General questions before start with an agent

A place to compare agents, services and offers.
Paidi
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

General questions before start with an agent

Sun Jul 05, 2020 4:07 pm

Hello guys, I need help from your experience!
In recent days I have learned a lot from so many sources here to choose the right broker for me, but I still have some questions.
Can someone please clarify a few things for me?
1. I live in Greece and I wonder which bank is better to deposit/withdraw to skrill (Greek, Cypriot or doesn’t matter)
2. What about VPN if we talk about brokers or e-wallets? Is it against their rules or they are alright with that? (I have uk IP and I am interested in Orbit, probably via BIA)
3. I have read here many cases of people who have seen their exchange account suspended and found themselves under investigation for passing funds. These cases make me hesitate to open an account.
What can a punter do to avoid such a situation? (not taking bets in low or zero liquidity markets could help? )
I used to do my business with betfair last 10 years and I never had any issue. If the Orbit T&C are the same as the BF this means that I won’t have a problem with Orbit too?
campeones
To become a Pro
To become a ProTo become a ProTo become a Pro

Re: General questions before start with an agent

Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:25 am

1. Greece is always tricky and you should be extra careful with banks and the taxman. Actually, banks are working for the taxman. If you are about to send funds from a Greek bank, these should be limited. Don't send a lot of money. The same if you are about to receive money. You better withdraw from the ATM than receiving wire in your bank account, very dangerous.
2. You dont need a VPN for accessing Orbit, but that depends on the country you live. I am not sure if Greece allows access to orbit. You know better than me.
3. If you have normal action and you avoid markets with 1-2-3 digits volumes then you are OK. If you had no problem with Betfair, you will not have a problem with Orbit either.
apoel81
Pro
ProProProPro

Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:05 am

Personally never got asked questions for withdrawals via ewallets to cyprus banks.

On the contrary, got many questions when i withdraw from ATM's via ewallet cards and deposited them into banks.

Also, i don't use VPN, change DNS server and you will be fine. Otherwise be carefull as many books don't allow VPN usage.

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-change-your-pcs-dns-settings-windows-10
Paidi
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Mon Jul 06, 2020 1:11 pm

Thanks guys for your answers.
I have already changed dns and used always vpn but as I can see Orbit doesn’t work with uk IP anymore.
Apoel, when you talk about questions from the banks, I guess you mean about the source of  funds.
Nitu Singh
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:05 pm

Paidi wrote: Thanks guys for your answers.
I have already changed dns and used always vpn but as I can see Orbit doesn’t work with uk IP anymore.
Apoel, when you talk about questions from the banks, I guess you mean about the source of  funds.
Thanks for your suggestion and yes I had seen many positive reviews for BetInAsia(BIA) on this forum and other forums.
apoel81
Pro
ProProProPro

Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:01 pm

Paidi wrote:
Yes. They never asked anything for incoming trasnfers from paysafe, assume cause the transfer is coming from another european bank etc

Return to “General talk about betting agents”