Isn't the arb game dead?

Make bookmakers cash cow machines
ju
justanarber

Re: Isn't the arb game dead?

Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:02 pm

dealer wins wrote:
justanarber wrote:
is that legal to use fair exchange from the UK?  don't you have to use a vpn to hide your location? I thought this type of deceit
was against your morals? it's very surprising using your methods that £50k+ profits for over 10 years is only now in PC territory?
Use it with a vpn, why not, thats the whole purpose of agents, to save us from stupid governments that restrict our betting .
the whole purpose of using more than one i.d is to save us from stupid greedy bookmakers that restrict our betting.

I am surprised dealerwins from reading your highly critical posts on using more than one i.d that you break this rule as this shows
the same level of dishonesty as placing bets pretending you are someone you are not.

I do not believe it is possible to be arbing for over 10 years making £50k+ every year using only using your own i.d, anybody can come onto a forum and tell lies and pretend to be better/smarter than the next guy but that is not nice for forum members who write with honesty.

you are clearly lying dealerwins and your rants about multiple i.d users is all about jealousy as you'd love to have had access to that many i.d's in your arbing career, I do too, your claims to be arbing for more than 10 years maintaining £50k+ profits on a single i.d are fantasy.

you also wrote dealerwins you were very happy to have the break Covid provided for you but a highly succesful guy like you didn't need a pandemic to have a break, you could take a break anytime but of course your greed for money doesn't allow you? honesty is the best policy I believe, yes I had a long break because of Covid too, my greed meant I missed my profits and was very happy to return to earning money, no point in pretending otherwise or lying.
Last edited by justanarber on Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
arbusers
Administrator
AdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministrator

Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:17 pm

Once again, I believe arbing with 1 ID is indeed possible and a (reducing) number of members are practising it even today.
ju
justanarber

Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:23 pm

arbusers wrote: Once again, I believe arbing with 1 ID is indeed possible and a (reducing) number of members are practising it even today.
yes, arbing is not dead and the new smart guy has to evolve and it's more about talent now than multiple i.d's but in the past this was not the case, now you need more talent, anyone who has been arbing in the UK for 10 years+ has not been using a single i.d, claims that they have are ridiculous.

to use only one i.d is to severely limit your earning potential, there is nothing to be ashamed of to use a friend's help, there is no crime,
there is no fraud, no one has lost except the greedy bookmaker who would take everything you own from you if he could as he has done with
many unfortunate souls over the years, I feel proud to beat the bookmaker at his own game and would use whatever legal method I could.
Last edited by justanarber on Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CharlieSheen99
Pro
ProProProPro

Wed Sep 30, 2020 1:14 pm

arbusers wrote: Once again, I believe arbing with 1 ID is indeed possible and a (reducing) number of members are practising it even today.
It's possible, yes, but i think that you cannot take all the potential of this business.
arbusers
Administrator
AdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministrator

Wed Sep 30, 2020 2:25 pm

CharlieSheen99 wrote:
It's possible, yes, but i think that you cannot take all the potential of this business.
Absolutely. More resources, more profits.
VidaBlue
To become a Pro
To become a ProTo become a ProTo become a Pro

Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:04 pm

I think of it as kind of a trade-off. If your vision is to orchestrate a big setup involving lots of people (or identities), you're doing this boosting profits on an existing strategy. If you don't, you'll be limited to yourself but more focused in developing new and more profitable strategies that are adapted to changing market conditions.

It is kind of comparing the CEO who thrives managing a large coorporation to the entrepreneur who urges to sell his startup once it gets to the size that would need a CEO. The innovator does not thrive being the administrator and vice versa. So these are the two opposing sides of the spectrum, and in between are those who exhibit a little bit of both.

Those who successfully arb with just 1 ID have been forced to continuously innovate and consequently they are still making good profits. The successful administrator would not bother to try and beat the sharps - the focus will be on growing the organisation in order to maintain profits milking the ever smaller soft cows. The choice of approach is probably bound quite much to personality.

Both approaches require certain skill and dedication and I think we have seen examples of successful execution by each of them.
Last edited by VidaBlue on Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ju
justanarber

Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:28 am

VidaBlue wrote: I think of it as kind of a trade-off. If your vision is to orchestrate a big setup involving lots of people (or identities), you're doing this boosting profits on an existing strategy. If you don't, you'll be limited to yourself but more focused in developing new and more profitable strategies that are adapted to changing market conditions.

