Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:54 pm

-4 after 893 posts,  Anyone done better lol
Never trust a goose!!!
VidaBlue
To become a Pro
To become a ProTo become a ProTo become a Pro

Re: Karma score

Tue Oct 06, 2020 8:47 am

The score is not always a reflection of the quality of the posts. Now yours is -6 just because you wrote this. My score is +45 now. I'll sell you 25 points if you would introduce me to some of your strategies. I know you won't (nor should you). Maybe my score will decrease now.
arbusers
Administrator
AdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministratorAdministrator

Tue Oct 06, 2020 8:55 am

Speaking of Karma scores, I must tell you that over this decade of arbusers being active, I have noticed many occasions of system misuse.
For example, 1 alert service, adding negative Karma to another for marketing reasons maybe. 1 member, adding negative Karma to another after a confrontation in the forum.
Worse of all this, is when some members are adding negative Karma to another member, simply because a new tactic is revealed that was supposed to be kept secret.
That is why we reduced the number of Karmas given per day, in order to avoid this kind of misuse.
VidaBlue
To become a Pro

Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:38 am

Karma is a b****  ;D

If technically possible, maybe you should even consider introducing max Karma possible between users anytime in order to avoid continuous Karma harassment or Karma wars. For instance, one can only Karma another user 3 times, then never again, and new users can only give karma after a certain number of posts (maybe the latter exists already).
ju
justanarber

Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:45 am

VidaBlue wrote: Karma is a b****  ;D

If technically possible, maybe you should even consider introducing max Karma possible between users anytime in order to avoid continuous Karma harassment or Karma wars. For instance, one can only Karma another user 3 times, then never again, and new users can only give karma after a certain number of posts (maybe the latter exists already).
why do you care vidablue? it's a bunch of faceless people, yes some people's ego's, people who like to think they are better than the average guy on here may care......if the shoe fits?  ;)

you say karma is b**** but then give your ideas to improve it  :o
Last edited by justanarber on Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
VidaBlue
To become a Pro

Tue Oct 06, 2020 10:11 am

justanarber wrote: why do you care vidablue? it's a bunch of faceless people, yes some people's ego's, people who like to think they are better than the average guy on here may care......if the shoe fits?  ;)
Dealer wins brought it up, so I suppose that he has noticed and for that reason I consider the risk that it will discourage him from making more posts with positive and useful content. I would prefer that not to happen, so that is why I comment on it. His score has dropped from -4 to -7 based on a short harmless subject, so it seems to me like someone is throwing negative karma in his direction just because of who he is and not for what he writes.
justanarber wrote: you say karma is b**** but then give your ideas to improve it  :o
I thought I did ...
Last edited by VidaBlue on Tue Oct 06, 2020 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
CharlieSheen99
Pro
ProProProPro

Tue Oct 06, 2020 10:23 am

Vida Blue is an authentic capitalist of Karma in this forum.
Remember to share is to live.
ju
justanarber

Tue Oct 06, 2020 10:26 am

VidaBlue wrote:
justanarber wrote: why do you care vidablue? it's a bunch of faceless people, yes some people's ego's, people who like to think they are better than the average guy on here may care......if the shoe fits?  ;)
Dealer wins brought it up, so I suppose that he has noticed and for that reason I consider the risk that it will discourage him from making more posts with positive and useful content. I would prefer that not to happen, so that is why I comment on it. His score has dropped from -4 to -7 based on a short harmless subject, so it seems to me like someone is throwing negative karma in his direction just because of who he is and not for what he writes.
justanarber wrote: you say karma is b**** but then give your ideas to improve it  :o
I thought I did ...
oh, sorry it had nothing to do with your ego??? apparently you are concerned that the OP dealerwins is being discouraged from posting
because of his low karma yet he already has almost 900 posts, I think you need not worry, not so sure about the positive and useful content though!
dealer wins
Totally Pro
Totally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally Pro

Tue Oct 06, 2020 10:30 am

Im at +10 now boom.  I just thought it was an interesting topic, ive seen members with -25 wonder what the lowest one is on the whole forum lol
Never trust a goose!!!
ju
justanarber

Tue Oct 06, 2020 10:38 am

dealer wins wrote: Im at +10 now boom.  I just thought it was an interesting topic, ive seen members with -25 wonder what the lowest one is on the whole forum lol
karma means nothing, it's just an ego thing

yngwie/sawywer is easily the best poster on here yet he has a very low karma score but I never read a post from him moaning about
his karma score, he's far more concerned about his profits, of course just like the rest of us, that's the only score that matters.
dealer wins
Totally Pro
Totally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally ProTotally Pro

Tue Oct 06, 2020 10:40 am

Im not moaning about it, just thought it would be an interesting OT chat on a Monday lol
Never trust a goose!!!
ju
justanarber

Tue Oct 06, 2020 10:47 am

dealer wins wrote: Im not moaning about it, just thought it would be an interesting OT chat on a Monday lol
not really sure why you'd think your karma score was interesting?
cigo
Gaining experience
Gaining experience

Tue Oct 06, 2020 11:21 am

i give a carma, and you can give the money, lol

Return to “Rest Area”