Need advise about pinnacle odds list

Is this the new hack of smart gambling?
mita8888
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Need advise about pinnacle odds list

Tue Jul 28, 2020 10:48 am

Hi.. I need a suggestion to make easier of what i am doing right now

Currently i am value betting private bookmakers (some kind of agent that using asian odds but some of their odds are lagging)

I want to valuebetting vs pinnacle ( what i do right now is just turn on some asians in rebelbetting, then when a bet opportunity rise, i search manually on this private bookmakers to check the odds)

Today, i try to manually comparing the pinnacle website head to head with this bookmaker and i found other opportunity that rebel does not found (yet)

What is the best way to compare pinnacle odds manually? Is there any software that gather pinny odds in a table / list that make us easier to see their odds?
VidaBlue
To become a Pro
To become a ProTo become a ProTo become a Pro

Re: Need advise about pinnacle odds list

Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:36 pm

There are indeed countless odds on secondary lines or special games not covered by the services, on pinn as well. The reasons could be:
  1. They have not incorporated these markets in their software.
  2. The book does not provide easy access (API) to these kinds of markets as the bookmaker might end up getting beaten on these lines.
  3. The service do not see these markets as sharp references and won't include those in their software.
I personally think that the third reason is more a technical limitation, that they don't have access to these data. Of course they would include those arbs and value bets if they could.

As not all books provide easy api access, the alternatives are supposedly screen scraper solutions either developed by themselves or via a common bet data vendor such as everymatrix.

Many sites do obviously not want their data scraped so they do things such as:
  • making their code dynamic, making it more difficult to scrape
  • delaying their odds, unless you're actually logged in
  • banning your ip/account (temporarily or permanently) based on activity
No service that I know covers what you need completely, so the best option in my opinion is to build the solution yourself or purchase something tailored for your needs. Your advantage over a constantly running service, is that you only need the data when you're actually in a position to make some bets, which makes your temporary scrape of data less "threatening" to the sites' servers.

If you choose to purchase something, you should probably be cautious that someone won't take advantage of your need trying to sell you something based on false promises - especially if it is not publically available for purchase. If you still consider purchasing, I suggest you ask many (technical) questions with regards to the challenges above and the product in general while maintaining a healthy scepticism.
mita8888
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Wed Jul 29, 2020 1:40 am

Hi mate. thanks for always give me good insight
FYI.

When i manually check lets say SBO on Rebel vs pinnacle, sometimes i found value bet opportunity on tennis ML that have not shown in rebel (pinnacle 2.07, SBO 2.38) which mean the rebel scan is delay, or they dont scan that match at all

After i post this thread, then i googling every odds provider that i can use rather than comparing side to side with pinnacle website. I found sportinsights, donbest, vegasinsider

what do you think?
VidaBlue
To become a Pro
To become a ProTo become a ProTo become a Pro

Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:22 am

mita8888 wrote: When i manually check lets say SBO on Rebel vs pinnacle, sometimes i found value bet opportunity on tennis ML that have not shown in rebel (pinnacle 2.07, SBO 2.38) which mean the rebel scan is delay, or they dont scan that match at all
Maybe they DO scan, but their software is unable to make a proper match on that game because of difference in start times or different spelling of player names. I know from personal experience that this is a key challenge. The services are very good at what they do, every day doing millions of comparisons in order to present value for the customer 24/7. However, they are probably also a large contributor to the development of a more efficient market, via their locust swarm of customers, such that odds discrepancies over the years have become more rare with reduced life time.

At the other extreme we find the bettor who manually compare odds, finding opportunities that the services have missed. I find on a daily basis opportunities that stand for many hours until the odds finally move. I am quite certain that these opportunities would disappear in a few minutes if services covered them - that's the reason why I conclude that the services contribute to an efficient market. On the downside, doing manual comparison of odds is time consuming as well as developing your own scanning software.

Somewhere in between, you have the opportunity to use one of those odds providers you mention and do your comparisons that way. But somehow I think that if data is available and organised ready for purchase, it is already use by many for the same purpose, including services.

Finally you may partially disregard the idea of direct comparison and start looking into things differently such as technical analysis of graphs of odd movements, much like trading stocks. It is another way of betting without looking into the fundamentals of a particular game.
mita8888
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:16 am

I will start a trial and compare the result myself (rebel vs me scanning manually using odds provider service)

thanks vidablue
macola
Has experience
Has experienceHas experience

Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:05 pm

You can find a value, but you cant, we lack bookmakers
arctrading
Has experience
Has experienceHas experience

Fri Aug 21, 2020 6:23 pm

mita8888 wrote: Hi mate. thanks for always give me good insight
FYI.

When i manually check lets say SBO on Rebel vs pinnacle, sometimes i found value bet opportunity on tennis ML that have not shown in rebel (pinnacle 2.07, SBO 2.38) which mean the rebel scan is delay, or they dont scan that match at all

After i post this thread, then i googling every odds provider that i can use rather than comparing side to side with pinnacle website. I found sportinsights, donbest, vegasinsider

what do you think?
I dont know what markets you bet but i used TXOdds service for some time and it covers a lot of bookmakers with aggregated odds. They should offer some trial also so you can give it a try :)But odds update is fast by their side.

Return to “Value betting talk”