It is kind of comparing the CEO who thrives managing a large coorporation to the entrepreneur who urges to sell his startup once it gets to the size that would need a CEO. The innovator does not thrive being the administrator and vice versa. So these are the two opposing sides of the spectrum, and in between are those who exhibit a little bit of both.

Those who successfully arb with just 1 ID have been forced to continuously innovate and consequently they are still making good profits. The successful administrator would not bother to try and beat the sharps - the focus will be on growing the organisation in order to maintain profits milking the ever smaller soft cows. The choice of approach is probably bound quite much to personality.

Both approaches require certain skill and dedication and I think we have seen examples of successful execution by each of them.
to only use one i.d in your arbing career shows a lack of ambition and imagination, to claim that if you only use one i.d means you have
to be more innovative is pure nonsense. very few guys (if any) have only used one i.d and all the smartest and most innovative guys for sure
have used more than one i.d, do you really think vidablue that a guy with 100 i.d's doesn't have to be innovative? quite the opposite I'd imagine.

we all do the same "dirty" job but some pretend they are better and not like the rest of us by writing nonsense that they only ever used their own i.d or they'd rather be working somewhere else or some arbers are bad guys but I'm a good guy, we are all the same, greedy guys looking for easy money from bookmakers in preference to doing a normal job.

vidablue and dealerwins are just the same as the rest of us but pretend not to be and to be superior.
Last edited by justanarber on Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
VidaBlue
To become a Pro

Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:02 am

I can speak for myself justanarber. I have always only used my own id. I have never needed nor desired to do otherwise. I enjoy strategy development, pattern recognition, software development and those things. I admire people who successfully build an organization but I don't envy them, because I wouldn't want their job. I would not find it enjoyable and consequently my motivation would start to decay.

If you respond it will probably be something like "you're pretentious, you think you're better", "you lack ambition" and "you're greedy, it's all about the money, just admit it" - I have poor expectations for a common understanding, so this answer to you is just kind of a hail mary.
Last edited by VidaBlue on Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
ju
justanarber

Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:37 am

VidaBlue wrote: I can speak for myself justanarber. I have always only used my own id. I have never needed nor desired to do otherwise. I enjoy strategy development, pattern recognition, software development and those things. I admire people who successfully build an organization but I don't envy them, because I wouldn't want their job. I would not find it enjoyable and consequently my motivation would start to decay.

If you respond it will probably be something like "you're pretentious, you think you're better", "you lack ambition" and "you're greedy, it's all about the money, just admit it" - I have poor expectations for a common understanding, so this answer to you is just kind of a hail mary.
you are pretentious....you're style of arbing with one i.d is entirely up to you but it's different from the vast majority on here, you wrote that
because you use only one i.d makes you more innovative compared to multiple i.d users, this was complete pretentious nonsense.

as you said vidablue you can only speak for yourself so how can you speak about how innovative multiple i.d users are?

in my opinion anyone who criticises multiple i.d users is writing through jealousy, I've never had many i.d's but good luck to the guys who have, this job is all about greed and making as much as we can, pretending otherwise?  Vidablue I can point to a post you made referencing greed and what you may miss from a "normal" job yet you are still here, maybe you're just as greedy as the rest of us whilst continuing to pretend otherwise?

and your friend dealerwins is just the same but of course you can write anything on a forum, he wrote he was very happy about the pandemic break as it gave him a long holiday yet the second sport returned he was back working again, no one else wrote on here they were happy to have a break because of the pandemic, no one else was that stupid.
Last edited by justanarber on Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wolfie
Totally Pro
Totally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally Pro

Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:47 pm

Its true that everyone wants to make more profits. But some people are lone wolfs and dont want to have relation with other people in this kind of job. Everyone has their own habits and sometime it takes a lot of effort to change and grow your business. It depends on circumstances too. Some people dont want to open up to their siblings on the nature of their job and for this reason never ask for more resources. So i think there are people who still use one id for this reasons and many others who may not come to mind right now.
Are the guys who commented here using only one ID ? You cant say for sure.
Is it possible ? I think yes because i know personally a batfair trader myself and seen his account profits in long run. He has not shown his strategy of course.
kapetan1122
To become a Pro

