BetBurger | Live and Pre-game surebets
RebelBetting - Turn betting into investing

arbing retirement

Make bookmakers cash cow machines
ju
justanarber

arbing retirement

Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:52 pm

after 12 years at one of the best jobs in the world I am retiring (not by choice) from arbing,

there is an old burt baccarach/dusty springfield song I can't get out of my head, it's "I don't know what to do with myself"
arbing has been a massive part of my life.

is there life after arbing? of course but arbing is solitairy and when you finish a big adjustment is likely to be needed?,
sure you guys are making money and not retiring but i say mentally prepare for that day as it will come

not looking for sympathy, it's been a rollercoaster ride and maybe not healthy to ride the rollercoaster for too long,
I just wonder what comes next?
Yngwie
Pro
ProProProPro

Re: arbing retirement

Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:30 pm

justanarber wrote: is there life after arbing?
Sure, there is!

Well, I made my first retirement attempt 1 year ago. I quitted arbing completely and resumed my living by my passive income resources. Then guess what happened? I get bored. I missed arbitrage. Then I decided to get back in business.

The reason why you get bored is..after one point, you start to see arbitrage betting as a game, not business. That's why you don't complaint even when you work for hours in weekends..because you enjoy it! When you take this out of your life, you miss it. Arbitrage betting is addicting.

The only downside of arbitrage betting business is..it's not very good for karma. So if you're making money by sports betting arbitrage, make donations to charity projects. I like to discuss/talk about it later in a seperate subject.
Last edited by Yngwie on Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
arbusers
Administrator
AdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministrator

Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:33 am

Addicted to your own success, and why arbing is so difficult to quit if you are doing it right: portal/smart-gambling-psychology/
Lumberjack
Has experience
Has experienceHas experience

Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:37 am

I really enjoy those articles and readings!

I have personally been value betting for around 8 years and then arbed for 2 years, where arbing have been the last 2 years.
The psychology aspect is a huge important factor and makes me enjoy arbing more than value betting. I simply cannot take the down periods as good as I would  like to anymore. However, ofcourse it is different from person to person and the style. I have always had a style with quality over quantity making me more exposed to variance as I have fewer games pr month than most others. I do think though, that the psychology aspect is often missed in the discussion valuebetting vs arbing, giving another + for arbitrage.

Regards retirement, I have always said to my closed ones that I look forward to complety stop arbing/value betting one day. However, it is difficult and cannot see when it is gonna happen and for now, I cannot miss the income it generates.
ju
justanarber

Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:05 am

yes those are very good articles and I think accurate as to how we should behave but no 2 individuals are the same
and every human being has weaknesses and we are always at danger from ourselves.

isolation, loneliness, greed, addiction, self-pity have all been by products of arbing for me.

gratification, financial wealth, euphoria, independence, pride have all beeen by by products of arbing for me.

with all these emotions taking place if/when we have to stop then psychologically we may as I do now have a problem.

I take my hat off to the smart gamblers and those who have made the transition successfully from arbing, my experiences
and arbing style has only showed me that value betting is very dangerous, I'm a stubborn arber and know that it worked.

I wish all arbers and smart bettors continued good fortune and hope unlike myself your retirement date is not for a long time yet!
ju
justanarber

Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:17 am

Yngwie/Sawyer wrote:
justanarber wrote: is there life after arbing?
Sure, there is!

Well, I made my first retirement attempt 1 year ago. I quitted arbing completely and resumed my living by my passive income resources. Then guess what happened? I get bored. I missed arbitrage. Then I decided to get back in business.

The reason why you get bored is..after one point, you start to see arbitrage betting as a game, not business. That's why you don't complaint even when you work for hours in weekends..because you enjoy it! When you take this out of your life, you miss it. Arbitrage betting is addicting.

The only downside of arbitrage betting business is..it's not very good for karma. So if you're making money by sports betting arbitrage, make donations to charity projects. I like to discuss/talk about it later in a seperate subject.
Yngwie/Sawyer....whether you realise it or not? you're an arbing legend.
nahcarts
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:38 am

i was arbing between 2008-2018 , now trading bitcoin (buy dip under trendline, sell high)

it is hard to quit, but arbing is waste of life, and always was, but profits were nice
cigo
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:43 am

nahcarts wrote: i was arbing between 2008-2018 , now trading bitcoin (buy dip under trendline, sell high)

it is hard to quit, but arbing is waste of life, and always was, but profits were nice
What bankroll growth you achive per year?
nahcarts
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:21 pm

i made 15 trades all in profit, i never had profit loss in btc. last year maybe +5000 but it was my first year, with bank 10 000

you can try trade with 100 euros. and see your results. it is similar to betting

in bull market you must hold and you sure end in profit, never use leveraging or short, only buy long at down, sell at high when parabolic
Attachments
bitfinex_btc_usd-thu_6_aug_19_21_21.png
Last edited by nahcarts on Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Trevorr
Has experience
Has experienceHas experience

