RebelBetting - Turn betting into investing

Long on BTC

Where to invest the surplus of funds
arbusers
Administrator
AdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministrator

Re: Long on BTC

Tue Mar 09, 2021 12:29 pm

Things are heating up once again. March the 7th.
Another question: Will this BTC top coincide with a stock market crash?
kapetan1122
To become a Pro
To become a ProTo become a ProTo become a Pro

Tue Mar 09, 2021 2:53 pm

arbusers wrote: Things are heating up once again. March the 7th.
Another question: Will this BTC top coincide with a stock market crash?
Nikos Lapsus Linguae.i think you ment April 7th.

One question,where do you think money ll go if crypto and stock market crash,will people stay in cash or move to some other assets/investments?
arbusers
Administrator

Tue Mar 09, 2021 3:03 pm

kapetan1122 wrote: Nikos Lapsus Linguae.i think you ment April 7th.

One question,where do you think money ll go if crypto and stock market crash,will people stay in cash or move to some other assets/investments?
Ah, yes, sorry. April the 7th. Thanks for pinpointing.
Cash could be burnt, destroyed, or wait on the sides for a couple of days until it gets back to work. The usual suspects would be (once again) the USD and Gold.
M@chibist
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Tue Mar 09, 2021 3:37 pm

Biggest danger to any attempt to time something in this cycle is possible paradigm shift and in a way all that wet dreams from crypot degens coming true of sorts.
Buyers now are structurally different than all cycles before. Telling this as not big crypto bull but someone who is actively trading it and it really is different.
Not meaning it is imune to big dumps and corrections as we see but timing the top would be hard with TA even without this FA factors which really play a role.
arbusers
Administrator

Fri Mar 12, 2021 6:36 pm

This is to inform you that I sold my remaining 25% of LINK to fiat at 28.4$.
My overall performance was 135%. I managed to outperform BTC during the same period.
LINK's diagram became increasingly dangerous lately, so I preferred the safety of fiat at this stage.
Last edited by arbusers on Fri Mar 12, 2021 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cortomaltese
Pro
ProProProPro

Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:03 pm

Nicos i sense that ETH is becoming once again lucratively cheap against BTC
i would very much appreciate your opinion regarding the ETH/BTC pair !
Sandica9
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Sat Mar 13, 2021 5:29 am

As a crypto newbie, I am asking you: isn't it better to transfer what you want to sell to Tether or other dollar coin in order to avoid the crypto to fiat commision?
arbusers
Administrator

Sat Mar 13, 2021 9:10 am

cortomaltese wrote: Nicos i sense that ETH is becoming once again lucratively cheap against BTC
i would very much appreciate your opinion regarding the ETH/BTC pair !
Correct. ETH underperformed BTC recently. There are no clear reasons about that. I can only find 2:
1st. ETH had an excellent performance in the beginning on the year, and now needs some time to gain more momentum.
2nd. As we are closing at the end of the cycle, investors prefer moving their funds to the safety of BTC (if there is any safety there) to avoid the larger volatility of ETH.

Today's metrics: April the 7th.
Personally, I give more gravity to 2 than 1, and I would prefer staying with the big one. That is another reason why I sold my LINKs yesterday.

On the graph. It is obvious that ETH expects better performance against BTC, but the support that would give us confidence is much lower.

ΕΤΗBTC.png

Sandica9 wrote: As a crypto newbie, I am asking you: isn't it better to transfer what you want to sell to Tether or other dollar coin in order to avoid the crypto to fiat commision?
As we are closing at the end of the market cycle, or, as we are approaching a very important top, I would prefer the safety of cash even if that comes with higher fees.
Littletroll1
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Sat Mar 13, 2021 12:14 pm

I can't take out btc to fiat money in the bank, but still want to manage my risk by converting some of btc into a less volatile asset.

I was thinking Tether. If I understand it correctly, it's pegged to the USD so it would basically be the same as converting it to fiat right?
apoel81
Pro
ProProProPro

Sat Mar 13, 2021 12:23 pm

Littletroll1 wrote: I can't take out btc to fiat money in the bank, but still want to manage my risk by converting some of btc into a less volatile asset.

I was thinking Tether. If I understand it correctly, it's pegged to the USD so it would basically be the same as converting it to fiat right?
On paper yes. However, some more experienced users suggested DAI some posts before. Personally i use both DAI and Tether.

On a side note, same day last year Btc was priced 3900,everyone was depressed, pandemic was just starting etc:

https://imgur.com/a/mfVVnu7
Last edited by apoel81 on Sat Mar 13, 2021 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CharlieSheen99
Pro
ProProProPro

Sat Mar 13, 2021 12:26 pm

arbusers wrote: Today's metrics: April the 7th.
In that date, BTC bubble will crash?
If you are right i would love to hear how do you calculate it.
arbusers
Administrator

Sat Mar 13, 2021 6:23 pm

CharlieSheen99 wrote: In that date, BTC bubble will crash?
If you are right i would love to hear how do you calculate it.
As previously explained it is the resultant of a number of proprietary metrics that I developed. The date indicates 2 possible things.
1. The end of the super-cycle, or,
2. A very important top followed by a significant correction, larger than the corrections we have recently seen.

These metrics are a result of very intensive intellectual work of 1000s of hours. I prefer keeping them with me.

The general idea, as described previously sums up to market maturity. The longer the super cycle, the higher the top will be. A shorter super cycle will come with a shorter top.
arbusers
Administrator

Sat Mar 13, 2021 6:31 pm

I would also like to say the following focusing on the nature of BTC cycles.

It is always good to take some money from the table, even early in the market cycle. Taking some profits early will give you the safety and the calm needed to address a psychological roller coster like this.
It is also important to sell the majority of your coins near the top because you must be awarded for your efforts and patience.
But unfortunately, it is better to sell before and not after the top. Exchanges crash after the top, and probably when yo are allowed to sell, this will be at significantly lower prices that desired.

All in all, lets be grateful for this opportunity life gave us. For many, cryptos have been a life changing experience.
arbusers
Administrator

Sat Mar 13, 2021 6:33 pm

Lastly, I know I being repetitive and Google is punishing our forum, but it is important to stress once again:

1. Every passing day brings us closer to the top (this is self evident).

2. Time removes the fragile and keeps the durable. The life expectancy of the durable increases with time. BTC’s problem is time.

3. Bitcoin and all other cryptocurrencies are 100% faith. Let’s renew our meeting for the next phase of the market when faith is at its nadir. What do you think will happen at an asset whose entire reason of existence is faith and nothing more than faith?

4. I do not bite the New Paradigm. The more it changes, the more it remains the same. This time is not different.
apoel81
Pro
ProProProPro

Sat Mar 13, 2021 7:05 pm

arbusers wrote: Lastly, I know I being repetitive and Google is punishing our forum, but it is important to stress once again:

1. Every passing day brings us closer to the top (this is self evident).

2. Time removes the fragile and keeps the durable. The life expectancy of the durable increases with time. BTC’s problem is time.

3. Bitcoin and all other cryptocurrencies are 100% faith. Let’s renew our meeting for the next phase of the market when faith is at its nadir. What do you think will happen at an asset whose entire reason of existence is faith and nothing more than faith?

4. I do not bite the New Paradigm. The more it changes, the more it remains the same. This time is not different.
Probs you are already aware, in any case, there is a negative divergence in weekly RSI as well

coindesk.com/bitcoins-rsi-fading-bull-momentum
Last edited by apoel81 on Sat Mar 13, 2021 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Stock Markets and Cryptos”