Thu Oct 01, 2020 2:29 pm

I had used both of the worlds,at beggining i had multiply ID's but it has time that there was no more sense to have them because most of the bookmakers has banned my country from oppening accounts or starting limit was 10% of normal bets,at that time i deided that i ll switch only to sharps because i was losing to much time with paperwork and rest of the stuff and i didnt find it worth o my time.
Last couple of years i only use my ID on sharps and frankly i am not missing soft bookies any more.
VidaBlue
To become a Pro

Thu Oct 01, 2020 5:59 pm

Some of my friends have approached me suggesting to use their ID - I have not turned them down completely, but I keep postponing it. When the style is based on striving for high yield offline and on sharps mostly in small to medium markets where a fresh soft book account would limit almost immediately anyways, it isn't worth the hassle and I prioritize my time. Those who have refined their strategy based on keeping online soft books alive for long, may naturally think differently.

@wolfie lone wolf not using multiple id's should not be mistaken with no desire to collaborate. One of the things I miss from previous jobs are international conferences and meetings. Meetings in real life with people that have similar professional interests. If arbusers would ever arrange a conference for smart bettors (in Las Vegas for instance) nothing in my calendar would have higher priority.
Yngwie
Pro
ProProProPro

Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:18 am

VidaBlue wrote: Some of my friends have approached me suggesting to use their ID - I have not turned them down completely, but I keep postponing it.
Postponing? Why? Seriously?  :D

More accounts = More profits!
Yngwie
Pro
ProProProPro

Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:21 am

Pregame arbing is dead mostly..Unless you're living in a location where you have access to sleepy bookies. Bookmakers limit very quickly when you bet value odds pregame. It takes longer for them to realize what you're doing when you're arbing live. Live arbing is my favourite arbing strategy recently..

My favourite arbing strategy was parlay arbing in the past but had been a long time since I made my last parlay arb. Man, I miss those bets! Parlay arb was an amazing tool to camouflage your action and boost your profits. Maybe you know, maybe you don't know; do you know you can change the odds in your bet ticket?

For example,

Dundee United Reserves 2,50
Chelsea 1,30
Liverpool 1,50

You can change odds in bet ticket how you want,
You can change odds like this for example;

Dundee United Reserves 2,00
Chelsea 1,30
Liverpool 1,875

Last leg of parlay (Liverpool) becomes 1,875 from 1,50! If opposite side is 3,20 which creates a %2.13 arb; Well, it becomes a Massive %18.23 ARB!

It's specially useful when arbing lower leagues where there's parlay requirement by some bookmakers. Anyway, I think live arbing is better. No void risk (almost), you get your money back quickly, your account lasts longer and you can catch goals which results in massive profits. Nothing feels like you pick Liverpool -1 and Salah scores a goal few seconds after and you see your cover bet in Pinnacle is rejected  :D
Last edited by Yngwie on Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Alfa1234
Totally Pro
Totally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally Pro

Sun Oct 04, 2020 11:05 am

Yngwie/Sawyer wrote: Pregame arbing is dead mostly..Unless you're living in a location where you have access to sleepy bookies. Bookmakers limit very quickly when you bet value odds pregame. It takes longer for them to realize what you're doing when you're arbing live. Live arbing is my favourite arbing strategy recently..

My favourite arbing strategy was parlay arbing in the past but had been a long time since I made my last parlay arb. Man, I miss those bets! Parlay arb was an amazing tool to camouflage your action and boost your profits. Maybe you know, maybe you don't know; do you know you can change the odds in your bet ticket?

For example,

Dundee United Reserves 2,50
Chelsea 1,30
Liverpool 1,50

You can change odds in bet ticket how you want,
You can change odds like this for example;

Dundee United Reserves 2,00
Chelsea 1,30
Liverpool 1,875

Last leg of parlay (Liverpool) becomes 1,875 from 1,50! If opposite side is 3,20 which creates a %2.13 arb; Well, it becomes a Massive %18.23 ARB!

It's specially useful when arbing lower leagues where there's parlay requirement by some bookmakers. Anyway, I think live arbing is better. No void risk (almost), you get your money back quickly, your account lasts longer and you can catch goals which results in massive profits. Nothing feels like you pick Liverpool -1 and Salah scores a goal few seconds after and you see your cover bet in Pinnacle is rejected  :D
Been parlay arbing for quite a while now. I'm not sure what you mean by changing the odd though?  How would you do that?  Once the ticket is made, the odds are set.

Return to “Arbing, matched betting and trading talk”