Fri Aug 07, 2020 12:30 am

There si so much you can do, especially if you earned enough money. You can find new hobbies. You can find new opportunities in business. I arb like 15 hours in week(I mean before covid, now there is even more free time.)
nahcarts
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Mon Aug 17, 2020 5:22 pm

i am showing you 4 places you can buy dip btc, with profit and buy zone according to my previous post from 6 august
Attachments
bitfinex_btc_usd-mon_17_aug_19_12_00.png
campeones
To become a Pro
To become a ProTo become a ProTo become a Pro

Sun Aug 23, 2020 2:51 pm

justanarber wrote: my experiences and arbing style has only showed me that value betting is very dangerous, I'm a stubborn arber and know that it worked.
If maths are backing your value betting, then you have nothing to be stressed of.
We (the organization that I work) started with arbing because that was the zeitgeist of the times, but we added value betting at a later stage. There was no reason to quit arbing, because it was still producing profits, but value betting is running faster than arbing. Of course, it depends on many factors.
Trevorr wrote: There si so much you can do, especially if you earned enough money. You can find new hobbies. You can find new opportunities in business.
Once you get into smart gambling you have the capacity to make big things by default. So there are 2 questions to answer with your self:
1. When will you create a critical mass of money that will allow you to expand to other forms of investment?
2. What is that critical mass of money?
But these are not questions take it or leave it. You can move to other forms of investments while you are arbing/value betting.
Yngwie
Pro
ProProProPro

Sun Sep 06, 2020 3:35 pm

Sometimes I go vacation and stay away from arbing for 1-2 weeks. Can't tell you how I miss this business after. I used to make retirement plans for future but now I feel like I like to arb as long as it gets.

Remember, technology is your enemy. As the technology advances, arbitrage business is getting more challenging. Bookmakers were used to change lines much more slowly in the past. There was no skype face verification and there were no smart phones in the past.

Of course, there's few things in our favor too such as Bitcoin.

Anyway, let's make money as long as it gets. Don't forget to make investments  and increase your passive income resources. Don't spend much on cars!  :D Invest in Real Estates. Buy Real Estate, then rent your properties. Passive income is the sweetest!
Last edited by Yngwie on Sun Sep 06, 2020 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ju
justanarber

Sun Sep 06, 2020 8:20 pm

Yngwie/Sawyer wrote: Sometimes I go vacation and stay away from arbing for 1-2 weeks. Can't tell you how I miss this business after. I used to make retirement plans for future but now I feel like I like to arb as long as it gets.

Remember, technology is your enemy. As the technology advances, arbitrage business is getting more challenging. Bookmakers were used to change lines much more slowly in the past. There was no skype face verification and there were no smart phones in the past.

Of course, there's few things in our favor too such as Bitcoin.

Anyway, let's make money as long as it gets. Don't forget to make investments  and increase your passive income resources. Don't spend much on cars!  :D Invest in Real Estates. Buy Real Estate, then rent your properties. Passive income is the sweetest!
yngwie/sawyer

you're surely one of the top guys in the world of arbing, your words and advice here don't apply to the vasy majority on here?

I have had reasonably good success in my career but bitcoin/real estate, renting properties, these things if I could afford them?
would only get the UK taxman after me as all this stuff is taxable in the UK unlike gambling earnings.

in the UK these days spending your arbing success could prove to be more difficult than earning it was, with proof of income/funds source
now needed for any reasonably large purchase, suspicions of money laundering/tax evasion/criminal behaviour,
succesful UK arbers have to be careful.

maybe other countries have changed too? in the UK so many things have changed for the worse and the next thing is imminent changes to the 2005 gambling act with a bunch of clowns already suggesting affordability checks on anything above £100.
Last edited by justanarber on Sun Sep 06, 2020 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yngwie
Pro
ProProProPro

Mon Sep 07, 2020 2:59 pm

Camouflage is a deep subject, it's another topic.

I'm afraid we can't talk about it here..but you can watch TV Serie ''Better Call Saul''. It can give you some ideas.  :D

Return to “Arbing, matched betting and trading talk”