RebelBetting - Turn betting into investing

Negative interest rates and e-wallets

Exchange ideas and share info about all e-wallets
campeones
To become a Pro
To become a ProTo become a ProTo become a Pro

Negative interest rates and e-wallets

Wed May 27, 2020 5:34 pm

Negative interest rates are a reality in today's Europe and I am sure that many corporate accounts have to pay them, in reality, burn money for as long as they are in place.
Could anyone say if negative interest rates are a possibility for our balances in the e-wallets anytime soon?
ukbetting
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Re: Negative interest rates and e-wallets

Thu May 28, 2020 8:43 pm

campeones wrote: Negative interest rates are a reality in today's Europe and I am sure that many corporate accounts have to pay them, in reality, burn money for as long as they are in place.
Could anyone say if negative interest rates are a possibility for our balances in the e-wallets anytime soon?
I don't think negative rates are an issue right now,they are gonna closing soon since we can't use them on betting site, that's the real question.
arbusers
Administrator
AdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministrator

Re: Negative interest rates and e-wallets

Fri May 29, 2020 10:47 am

campeones wrote: Could anyone say if negative interest rates are a possibility for our balances in the e-wallets anytime soon?
This is a very good question and I am really happy to see members anticipating future actions.
There is no question about it, many corporate accounts have to pay negative interest rates. Since the client's money in e-wallets is requested to be kept in a bank, there is a possibility that PaySafe and ecoPayz have to pay these negative interest rates, depending on what banks are used to keep the money safe. Frankly, I don't know where they keep the money. In the past, I knew for sure that RBS was keeping a lot of money belonging to e-wallets.
A negative interest rate rolled over to the players, would create a vast negative customer experience and would have a big psychological impact on the clients. I am convinced, that e-wallets will choose to add more fees, before requesting for a negative interest rate.
However, there is a big question about the US. If the US moves to negative interest rates, we should expect European interest rates to go even lower. The burden for corporate accounts will be big, and the decisions that will be taken will be really hard.
I really don't want to think about this situation, as this direct hit to smart gambling activities might be a knock out for most.
Last edited by arbusers on Fri May 29, 2020 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “General talk about e-wallets”