pm

Some thoughts on today's market behaviour.

Today we took a quick view of the Koalas and the teddy bears. Wait to see how the Polar bears look like.

It is one of these days that I strongly regret not developing a bot that would buy wicks/tales like this one that ETH and LINK offered at ridiculous prices.

Now, let's get to our analysis.
Today's free fall was not a mistake. It simply shows the amount of fear that we will see when the real Polar bears appear. In addition, today's wicks created a significant damage at the overall technical shape of the crypto currency market. But at the same time, shake outs like these are giving time and breaths to the market. I have said several times before, that it is better to take short brakes and give something back before we move to the next ATH. It is better having 5 days in a row with +1%, than 1 day with 5%. This is market maturity. The more time we give to the market, the higher the top will be.
That said, today's blood bath was very educational, for as long as we are able to read the data and understand where we are in this cycle.
L
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:36 pm

Today's blood bath might also be a reaction to Elon Musk saying that BTC and ETH are priced too high, which is a weird thing for him to say, considering that his company Tesla holds some BTC now.
kapetan1122
To become a Pro
To become a ProTo become a ProTo become a Pro

Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:43 pm

L wrote: Today's blood bath might also be a reaction to Elon Musk saying that BTC and ETH are priced too high, which is a weird thing for him to say, considering that his company Tesla holds some BTC now.
He was saying same for his own stocks and than prices was falling and he was buying more on cheaper prices,probably he wanted same here,maybe to buy more at cheaper prices but you never know with him,one day he says one thing another opposite.
cortomaltese
Pro
ProProProPro

Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:46 pm

L wrote: Today's blood bath might also be a reaction to Elon Musk saying that BTC and ETH are priced too high, which is a weird thing for him to say, considering that his company Tesla holds some BTC now.
Maybe he wants to buy some more at a discount!
What about doge? Did he said sth about it also ?
cortomaltese
Pro
ProProProPro

Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:50 pm

apoel81 wrote: Bloodbath today :)
Bloodbath?! Sure! It is! and this bloodbath brought us back at (at the time of writing) prices we saw 6 days ago for ETH and 2 days ago for BTC!
Let's see how this develops...
apoel81
Pro
ProProProPro

Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:39 pm

cortomaltese wrote:
apoel81 wrote: Bloodbath today :)
Bloodbath?! Sure! It is! and this bloodbath brought us back at (at the time of writing) prices we saw 6 days ago for ETH and 2 days ago for BTC!
Let's see how this develops...
Tbh, i commented once price fell down to 48k usd. Personally expected to drop more since 50k resistance broke so easily but hopefully it didn't.
L
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:41 pm

cortomaltese wrote:
No he only mentioned BTC and ETH being overpriced, he did not mention doge. You are probably right, most likely he just wants to buy more at a lower price because he believes it will still go up like crazy. Or maybe he is just bored... You never know for sure with the type of people like him, especially the way he behaves lately.
asdqertyforgotmyemail
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:59 pm

arbusers wrote: Some thoughts on today's market behaviour.

Today we took a quick view of the Koalas and the teddy bears. Wait to see how the Polar bears look like.

It is one of these days that I strongly regret not developing a bot that would buy wicks/tales like this one that ETH and LINK offered at ridiculous prices.

Now, let's get to our analysis.
Today's free fall was not a mistake. It simply shows the amount of fear that we will see when the real Polar bears appear. In addition, today's wicks created a significant damage at the overall technical shape of the crypto currency market. But at the same time, shake outs like these are giving time and breaths to the market. I have said several times before, that it is better to take short brakes and give something back before we move to the next ATH. It is better having 5 days in a row with +1%, than 1 day with 5%. This is market maturity. The more time we give to the market, the higher the top will be.
That said, today's blood bath was very educational, for as long as we are able to read the data and understand where we are in this cycle.
Arbusers, you old investor. "Blue chips" investor... It's ok, it's the safe way to do it, not working the same with btc/cryptos. Unpredictable market, just bet on it as it is still young. We'll see in 20 years if our bets on btc made profit.
rapid9
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:14 am

L wrote:
cortomaltese wrote:
No he only mentioned BTC and ETH being overpriced, he did not mention doge. You are probably right, most likely he just wants to buy more at a lower price because he believes it will still go up like crazy. Or maybe he is just bored... You never know for sure with the type of people like him, especially the way he behaves lately.
Very clear for me, Elon Musk is definitly a trol  :D

Return to “Stock Markets and Cryptos”