Karma score

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Karma score  (Read 977 times)
dealer wins
Totally Pro

View Profile

dealer wins

Karma score
« on: October 05, 2020, 10:54:56 PM »

-4 after 893 posts,  Anyone done better lol

Never trust a goose!!!
VidaBlue
Has experience

View Profile

VidaBlue

Re: Karma score
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2020, 09:47:16 AM »

The score is not always a reflection of the quality of the posts. Now yours is -6 just because you wrote this. My score is +45 now. I'll sell you 25 points if you would introduce me to some of your strategies. I know you won't (nor should you). Maybe my score will decrease now.
arbusers
Administrator
Totally Pro

View Profile WWW

arbusers

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2020, 09:55:13 AM »

Speaking of Karma scores, I must tell you that over this decade of arbusers being active, I have noticed many occasions of system misuse.
For example, 1 alert service, adding negative Karma to another for marketing reasons maybe. 1 member, adding negative Karma to another after a confrontation in the forum.
Worse of all this, is when some members are adding negative Karma to another member, simply because a new tactic is revealed that was supposed to be kept secret.
That is why we reduced the number of Karmas given per day, in order to avoid this kind of misuse.
VidaBlue
Has experience

View Profile

VidaBlue

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2020, 10:38:54 AM »

Karma is a b****  ;D

If technically possible, maybe you should even consider introducing max Karma possible between users anytime in order to avoid continuous Karma harassment or Karma wars. For instance, one can only Karma another user 3 times, then never again, and new users can only give karma after a certain number of posts (maybe the latter exists already).
justanarber

Email

justanarber

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2020, 10:45:57 AM »

Karma is a b****  ;D

If technically possible, maybe you should even consider introducing max Karma possible between users anytime in order to avoid continuous Karma harassment or Karma wars. For instance, one can only Karma another user 3 times, then never again, and new users can only give karma after a certain number of posts (maybe the latter exists already).

why do you care vidablue? it's a bunch of faceless people, yes some people's ego's, people who like to think they are better than the average guy on here may care......if the shoe fits?  ;)

you say karma is b**** but then give your ideas to improve it  :o
« Last Edit: October 06, 2020, 10:48:38 AM by justanarber » Logged
VidaBlue
Has experience

View Profile

VidaBlue

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2020, 11:11:13 AM »

why do you care vidablue? it's a bunch of faceless people, yes some people's ego's, people who like to think they are better than the average guy on here may care......if the shoe fits?  ;)
Dealer wins brought it up, so I suppose that he has noticed and for that reason I consider the risk that it will discourage him from making more posts with positive and useful content. I would prefer that not to happen, so that is why I comment on it. His score has dropped from -4 to -7 based on a short harmless subject, so it seems to me like someone is throwing negative karma in his direction just because of who he is and not for what he writes.

I thought I did ...
« Last Edit: October 06, 2020, 11:20:22 AM by VidaBlue » Logged
CharlieSheen99
To become a Pro

View Profile

CharlieSheen99

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2020, 11:23:45 AM »

Vida Blue is an authentic capitalist of Karma in this forum.
Remember to share is to live.
justanarber

Email

justanarber

« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2020, 11:26:56 AM »

Dealer wins brought it up, so I suppose that he has noticed and for that reason I consider the risk that it will discourage him from making more posts with positive and useful content. I would prefer that not to happen, so that is why I comment on it. His score has dropped from -4 to -7 based on a short harmless subject, so it seems to me like someone is throwing negative karma in his direction just because of who he is and not for what he writes.

I thought I did ...

oh, sorry it had nothing to do with your ego??? apparently you are concerned that the OP dealerwins is being discouraged from posting
because of his low karma yet he already has almost 900 posts, I think you need not worry, not so sure about the positive and useful content though!
dealer wins
Totally Pro

View Profile

dealer wins

« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2020, 11:30:46 AM »

Im at +10 now boom.  I just thought it was an interesting topic, ive seen members with -25 wonder what the lowest one is on the whole forum lol

Never trust a goose!!!
justanarber

Email

justanarber

« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2020, 11:38:13 AM »

Im at +10 now boom.  I just thought it was an interesting topic, ive seen members with -25 wonder what the lowest one is on the whole forum lol

karma means nothing, it's just an ego thing

yngwie/sawywer is easily the best poster on here yet he has a very low karma score but I never read a post from him moaning about
his karma score, he's far more concerned about his profits, of course just like the rest of us, that's the only score that matters.
dealer wins
Totally Pro

View Profile

dealer wins

« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2020, 11:40:22 AM »

Im not moaning about it, just thought it would be an interesting OT chat on a Monday lol

Never trust a goose!!!
justanarber

Email

justanarber

« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2020, 11:47:48 AM »

Im not moaning about it, just thought it would be an interesting OT chat on a Monday lol

not really sure why you'd think your karma score was interesting?
cigo
Gaining experience

View Profile

cigo

« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2020, 12:21:03 PM »

i give a carma, and you can give the money, lol
Pages: [1]
Print