RebelBetting - Turn betting into investing

Gold and silver (physical or not)

Where to invest the surplus of funds
kapetan1122
To become a Pro
To become a ProTo become a ProTo become a Pro

Re: Gold and silver (physical or not)

Sun Jul 26, 2020 12:23 pm

Simple explanation is if there will be hyper inflation/busting of dollar that is possible,than gold/silver should protect your purchasing power,look at the countries that had same scenarios,Argentina,Venzuela,Zimbabve or in history EX Yugoslavia or Deutschland after WW2, if you had 100$ in cash you could lets say buy xy amount of things but in time of hyper inflation you can buy 10 or 1000x less things with it if you have cash but if you have same amount in gold,gold value stay the same following inflation and you have same purchasing power,same if that currency goes bust gold will have same value in new currency that occures,same goes for all hard assets houses,lands.... cash is peace of paper backed just by trust in the system and nothing more.
De Graaf
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Sun Jul 26, 2020 12:36 pm

Hello boys,

Perhaps the property that remains implicit in your discussion can be called  unforgeability . This epithet may br ascribed to gold and silver as inherent value in times of trouble when ascribed value on things is eroded. (As in, why precious metals behave differently in social collapses).

Appreciate your words, especially because they provide different viewpoints.

Cheers
Last edited by De Graaf on Sun Jul 26, 2020 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alfa1234
Totally Pro
Totally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally Pro

Sun Jul 26, 2020 1:03 pm

kapetan1122 wrote: Simple explanation is if there will be hyper inflation/busting of dollar that is possible,than gold/silver should protect your purchasing power,look at the countries that had same scenarios,Argentina,Venzuela,Zimbabve or in history EX Yugoslavia or Deutschland after WW2, if you had 100$ in cash you could lets say buy xy amount of things but in time of hyper inflation you can buy 10 or 1000x less things with it if you have cash but if you have same amount in gold,gold value stay the same following inflation and you have same purchasing power,same if that currency goes bust gold will have same value in new currency that occures,same goes for all hard assets houses,lands.... cash is peace of paper backed just by trust in the system and nothing more.
The difference here is that none of those currencies were connected to the entire world economy.  The dollar (and euro) are different in that regards I think. Should they collapse, they would take all other currencies with them, even gold, silver and other precious metals.
Yngwie
Pro
ProProProPro

Sun Jul 26, 2020 5:42 pm

Always keep'em physical. Both gold and silver are gold. This is the best 2nd investment in my opinion. (Best is Real Estates)
arbusers
Administrator
AdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministrator

Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:20 am

It is a very interesting discussion if we take out any personal confrontation.
Macro-economics are my favorite, especially when combined with history, geopolitics, cycles and other goodies.
I would like to comment on any post of you guys but will limit my self to the following for now.

At the height of the GFC, Howard Marks and his associates found themselves in front of a dilemma. If the world as we know it ends, then it makes no real difference if you are well off or poor. But if the world continues life as we know it, then you will miss a nice opportunity to invest.

So if Apocalypse comes, then we shouldn't care about our investments. But if Apocalypse doesn't come during our lifetimes, then we should care about our investments. I believe we should all plan our lives based on the possibility that Apocalypse will not come during our lifetimes.

Gold, silver, stocks, real estate, cryptos, any wealth storage mean you can imagine, they are all cards that we must play. Play them right and you will flourish, or at least survive. Play them wrong and find a poorer version of your self.

That said, all these cards should be treated as girlfriends and not wives. In some cases, girlfriends could be kept for a lifetime, even though we dont marry them.

Return to “Stock Markets and Cryptos”